Celebrity Wonderverse

Kelownadon

2 hours ago, Cruising Divers said:

Does anyone know what today’s item to find is and where it is located? My achievement list as well as pressing L on the keyboard shows only a blank activity screen. TY!

If you see nothing, come back in an hour or so and the next day challenge will be up. Or at least that’s what worked for me. 

• Thanks 1

Ok, Day 7 is up. I found it back right of resort deck.

But oh, it was torture. 

My 'fav' things about this metaverse experience:

– getting stuck in the pool, unable to get out without clicking exactly the right places (easier to reload the area than escape the pool)

– the screen loading to black multiple times on start or refusing to load at all / having to restart my computer and clear the cache to use the site at all

– the graphics pixelating to total nonsense, despite a good connection 

– the controls being so laggy, and reversed, such that pushing up looked down, but in fits and starts, making it almost impossible to turn just a little bit in the correct direction

– the avatar resetting, even when saved, such that every visit I was confusingly a different random person

– the item for the day disappearing before the end of the day

– the item for the next day appearing before the start of the next day

I could go on. I guess the only saving grace of this whole experience is that it was so extremely buggy hopefully the number of entrants is low? But that's sort of a cruel hope, eh...

Edited by thebaehrs
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I showed my GF this silly game and her comment was, "I don't see any old people.  Where are the old people?".  I answered, "I don't think they want old people.  They want Millennials, or Generation Z or whatever".

Edited by Stockjock
  • Haha 2

Interestingly, though it says that today is the last day to play (day 7), the window that popped after I found the clue said to return again tomorrow "for another chance to win"... huh... ?

image.png.542369c43a066a9fd36f281e56825380.png

Edited by nunuc2000

52 minutes ago, nunuc2000 said:

Interestingly, though it says that today is the last day to play (day 7), the window that popped after I found the clue said to return again tomorrow "for another chance to win"... huh... ?

Maybe they will give us a second chance at Day 1, that's the only day I couldn't login.

• Haha 1

HHHHHHAAAAAAA!   I just received an email from Celebrity to offer my thoughts in a SURVEY about Wonderverse.  This is the closest I've been able to get into Wonderverse...which is more like "Wonder where?"!  Needless to say, I gave honest responses to the questions in the Survey.  Hopefully, someone will read my remarks and FIX the Wonder of it All!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ajconova said:

I used Microsoft Edge browser today and it worked better than Chrome yesterday. The hat is in Mast Grill on the counter 😉

I think I finally found the mast grill, but don't see a hat or X anywhere. 

20 hours ago, thebaehrs said:

Ok, Day 7 is up. I found it back right of resort deck.

But oh, it was torture. 

My 'fav' things about this metaverse experience:

– getting stuck in the pool, unable to get out without clicking exactly the right places (easier to reload the area than escape the pool)

– the screen loading to black multiple times on start or refusing to load at all / having to restart my computer and clear the cache to use the site at all

– the graphics pixelating to total nonsense, despite a good connection 

– the controls being so laggy, and reversed, such that pushing up looked down, but in fits and starts, making it almost impossible to turn just a little bit in the correct direction

– the avatar resetting, even when saved, such that every visit I was confusingly a different random person

– the item for the day disappearing before the end of the day

– the item for the next day appearing before the start of the next day

I could go on. I guess the only saving grace of this whole experience is that it was so extremely buggy hopefully the number of entrants is low? But that's sort of a cruel hope, eh...

Glad I'm not the only one who has multiple "personalities"  - My hair trailed behind me the first couple of days.   I was stuck on previous days Easter Eggs several days.  Oh well.  Took a couple of swims but was able to get out of the pool.  It was interesting but IMO a failure.... unless I win a cruise LOL

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nunuc2000 said:

LOL I'm just betting the IT department forgot to change the message 

2 hours ago, AlibearNS said:

Me neither, ugh. I hate this whole thing.

It was on the counter on the coner. First I saw a glowing, then pinkish hat. Never saw X.  After clicking on the hat the congratulations message appeared. 

20230326_194147.jpg

2 minutes ago, nunuc2000 said:

And for today's fun.... apparently there are 12 different Easter Eggs to be found?? Ummm... What?!? Is this some of the behind the scenes info that was never released or meant to be seen? So confused... 

image.png.0da954f54441ad3e00bed5f22ecdb753.png

What?!?

16 minutes ago, nunuc2000 said:

And for today's fun.... apparently there are 12 different Easter Eggs to be found?? Ummm... What?!? Is this some of the behind the scenes info that was never released or meant to be seen? So confused... 

These activities are no longer part of the cruise sweepstakes, I believe. These are just in-game achievements for fun. Well not really fun, but you know what I mean.

• Haha 1

Ohhh... and one other mistake I noticed in their info on destinations... if you clicked on the "Explore Japan" circle, it showed a little cartoony image of Mount Fuji, and this little blurb: image.png.5c8e09bae31df3dc0d9a8f27ae7ec96e.png

Ummm... nope... Mount Fuji is about 3.7 kilometers tall... in feet, it's well over 12,000 FEET tall... oops! Who's proofing this stuff?? HAHA!! 

• Like 1

I opened this stupid game up, tried it for a few minutes on my computer then my iPad and decided I wanted nothing to doo with this stupid promo. X send me an email the next day seeking feedback on my Wonderverse experience and I blasted this whole concept. I told them to quit wasting time developing this nonsense and to put their developers back on to fixing their App. I doubt it will do much good but I'll bet they wasted hundreds of thousand of dollars developing this.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nunuc2000 said:

I saw this as well.....and I also have 0/12 Easter Eggs collected (although I found every one each day). It is a terrible "game" and whoever thought it was a good idea and/or approved the expenditure of real money to put it into product upon should be fired!

26 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

I saw this as well.....and I also have 0/12 Easter Eggs collected (although I found every one each day). It is a terrible "game" and whoever thought it was a good idea and/or approved the expenditure of real money to put it into product upon should be fired!

I shouldn't admit it, but I went looking. There are more Easter Eggs around, and I got credit for 4. The original eggs are shown but I couldn't get credit for them. I found others for which I did get credit, and at least one that was not an original egg and I couldn't get credit. It seems the daily eggs should count but don't. Of course, it's not clear what rules "should" apply anyway.

On 3/23/2023 at 7:37 AM, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

The official rules on on the bottom of this webpage. You have to expand the text at the bottom.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/metaverse

On 3/22/2023 at 6:06 PM, kathynorth said:

Where did you find the sweepstakes rules? I've been trying to figure out if they will post the winners somewhere and if they are posting on a daily basis or will post all 7 winners after the week is over.

And one more update... I was curious to see the list of winners, who are apparently supposed to be selected today... (on or about Mar 28)... and initially when I went into the FAQ's on the Celebrity site last week during the contest entry period, there was a clickable "list here" that could be clicked on to see the posted names of the winners. Fast forward to today... no clickable list, no official rules, no terms and conditions... not a thing.  

Soooo.... do you think there will actually be any winners? Will we ever even know the final outcome of this little wonderverse adventure?" Enquiring minds wanna know.... 

6 minutes ago, nunuc2000 said:

And one more update... I was curious to see the list of winners, who are apparently supposed to be selected today... (on or about Mar 28)... and initially when I went into the FAQ's on the Celebrity site last week during the contest entry period, there was a clickable "list here" that could be clicked on to see the posted names of the winners. Fast forward to today... no clickable list, no official rules, no terms and conditions... not a thing.  

Soooo.... do you think there will actually be any winners? Will we ever even know the final outcome of this little wonderverse adventure?" Enquiring minds wanna know.... 

I’ve saved the link to the winners page on my laptop. I can share when I’m home. 

• Like 1