Ocean cay missed

eastender

Off Meraviglia today. 5 nights with only 2 ports, make that 1 port as it didn't make the pier at the island due to currents and wind. There really wasn't anything unusual with the weather that day, quite windy I suppose but nothing unusual going on with the sea. Just makes me wonder if conditions have to be perfect for that big ship to get in there?

It’s not just wind, but currents in the water too. The channel is small. We missed one day on our last cruise but made it the second day. On that day that we missed one of the Virgin ships could not dock in Bimini  either. The sea day was nice though. It wasn’t windy enough that deck time was uncomfortable. 

On our last cruise in  May, the captain tried 3 times and finally made it in. The  staff was not prepared for the ship to dock and  it made for frustration on everyone part. From food to transportation once it began to rain

I wouldn' hold your breath for any refunds.... My experience was a little different. We booked a cruise on Seaside in 2019 that had Ocean Caye as a port stop. Unfortunately due to delays in completing we received a letter a month before cruise saying Nassau was substituted due to island not ready. Said we would receive a future cruise credit for 20% of our total cruise fare (taxes excluded). Wrote to MSC when back from cruise and followed up several times asking for a future cruise certificate. Slow response (are we surprised)...never gave me the actual amount and eventually told me to call MSC for the details. Well we all know what spectaculor customer service MSC has...so never got an answer. Then Covid hit....so I just gave up. So beware lol!

Edited by lcpagejr

• 2 weeks later...

I've made it to Ocean Cay every single cruise (about a dozen). In November on the Divina, we had to leave 6 hours early due to weather, and 30 minutes after leaving I was sure they made the right decision.

In early December on the Meraviglia we arrived during a windstorm. The Captain brought us in at about a 45 degree angle from the dock, then swung the stern around. I really didn't think we would dock successfully but there wasn't even a small bump. I was very impressed!

• Like 1