Laundry clarification

shorton

Regarding the three-bag limit on free laundry for PH passengers. Not sure what that means. Three bags total for the length of the cruise? Per day? (Unlikely). We usually send a few things to the

laundry every few days, but not sure how that computes with three bags. 

19 minutes ago, shorton said:

Regarding the three-bag limit on free laundry for PH passengers. Not sure what that means. Three bags total for the length of the cruise? Per day? (Unlikely). We usually send a few things to the

laundry every few days, but not sure how that computes with three bags.                                             

T

here are also self-service laundries on each deck (Vista, Riviera, and Marina) and I believe one laundry room on the smaller ships

HI!

You can send three bags of laundry which are complementary anytime during the cruise-one or more at a time. 

We like to also pay for laundry for certain items which are more delicate. We love the drycleaning on the ship. Their work is excellent!

Rhea

You cannot send it out on the last 3 days of the cruise.  I like free laundry.  On my recent 14 day cruise, I used the 3 bags. Also, used the free pressing vouchers.  I never needed to use the self serve laundry machines. However, previously on a 10 day cruise,  was not able to use all 3.  Would like to see more free bags for longer cruises.  

First time Oceania cruiser, but have been on over a dozen cruises (mostly NCL), and are booked on a 20 day trip in March.  I read that we get two free bags of laundry.  Am I incorrect and we get three?

With the tight limit (20 items for 2 people isn't many days worth of clothes) and the long turn-around time, I expect to do laundry myself at least once.  For those who have done that, is there usually a line of people doing laundry?  How convenient is it really?

15 minutes ago, SueMo said:

3 bags per cabin or per person?

per cabin

12 minutes ago, Firstin87 said:

First time Oceania cruiser, but have been on over a dozen cruises (mostly NCL), and are booked on a 20 day trip in March.  I read that we get two free bags of laundry.  Am I incorrect and we get three?

With the tight limit (20 items for 2 people isn't many days worth of clothes) and the long turn-around time, I expect to do laundry myself at least once.  For those who have done that, is there usually a line of people doing laundry?  How convenient is it really?

Sea days can sometimes have a line, just check the remaining time on the loads in the machines, on port days where I choose not to go on a tour you can usually score a machine.  It's never been an issue for me.   Now this is on the O class ships.  On the R ships your results may vary.

21 minutes ago, Firstin87 said:

We need more information here. What ship are you on and what category?

Thank you, Shepherd Really.  Very helpful.  I plan to do laundry when the ship is in port, so my assumption that there would be less demand those times is correct - thanks.  Did you sit in the laundry room while your loads were going or return when the load was ready?  We are on the Riviera and have read that there is a laundry room on each deck - that's convenient.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Firstin87 said:

Thank you, Shepherd Really.  Very helpful.  I plan to do laundry when the ship is in port, so my assumption that there would be less demand those times is correct - thanks.  Did you sit in the laundry room while your loads were going or return when the load was ready?  We are on the Riviera and have read that there is a laundry room on each deck - that's convenient.

I did both.  I always come back before my wash cycle is completed as a courtesy to others.  Ditto with the dryer.  I may have hung out once or twice as well, depending on the company in the laundry room 😉

2 minutes ago, Firstin87 said:

We are on the Riviera in a Penthouse Suite 3 (which looks lovely in the pictures!)

You will get 3 bags for the cabin. Need to be turned in at least 3 days before the end of the cruise. There is a laundry room on every deck with cabins except for deck 12. And yes, there will be less demand for the laundry room while the ship is in port. No need to sit in the laundry room unless you want to, but make sure you know how long before your load ends and be back a few minute before it ends. There are different times for different settings. 

Thank you both very much for your help.  Glad to have three bags instead of two.  I will definitely set my phone alarm to return before the loads end.  We all remember the days of apartment living with the shared laundry room and there was always at least one person who left their washing for others to remove and put in their basket (then they'd get annoyed when they'd return hours later and find it had not been dried).  Don't want to be that person!

Being such a long trip, the laundry has been my biggest concern.  Breathing easier now thanks to you two!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Firstin87 said:

Did you sit in the laundry room while your loads were going or return when the load was ready?  We are on the Riviera and have read that there is a laundry room on each deck - that's convenient.

I usually put  the laundry  in check the timer  & my watch then go off until a few minutes before it is supposed to be finished

Put things in the dryer  & do the same check timer  check watch

If you choose to sit  there & wait  there are  soft drinks & a tv & sofa

• Like 1

The 3 Bags, with up to 20 items in each, is a nice amenity and they can come back in 2-3 days depending on the staff’s workload. Whether in a PH or Concierge Stateroom, we receive this benefit but I, (husband), usually do the laundry with some expert guidance 😁.  That said, the laundry comes back folded, not on hangers or ironed.  If we are talking men’s pants or shirts, they are clean but wrinkled so for me, unwearable.  I then have to go back to the Laundry Room to iron the wrinkles out. Under garments or jeans or Polo shirts are no problem as wrinkles do not matter. 
if you want ironed and on hangers, you will pay for that service.

If you truly have “wash and wear” items, you are good to go. I can’t believe it is from eating too much of the “Finest Cuisine at Sea”, but some items “might” shrink a little in the hot water wash cycle. 🤪👍🙏

Enjoy your cruise, Mauibabes

I plan on following the same procedure, LHT28.  Nice to know the waiting area is comfortable.

Thank you for the explanation of how items are returned.  May have to iron a few items, which I'm OK with doing, but will pack as much 'wash and wear' as possible.  I agree that clothes may shrink in the wash and definitely not as a result of all that eating!  

Back to a earlier question, I have found that a good time to do your own laundry starts around cocktail hours. I can't remember having a problem getting a machine if I started around 6pm. Port days are also good, sea days are not! I usually note the time when laundry will be done and get back in plenty of time to promptly remove my laundry from the machines.

Mura

53 minutes ago, Mura said:

Back to a earlier question, I have found that a good time to do your own laundry starts around cocktail hours. I can't remember having a problem getting a machine if I started around 6pm. Port days are also good, sea days are not! I usually note the time when laundry will be done and get back in plenty of time to promptly remove my laundry from the machines.

Mura

Only problem is that is when we're getting ready for dinner. I'm not going to sacrifice dinner for doing laundry. 

Just to make sure I understand…As a PH passenger, sounds like you don’t want to send just a few items to the laundry because that would only partially fill a bag, and you lose that bag when you send it away. Is my thinking correct? 

4 minutes ago, shorton said:

Just to make sure I understand…As a PH passenger, sounds like you don’t want to send just a few items to the laundry because that would only partially fill a bag, and you lose that bag when you send it away. Is my thinking correct? 

Yes.

Just got off Marina and I have a warning regarding both self-serve and ships laundry. Even though Oceania provide what is, supposedly, laundry detergent, the stains never washed out. Even the clothes we sent to be laundered still had stains when returned. I will be taking my own Shout stain remover and laundry detergent on our next cruise for sure.