Can't get response from Shareholder services (or whoever is in charge). HELP!!

Birdnutty

26 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

In the past (this past summer included) I also never had a problem. For my upcoming Prima cruise I am having issues getting it posted which is why I asked the Concierge when she contacted me. I’m curious to see if this is a new policy, due to lack of staff, or due to something else. I have over 100 shares so it’s not that. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Email:

C7A0C180-89A6-4E5C-98D8-CC90A3D74012.jpeg

It could be a new policy I guess but it's not been my experience in the past I just suspect she has got it wrong based on past experience.
I cant see any reason to delay the credit, it does not cost them anything until you board and delaying things just causes unnecessary confusion for the passenger if they are not informed.

11 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

It could be a new policy I guess but it's not been my experience in the past I just suspect she has got it wrong based on past experience.
I cant see any reason to delay the credit, it does not cost them anything until you board and delaying things just causes unnecessary confusion for the passenger if they are not informed.

Agreed! I have sent 2 emails so far. Let’s see what happens. 

• Like 1

On 1/5/2023 at 2:29 PM, Sim1979 said:

BTW, i must have been that "someone else" as the very last time we cruised they did not send me a reply by email BUT the 100$ credit magically appeared in my vacation summary page within hours:

image.png.fd451457b86ead10fcbdccae6012975c.png

My Vacation Summary doesn't show either the Payment Status line or the Onboard Credit line.  I booked for April 30,  2023, with a travel agent and have already paid in full.  I own 100 shares and submitted the form.  Is that to be expected or should I be contacting customer service?

1 hour ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

In September sent one in for our 1/2024 cruise and had it approved.

Had no issue either prior to late 2022 (had one sailing in October 2022 that i received within 1 day)... but it now seems to be longer than expected, i submitted the form last Tuesday (Jan 3rd) and still no comeback  😞

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

On the Prima? If so, that is our sailing too -  still no shareholder OBC posted in my account. 

No.  Escape.   But I doubt the data entrant cares what ship anyone is on.  I would guess they cross check the reservation number with other info and maybe their registry of shareholders.  Which, come to think of it, may be the issue in my case, if that only gets updated periodically, as I just bought shares 2 weeks ago.

I should add that I sent my form in by email.

6 minutes ago, zzdoug said:

No.  Escape.   But I doubt the data entrant cares what ship anyone is on.  I would guess they cross check the reservation number with other info and maybe their registry of shareholders.  Which, come to think of it, may be the issue in my case, if that only gets updated periodically, as I just bought shares 2 weeks ago.

If you sent in (emailed) a copy of your statement or proof that you own the stock it should not matter when you purchased the stock. I have had mine for a while, always email my request, and usually have the OBC uploaded quickly. I do not know what the issue is now.  Strange. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

If you sent in (emailed) a copy of your statement or proof that you own the stock it should not matter when you purchased the stock. I have had mine for a while, always email my request, and usually have the OBC uploaded quickly. I do not know what the issue is now.  Strange. 

I did receive an auto-reply email message with a case number.  If nothing develops in the next month or two, I'll check back with that case number to see what is going on.

• Like 1

I started submitting on Dec 20.  Have 4 different case numbers, tried calling the "shareholder" phone number, which just re-routes me to sales (no matter which set of prompts I use).  Emailed, but just received another case number.  Even resorted to the chat feature on NCL.com, they couldn't help either.  I'm almost to the 14 day window for sailing.

I'm going to re-submit with a new proof of ownership, since month-end has passed.  Wish me luck!

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, zzdoug said:

If you hold the shares in a brokerage, they actually have no "registry of shareholders" that would have your name.  It's all held in the name of the brokerage (thus why they ask for a statement/proof of ownership).

• Thanks 1

On my previous submissions, I was in a time when my scanner was on strike, so I (gasp! 🙀) sent it by surface mail (yes, I know it’s called snail mail, but as  USPS butters our bread I try and be polite).  Anyway, I have no idea if the paper vs cypher route makes a difference, but when I submitted my last batch, I did three cruises at once.  All as separate entities, stapled together but in a large envelope.   They all came through.

with labor issues being what they are lately, I don’t know if this is an issue of manpower shortage or cyber issues (heaven knows NCL has had a plethora of tech issues lately) but it would only cost you a buck or so to send it by USPS as well as email.

just a thought, I mean what could it hurt?  

Happy cruising’

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll go out on a speculative limb here.  NCL has 19 ships.  Let's assume (just for sake of discussion) that each sails four times a month with 2000 bookings (i.e. at 2 per booking, that would be 4000 passengers.  So, 152,000 bookings per month.  Let's assume that 1% of those are NCLH shareholders asking for OBC.  That's 1520 requests per month.  Let's further assume that most requests are automatic, and allow 15 minutes to load the OBC onto the reservation.  That's 380 hours per month, or about the suitable workload for 2 or 3 full time staff.  I don't think we're dealing with a large department here.  More like a couple people who may have a) Covid, b) lingering hangover from NYE, c) quit for a better job or d) got laid off as part of the 9%.  Sometimes the simplest explanation is most likely the correct explanation.  That said, I really don't know and am just guessing here.  Hopefully we'll all have our OBC magically appear soon! 😎

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I submitted my most recent successful request on Dec 5, and it took about ten days to process (showed up on reservation, never received any other type of notification).  I think that forum reports around that time indicated similar "delays" (i.e. not the historical one day turn around).  That suggests to me that they had a backlog that may have grown as people took time off for the holidays.  I'm not going to hold my breath, but I think this will eventually pass.  Not good for folks approaching that 15 day deadline.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I submitted my most recent successful request on Dec 5, and it took about ten days to process (showed up on reservation, never received any other type of notification).  I think that forum reports around that time indicated similar "delays" (i.e. not the historical one day turn around).  That suggests to me that they had a backlog that may have grown as people took time off for the holidays.  I'm not going to hold my breath, but I think this will eventually pass.  Not good for folks approaching that 15 day deadline.

I thought that NCL was similar to other cruise lines that don't want you to submit more than two weeks away, to prove you still have the stock (or at least had it close enough to sailing).  I thought I was pushing the envelope by starting to submit over a month in advance, allowing for the holidays.  If I'd known there might be a backlog or staffing issues, I would have started much earlier.  Live n learn

If I don't hear of something relatively soon, I will still try the USPS route, although by then I'll be outside the submission window.  And if it doesn't happen, well, that's life.  But there's always hope.  I'll still have a fabulous time, but on my own nickel, not theirs.  🙂

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Birdnutty said:

I thought that NCL was similar to other cruise lines that don't want you to submit more than two weeks away, to prove you still have the stock (or at least had it close enough to sailing).  I thought I was pushing the envelope by starting to submit over a month in advance, allowing for the holidays.  If I'd known there might be a backlog or staffing issues, I would have started much earlier.  Live n learn

If I don't hear of something relatively soon, I will still try the USPS route, although by then I'll be outside the submission window.  And if it doesn't happen, well, that's life.  But there's always hope.  I'll still have a fabulous time, but on my own nickel, not theirs.  🙂

The offer clearly states "To redeem this special offer, simply complete the attached Shareholder Benefit Request Form and mail or email (with accompanying documentation) request at least 15 days prior to sailing". If you submit two week away, they are not obligated to accept your request (and save them some money). 

https://d1io3yog0oux5.cloudfront.net/nclhltd/files/documents/623650_-_NCL_Shareholder_Benefit_Offer.pdf

Just now, BirdTravels said:

The offer clearly states "To redeem this special offer, simply complete the attached Shareholder Benefit Request Form and mail or email (with accompanying documentation) request at least 15 days prior to sailing". If you submit two week away, they are not obligated to accept your request (and save them some money). 

https://d1io3yog0oux5.cloudfront.net/nclhltd/files/documents/623650_-_NCL_Shareholder_Benefit_Offer.pdf

I think we all know that.  We'll be testing this very soon.  Do you really take this at face value, that if you submit 15 days prior to sail date that you'll get the OBC?

1 minute ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I think we all know that.  We'll be testing this very soon.  Do you really take this at face value, that if you submit 15 days prior to sail date that you'll get the OBC?

If you took the time to read the post I quoted, you would see that the poster thought that you had to wait until you were under 14 days to submit the form. My response was that if they did that, NCL was not obligated to provide the OBC. 

I submitted a request today, so I will see what the current turnaround time is.