Bonsai Teppanyaki

jcool

You can tell them what you're allergic to. We had someone who was allergic to eggs the last time I was there. The chef made a special batch of fried rice without eggs. You can order steak. They give you several appetizers. One is tuna. You'd probably want to skip that one. I'm not sure if there are nuts in any of the desserts. They give you a dessert box with six small desserts to try.

Edited by Saint Greg

Just ate there last week and our table had a shellfish/ seafood allergy. She skipped all of the appetizers with that. And then they prepared everything except the seafood, made sure she was good to go, and then cooked the seafood last. Truthfully was the best meal I’ve ever had on a cruise! 

I'm allergic to shellfish and don't eat any seafood. We've eaten at Teppanyaki twice on Mardi Gras and I had no issues, would do it again in a heartbeat. They're really good with allergies there and made sure not to give me anything I couldn't have. They made my chicken and filet first before cooking shrimp for the others. The second time we ate there, I skipped the dessert box because I was too full. 

From my past experiences with food allergies and the Teppanyaki, they MIGHT prepare your dish in the back to avoid any cross contamination.  My daughter is allergic to dairy and they use a lot of butter, so they will prepare her dish in the back, but she will still get to enjoy the show.

On 12/27/2022 at 12:42 PM, jcool said:

Has anyone been to Bonsai Teppanyaki? We are allergic to seafood also all variety of nut. I am starting to think this place is not for us am I right?

We went back in October. There was a young lady at our table who was allergic to seafood. The cook made the vegetables for everyone then made her chicken before placing any seafood on the grill. It was done very tastefully and everyone enjoyed their meal. There were  no nuts of any sort. 

43 minutes ago, tytanbri said:

We went back in October. There was a young lady at our table who was allergic to seafood. The cook made the vegetables for everyone then made her chicken before placing any seafood on the grill. It was done very tastefully and everyone enjoyed their meal. There were  no nuts of any sort. 

We were on Horizon a year ago and this was the case.

They do all necessary to accomodate food allergies