May 7th Prima to Bermuda ? VA. 2023, VA Shore Excursions gone :{(

Beer Belly

3 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Same with our April 30, 2023 cruise. I’m thinking the stop in VA is out and we will head directly to Bermuda. More time in Bermuda? 

no extra time in Bermuda, the day will be a a day

the way the bermuda runs used to be back in the day was 2 sea days there and 1 sea day back to new york

these port calls to virginia was added in and and since they were introduced the ships have not be stopping here that much

9 minutes ago, shof515 said:

no extra time in Bermuda, the day will be a a day

the way the bermuda runs used to be back in the day was 2 sea days there and 1 sea day back to new york

these port calls to virginia was added in and and since they were introduced the ships have not be stopping here that much

Yeh that’s how it was when we did this cruise on The BA back in 2017. 

yes, there were excursion listed-looks like we will be skipping VA and having a sea day, similar to what is happening with the Joy. We just have not been notified yet (there is another thread regarding the Joy change)

• 3 weeks later...

The NCL website still shows Norfolk on the itinerary. I've been trying to talk my husband into booking that cruise. We've done the 2 days out/1 day back and this one appealed to us because of the stop in VA. He prefers the extra port instead of a sea day.

yes, the website still shows VA, but don't book it if you don't want 2 sea days:

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners,

On behalf of Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL), we thank you for your loyalty and for making us your vacation of choice.

We have important information regarding your upcoming sailing. We ask Travel Partners to share this information with impacted guests.

We are committed to delivering exceptional vacation experiences around the world. As such, we are excited to share that we have revised Norwegian Prima's sailings on April 30, 2023, and May 7, 2023, to now include an extended call to Royal Naval Dockyard, Bermuda. The revised itinerary is as follows:

Original
Day Destination Arrive Depart  
Sun NEW YORK CITY, NY   4:00 pm  
Mon VIRGINIA BEACH (NORFOLK) VIRGINIA 11:00 am 6:00 pm  
Tue AT SEA      
Wed OVERNIGHT IN ROYAL NAVAL DOCKYARD, BERMUDA 10:00 am    
Thu OVERNIGHT IN ROYAL NAVAL DOCKYARD, BERMUDA 11:59 pm    
Fri ROYAL NAVAL DOCKYARD, BERMUDA   3:00 pm  
Sat AT SEA      
Sun NEW YORK CITY, NY 7:00 am    
Revised
Day Destination Arrive Depart  
Sun NEW YORK CITY, NY   6:00 pm  
Mon AT SEA      
Tue AT SEA      
Wed OVERNIGHT IN ROYAL NAVAL DOCKYARD, BERMUDA 8:00 am    
Thu OVERNIGHT IN ROYAL NAVAL DOCKYARD, BERMUDA 11:59 pm    
Fri ROYAL NAVAL DOCKYARD, BERMUDA   3:00 pm  
Sat AT SEA      
Sun NEW YORK CITY, NY 7:00 am  

27 minutes ago, MaggieNY said:

The NCL website still shows Norfolk on the itinerary. I've been trying to talk my husband into booking that cruise. We've done the 2 days out/1 day back and this one appealed to us because of the stop in VA. He prefers the extra port instead of a sea day.

i am on the escape to bermuda, norfolk was removed from my sailing and it took about a day for the website to update

We’ll be on the Apr 30 sailing. I booked a couple of weeks ago and specifically chose that sailing because it was NOT going to VA. No offense to Virginia. It’s a beautiful state. But I’d much rather have the extra sea day.  Maybe it’s because I booked after the decision was made and it was no longer being advertised, but my itinerary has never shown VA like other are saying they see.