New MDR menus yet?

9 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

I'm not a seafood fan.  However, I do like a lot of shrimp (just about any style, as long as it doesn't smell fishy, not fresh) and some lobster.  I must say, that looks great!  

Except for the coconut part.  : ) 
They do seem to have shrimp on the menu often, and not just the cocktail.  That was what tipped me over into thinking the new menus were a positive.  

• Like 1

As Gary just said...we will be official Guinea Pigs for first roll out of new menu here on Jewel.  Was surprised at the Chef's announcement, and looking forward to when the app updates to see the new items.  

First leg last week was old menu...this will be nice for a change in food offerings for second leg!  🙂 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Me too. It's cold, with a chance of snow later today and for the next 5 days. Jewel is a favorite of ours.  🍻

Not really warm (for whimpy Florida residents) here either.   Going down to 30 degrees tonight here in PC, and in the low 50s for a high, with a lot of cold wind out of the NW right now.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Not really warm (for whimpy Florida residents) here either.   Going down to 30 degrees tonight here in PC, and in the low 50s for a high, with a lot of cold wind out of the NW right now.  

Oh, good grief.  Will be stopping in PC in a couple of weeks sailing from Bayonne and was hoping to make it a beach day.🙏

• Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Brrrr... Maybe a couple of hot toddies for HH. 🥃

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, island lady said:

Checked out..and back in....ready for "go round #2" here on Jewel. 

Indeed the menu has loaded on the app and looks good!  Will be fun to try the new dishes this week. 🙂 

How was the turnaround? We are on next week and the following. Where did you meet? How long were you off the ship?

Can't wait for our turn!

• Like 1

New menu report.   First night, of new menu on Jewel.  (Welcome aboard menu). 

Recommended crab cakes for appetizer.  Crispy tasty and a bit spicy. 

New spinach and artichoke dip.  Stale corn chips, watery soup like tasteless dip.

Fried Chicken (same as old menu).   Crispy tasty.

Stuffed Portobello with spinach and red sauce.  Too much sauce and piled with tasteless Panko.  

Dessert:  Old menu Key lime pie (delicious) and I had the SF chocolate custard (wonderful). 

Disclaimer:  All subject to personal taste.  😉 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, audome78 said:

How was the turnaround? We are on next week and the following. Where did you meet? How long were you off the ship?

Can't wait for our turn!

102 of us, badly mismanaged.  Met in theater.   Someone needs to teach Deep (DL concierge) how to do it better.  

Met at 9:00 am...finally marched off the ship, back on by 10 am.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

New menu report.   First night, of new menu on Jewel.  (Welcome aboard menu). 

Recommended crab cakes for appetizer.  Crispy tasty and a bit spicy. 

New spinach and artichoke dip.  Stale corn chips, watery soup like tasteless dip.

Fried Chicken (same as old menu).   Crispy tasty.

Stuffed Portobello with spinach and red sauce.  Too much sauce and piled with tasteless Panko.  

Dessert:  Old menu Key lime pie (delicious) and I had the SF chocolate custard (wonderful). 

Disclaimer:  All subject to personal taste.  😉 

Thanks for your unbiased review.  Surprisingly, unless I missed it, you are the first to provide any feedback on the new menu.  Looking forward to further reviews and especially the lobster as to the size and quality.

Note:  IMO, your reviews should be as a topic.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, island lady said:

102 of us, badly mismanaged.  Met in theater.   Someone needs to teach Deep (DL concierge) how to do it better.  

Met at 9:00 am...finally marched off the ship, back on by 10 am.  

We've had worse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

Thanks for your unbiased review.  Surprisingly, unless I missed it, you are the first to provide any feedback on the new menu.  Looking forward to further reviews and especially the lobster as to the size and quality.

I think that is a great idea.  Thanks!  Assuming I don't bore fellow CC members to tears. 😳

But then again, that other thread about the menus that is running...is probably covering that.  I guess no need to add to the subject.  

Edited by island lady

11 hours ago, island lady said:

I think that is a great idea.  Thanks!  Assuming I don't bore fellow CC members to tears. 😳

But then again, that other thread about the menus that is running...is probably covering that.  I guess no need to add to the subject.  

12 hours ago, nelblu said:

I think a "Live From Jewel of the Seas with the "New" Menus would be  a great thread. If you could show pictures and name the dish that would also be very helpful. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Melissa at Mohair Meadows said:

I am on Odyssey next month.  Wondering if the order of the menus corresponds with the order they are shown on RCL blog.  Is French second night?  What night is Caribbean jerk?   I need to schedule some specialty dinners for the nights I don't care for.   

my app was just updated today I think, the order I have is welcome, Italian, French, Mexican, Carib, Royal, Bon Voyage/Med.  This is a 7 night Eastern Carib.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

New menus are on the app for our 8 Apr 12 night EN cruise.  Menus are repeated to fill the 12 nights.  I'm betting they will add a few more menus over time, so we shall see.   At least by the time we board, they'll have had a couple of months of feedback.  

• Like 1

Just now, jaredgold33 said:

On a 3 day Freedom shortly and the app keeps switching menus. Order was Welcome Aboard, Caribbean, Italian. Now it shows Welcome Aboard, Caribbean, French, and oddly enough Italian on the non-existent 4th night. 

RCCL Landside operations!  Nuff said!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1