Live from the Viking Neptune World Cruise 2022-23

Mcobean

1 hour ago, Cathyvee said:

Thank you. Less expensive than Viking tour. Looks good.

To confirm it is the Great Adventure tour, the contact info will probably have The Quicksilver Group listed which Great Adventures is a part of...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, DJVKN said:

Not sure if anyone is still monitoring this board but I have a question.

If you sent luggage using Luggage Forward did you include an air tag or tile in the suitcase or box for tracking? TIA!

Diana

Diana

I have friends who were on the 21/22 WC and they used one.  However, others on these threads have reported that when they used them, the bags were returned to them by the Luggage Forwardinf folks. 

1 minute ago, Clay Clayton said:

Diana

I have friends who were on the 21/22 WC and they used one.  However, others on these threads have reported that when they used them, the bags were returned to them by the Luggage Forwardinf folks. 

Thanks Clay. I had used them for the 21/22 WC as well (my bags were shipped out and back by Viking when we canceled the day before the trip started) it was nice to know exactly where the bags were. 

I am trying to understand how they would know they were in the bag and was hoping someone on this last cruise had used them without issue. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DJVKN said:

If you sent luggage using Luggage Forward did you include an air tag or tile in the suitcase or box for tracking? TIA!

Diana

I used them in all 3 bags I shipped and had no problems. I do know that it’s technically against their terms of service, so you are taking a risk. I didn’t run into anyone on the WC who had any problems with using them. Just my two cents!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, DJVKN said:

Diana

We decided against using them. However we were able to track progress of our bags from Idaho to FLL using the UPS app.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, DJVKN said:

Diana

We were told they weren’t allowed, so didn’t use them.  There was a long laundry list of what you could not include in their shipment, and we followed it to the letter.  
We did use Air Tags in the luggage that we brought with us on the flight.  

• Thanks 1

For anyone from class of 22/23 WC who may still be monitoring, or any others who have familiarity with Sydney - those of us on the 23/24 WC are considering an alternative to the Sydney pub crawl offered by Viking, since it sold out. And a few of us thought we might have more fun just winging it on our own.

@Heidi13 @Jim Avery @NY Nick Maybe any or all of the 3 of you have some experience to lend here.  We already have some thoughts about a good itinerary but would love to hear further thoughts - thanks on behalf of the Sky Pub Crawling Club (haha I just named it that)

20 minutes ago, cruising denise said:

For anyone from class of 22/23 WC who may still be monitoring, or any others who have familiarity with Sydney - those of us on the 23/24 WC are considering an alternative to the Sydney pub crawl offered by Viking, since it sold out. And a few of us thought we might have more fun just winging it on our own.

@Heidi13 @Jim Avery @NY Nick Maybe any or all of the 3 of you have some experience to lend here.  We already have some thoughts about a good itinerary but would love to hear further thoughts - thanks on behalf of the Sky Pub Crawling Club (haha I just named it that)

Haha, good name. We always end up at the Fortune of War, supposedly Sydney's oldest pub.  There are several nice looking locals in The Rocks area which is a nice walk from where the tenders drop off or if lucky where the ship docks.  FoW is even closer.  You won't  get lost.🍺

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Jim Avery said:

Haha, good name. We always end up at the Fortune of War, supposedly Sydney's oldest pub.  There are several nice looking locals in The Rocks area which is a nice walk from where the tenders drop off or if lucky where the ship docks.  FoW is even closer.  You won't  get lost.🍺

Thanks, Jim!  I knew I could count on you for some good info!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruising denise said:

Thanks, Jim!  I knew I could count on you for some good info!

Second Jim for FOW - it is the oldest pub in Sydney. If you're there when Tooheys New is available, it's excellent beer!

I'd also vote for the Glenmore Hotel rooftop in the Rocks - good spot for lunch as well as your crawl.

It's hard to find a bad pub in Sydney ... 🍺🥌.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, CurlerRob said:

Second Jim for FOW - it is the oldest pub in Sydney. If you're there when Tooheys New is available, it's excellent beer!

I'd also vote for the Glenmore Hotel rooftop in the Rocks - good spot for lunch as well as your crawl.

It's hard to find a bad pub in Sydney ... 🍺🥌.

Thanks, I appreciate this!  Lunch might be a welcome addition to the crawl...!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cruising denise said:

Thanks, I appreciate this!  Lunch might be a welcome addition to the crawl...!

Whatever you do don’t let them serve you Fosters when you order Crown Lager! It has been attempted on DW and me several times. We politely pointed out their mistake. 🍺

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, cruising denise said:

We took a Pub Crawl tour when on a Viking River cruise going thru Cologne Germany.  It's wasn't a "HEY - LET'S PARTY" type of tour.  We had a fun group of a dozen or so, hit 3 or 4 pubs and had one drink in each.  The guide told stories and gave history of the city as we walked.  It was alright.  Glad we did it but wouldn't do it again.  As you've said above, you probably WILL have more fun on your own just winging it.  FoW is probably a must stop in, other than that, I'd say research pubs if you're really interested in pubs and hit the ones that tickle YOUR fancy.

We did venture out on our own in Sydney and took a water taxi over to the Taronga Zoo.  A pretty neat set up.  Take the ski lift to the top, then tour the zoo as you walk downhill all day long.

Prost Tour (1).JPG

Prost Tour (9).JPG

Prost Tour (23).JPG

Prost Tour (24).JPG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NY Nick said:

We took a Pub Crawl tour when on a Viking River cruise going thru Cologne Germany.  It's wasn't a "HEY - LET'S PARTY" type of tour.  We had a fun group of a dozen or so, hit 3 or 4 pubs and had one drink in each.  The guide told stories and gave history of the city as we walked.  It was alright.  Glad we did it but wouldn't do it again.  As you've said above, you probably WILL have more fun on your own just winging it.  FoW is probably a must stop in, other than that, I'd say research pubs if you're really interested in pubs and hit the ones that tickle YOUR fancy.

We did venture out on our own in Sydney and took a water taxi over to the Taronga Zoo.  A pretty neat set up.  Take the ski lift to the top, then tour the zoo as you walk downhill all day long.

Prost Tour (1).JPG

Prost Tour (9).JPG

Prost Tour (23).JPG

Prost Tour (24).JPG

Thanks for sharing these thoughts and pix - it's nice to see you and Linda during your travels ❤️

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NY Nick said:

Like many others here, we have thousands of pics. 

Ha.  Do we ever.  Digital cameras/phones are great but lend themselves to WAAAAY too man pix.  I was pretty happy that we came home from our recent 2.5 weeks river cruise / Eastern Europe trip with "only" ~2100 between two phones and a camera....I'll weed through them and try to get it under 1500 😅

• Like 1

On 10/21/2023 at 9:14 AM, cruising denise said:

Here are a few from Sydney that may be of interest

·       Harry’s Café de Wheels – food truck since 1945

·       Fortune of War – Sydney’s Oldest Pub, George St

·       Squire’s Landing – North End OPT

·       Tap Rooms – Argyle Street

·       Munich Brahaus – Argyle Street

·       Glenmore Hotel – Gloucester Walk

·       Harts Pub – Gloucester Street

·       Hero of Waterloo Pub – across motorway from the Rocks, built 1840’s

·       Steyne Hotel – Manly Beach, has a rooftop garden

·       Doyles Restaurant/Carryout – Watson Bay

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Here are a few from Sydney that may be of interest

·       Harry’s Café de Wheels – food truck since 1945

·       Fortune of War – Sydney’s Oldest Pub, George St

·       Squire’s Landing – North End OPT

·       Tap Rooms – Argyle Street

·       Munich Brahaus – Argyle Street

·       Glenmore Hotel – Gloucester Walk

·       Harts Pub – Gloucester Street

·       Hero of Waterloo Pub – across motorway from the Rocks, built 1840’s

·       Steyne Hotel – Manly Beach, has a rooftop garden

·       Doyles Restaurant/Carryout – Watson Bay

Thanks so much, Andy!  I appreciate you weighing in!  

• Like 1