LUMINOSA SOUTH PACIFIC ITINERARY

Due to the El Cheapo cruise thread, and some positive posts about Luminosa's cruises out of Brisbane, we've now got a terrific deal on Carnival Luminosa,  Feb 2023, 7 nighter to Noumea (no problems), Mystery Island (maybe yes, maybe no) and Lifou. Brains Trust on these threads would indicate Lifou, Mare, IOP, are still closed to cruise ships from Oz. So question to the Cruise Table of Knowledge.  Is Lifou a goer or not?  Normally Royal cruisers, but price too good to pass up even for Carnival.

Lifou open, Mare and Isle of pines not. Mystery island has had some mishaps this season, dock repairs, then Quantum missed because they left Vila late due to medical and wasn't allowed to stop due to beetles. Now Ovation with mechanical issues. 

Yeah, Lifou should be no probs as P&O is getting there OK.

Mystery Island had a Mystery wharf issue that was Mysteriously OK for P&O only a few days later. Fingers crossed for calm conditions.

Alas, Noumea is likely to be 100% certain

10 hours ago, arxcards said:

Yeah, Lifou should be no probs as P&O is getting there OK.

Mystery Island had a Mystery wharf issue that was Mysteriously OK for P&O only a few days later. Fingers crossed for calm conditions.

Alas, Noumea is likely to be 100% certain

No wharf at Mystery Is last time I was there. It had a jetty.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Fortunately, it's a noon departure.

Interesting, hadn't picked up on that. Itinerary has 7.00 a.m to 12.00 pm. So I suppose that is noon. Could it possibly be midnight? There is always some dispute as to whether 12.00 should say specifically midnight or noon.

On 12/24/2022 at 12:07 PM, willsaway said:

Interesting, hadn't picked up on that. Itinerary has 7.00 a.m to 12.00 pm. So I suppose that is noon. Could it possibly be midnight? There is always some dispute as to whether 12.00 should say specifically midnight or noon.

Definitely noon. 

8 minutes ago, Auscruisefam said:

Our cruise will be in port from 8am-12pm. Can’t really do much in that time frame. Feels like it’s just a killing time and a bit pointless. I know most people hate the Noumea stop but if it was an all day we could have gone out and did an excursion. 

I have often wondered if the French Caledonian authorities insist on a port call into Noumea for ships wanting to visit another port in New Caledonia.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I have often wondered if the French Caledonian authorities insist on a port call into Noumea for ships wanting to visit another port in New Caledonia.

Yachts entering or leaving New Caledonia must get clearance in Noumea before proceeding anywhere else. It's obviously different for cruise ships. I assume that they must get some form of pre-clearance in order to head straight to Lifou, but that there is a requirement to appear in Noumea on the way home.

Edited by SinbadThePorter

Willisaway, those Luminosa deals are fantastic, I'm going on her in late Feb for 11 nights. $380 with $250 OBC & when you get a few free bags of laundry. incredible..

We are going to Santo (Carnival itself has only been there 3 times in last 8 years, P&O go there a lot) & Dravuni Island..

Yeah love the reviews from the ship.

The only thing bad is THAT 12 Midday departure from Noumea. What can i do on these days, might go & spend a Hour at Duck is, at most..

Hope you enjoy your cruise..