shore excursions for southern carib

jerseyjill

Hi, we're sailing on 10 day ultimate southern Caribbean on the Edge in April. Having been to most of these islands already on previous cruises, we're thinking of doing new tours and would like feedback from previous cruisers before we book. So here's our plans:

St Maarten- Double Decker Bus Island tour,

St Lucia-St Lucia Beach Break

Barbados-Scenic Drive and Beach Break

Antigua-Catamaran Cruise and Lobster Lunch

St Kitts- can't decide?- Carambola Beach Break, Coastal Cruise, Beach and Steel Band or Beach Break

Obviously nothing strenous, just relaxing on the beach and light touring. Thoughts from personal experience here???

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Jersey jill, now North Carolina jill LOL

\

St. Kitts…definitely Carambola Beach Club…but try to do it independently rather than the ship’s excursion.

And in Barbados, I would recommend another private excursion which is Calabaza Catamaran.  Book direct…only 12 passengers allowed…great lunch…beautiful day.  We already have it planned for 2024 😎

• Like 1

In December, in St. Kitts, I went to Palms  Court Gardens. It was a restaurant with beautiful gardens, pool, with view of the ocean (and cruise ships). I was able to walk there from the cruise ship. The setting was tranquil; only a few other guests, who were quietly enjoying themselves. I had a lobster roll and the best plantain chips ever for lunch. They have a gift shop, too. It was the best excursion of my 10-day cruise on Equinox. They responded quickly to my email. 
www.palmscourtgardens.com

We did the train ride in St Kitts.  Boring and wouldn’t recommend it.   I am a train enthusiast and love the experience of riding the rails.   This wasn’t one of them. It is rather rustic and the seating  arrangement is very bad.   It is a bench along each side of the car.  You can’t see the other side because of the passengers and you have to twist your body 180  to see the side you are sitting on.  Plus the cars really  rock  and you can’t stand up to look at the other side.  

We also did the Chef thing tour in St Lucia.    Not worth the cost.  We stopped at the market there and they walked us thru it showing us the different sections.  We could have done that our selves and we did it before on our own.   We then went to the Pink House.   That was the best part.  The area  was nice and the food was good.   The dinner on board was disappointing.   It was family style and the entrees were for the most part over cooked.  They were very dry and tasteless.  There were a few hits but most were misses.  

This is my opinion 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

10 hours ago, BikiniBlonde said:

In December, in St. Kitts, I went to Palms  Court Gardens. It was a restaurant with beautiful gardens, pool, with view of the ocean (and cruise ships). I was able to walk there from the cruise ship. The setting was tranquil; only a few other guests, who were quietly enjoying themselves. I had a lobster roll and the best plantain chips ever for lunch. They have a gift shop, too. It was the best excursion of my 10-day cruise on Equinox. They responded quickly to my email. 
www.palmscourtgardens.com

IMG_1935.MOV

How long was the walk?  Thks.

Have done Calabaza in Barbados and it was one of my favorite excursions. Gina pampers you all day and the few passengers makes it a wonderful day. From the morning coffee to the afternoon lunch and snacks throughout the day. 

• 2 weeks later...