Is anyone else experiencing long delays in getting refunds from X?

natshala

2 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

You are a very patient person....18 months would be about 16 months longer than I would be able to wait.  How did you get through to them and did they offer an excuse or was it blame on X?

I bugged them multiple times. Awful customer service.  I do believe it was an error on the TAs side. Thankfully I had documentation.  They had to convince Celebrity to honor the refund despite their mistake 

14 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I bugged them multiple times. Awful customer service.  I do believe it was an error on the TAs side. Thankfully I had documentation.  They had to convince Celebrity to honor the refund despite their mistake 

So sorry you had to push....I know what it's like, but tenacity wins over when you're in the right.  As you know, it's very important to keep all the back up documents.  I keep spread sheets covering all our cruises so at least I can refer to the $$s, what they represent, when they're spent, and by what means. 

On 1/7/2023 at 2:17 PM, JHCruiser123 said:

I canceled a shore excursion a month ago now and am still waiting on the credit to my credit card and OBC.  I used both to cover the excursion.  I've been refunded neither.

I think I would call.  I have never had a refund for a cruise planner purchase take more than 10 days, the cruise was not cancelled.

We finally received our refund 3 months after our cruise when we were quarantined for 5 days on or Sept cruise . And are still waiting on a refund for our cruise deposit from our South America cruise that got canceled at the end of Nov.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still waiting for a deposit refund which was expected in Dec. '22 for a cruise cancelled in Nov. '22.  Celebrity Acctg. transcript sent to me shows it was disbursed 12/23/22 to my credit card.  Bank says definitely NOT in their system so contacted X again.  They insist they sent it.  Now I'm in limbo.  Bank asked me to register a dispute claim so their credit dept. can complete an investigation.  Has anyone any insight into how these 'disputes' work between X and a Bank?

I cancelled a cruise two weeks ago and had the credit by the following Friday. AAlso excursions refunded in same time.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

I cancelled a cruise on 12/28/22 and received the FCCs for the deposit on 1/20/23.

I rec'd one refunded NR deposit (FCC) manually from the exec. office after emailing and phone call...but the problem now is with another cancelled cruise refundable deposit (Visa) they said they sent but I haven't rec'd.  This is going to take a while between them and the bank and the registered dispute.  Just wondered if anyone had registered a bank Visa dispute and how it turned out for them.

Edited by Oceangoer2

I just called X asking for my refund, it's been 63 days since I cancelled. When I canceled I was mentioned 30 days. Now the Refunds and Payments department tells me that it can take up to 90 business days to be processed.

Is this a new policy?

2 hours ago, gerelmx said:

I just called X asking for my refund, it's been 63 days since I cancelled. When I canceled I was mentioned 30 days. Now the Refunds and Payments department tells me that it can take up to 90 business days to be processed.

Is this a new policy?

I hope not and if so, absolutely ridiculous.  Some getting refunds quickly and others not.    I've also been in touch as posted above;   they have documentation they sent my deposit 12/23.  My bank hasn't rec'd it so I had to put in a dispute claim for the bank to investigate.  I'm wondering if they're intentionally delaying payment to keep the $$s in THEIR kitty.   If you've booked with a TA Celebrity can't help you.  Also, a TA keeps the funds in their own drawer until final payment, so it's easier to issue a refund.  Not sure what to do about my refund if the bank isn't successful.  Hate to get a lawyer involved.

On 1/7/2023 at 12:27 PM, gerelmx said:

I canceled my cruise on November 28, until today I have not received the refund, 40 days have passed

We also had a cruise canceled on November 29 and are still waiting for the deposit back. we had a B2B in South America and they canceled one part of it so we canceled the other and they said they would give us the full deposit amount back and are still waiting!!!

It also took about three months to get our money back from the quarantine time that we had on our September cruise!! 

3 hours ago, gerelmx said:

Is this a new policy?

How did you get in touch directly with 'Refunds and Payments' dept?

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I hope not and if so, absolutely ridiculous.  Some getting refunds quickly and others not.    I've also been in touch as posted above;   they have documentation they sent my deposit 12/23.  My bank hasn't rec'd it so I had to put in a dispute claim for the bank to investigate.  I'm wondering if they're intentionally delaying payment to keep the $$s in THEIR kitty.   If you've booked with a TA Celebrity can't help you.  Also, a TA keeps the funds in their own drawer until final payment, so it's easier to issue a refund.  Not sure what to do about my refund if the bank isn't successful.  Hate to get a lawyer involved.

We had a cruise we cancelled and had a similar situation where X said they refunded the deposit and it was not showing on my Visa account.  X telling TA they had refunded it, me telling TA I didn't get it.  They provided the last 4 digit of the account that it was refunded to and it wasn't mine.  Then TA & X kept insisting that I must have had that account at some time.  When I went back through my credit card statements I discovered that the deposit was paid by the TA.( the 1 and only time in 10 years of using that TA that the deposit  was not charged directly to my credit card) and the deposit was paid to Celebrity the next day on a credit card of the TA's.   Once we figured that out the TA immediately refunded the money.  It was a very unusual situation and the one & only payment of mine that didn't go through my credit card.  It might be worth checking to see if the the payment that is due was paid by a credit card of the TA and therefore the refund went to their account and not yours.

For anyone waiting several weeks, you might go to the Elliott Advocacy Facebook Group.  Chris Elliott does a consumer column for the Washington Post and works to resolve consumer complaints through a non-profit.  He also publishes a newsletter. And he names names,  which causes corporations to be responsive to their aggrieved customers.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We had a cruise we cancelled and had a similar situation where X said they refunded the deposit and it was not showing on my Visa account.  X telling TA they had refunded it, me telling TA I didn't get it.  They provided the last 4 digit of the account that it was refunded to and it wasn't mine.  Then TA & X kept insisting that I must have had that account at some time.  When I went back through my credit card statements I discovered that the deposit was paid by the TA.( the 1 and only time in 10 years of using that TA that the deposit  was not charged directly to my credit card) and the deposit was paid to Celebrity the next day on a credit card of the TA's.   Once we figured that out the TA immediately refunded the money.  It was a very unusual situation and the one & only payment of mine that didn't go through my credit card.  It might be worth checking to see if the the payment that is due was paid by a credit card of the TA and therefore the refund went to their account and not yours.

I booked directly with X and the transit sheet copy they provided me had the correct last 4 digits of my Visa card.  The only thing I can think of now is I have an X account and DH does as well.  Last 4 digits on both our Visa cards are different.  I wonder if they could have applied the refund to my '4 digits' with his name and X account?  Even though we share accounts perhaps that could hold it up at the bank?  I'm out of ideas and wish that the Bank and X would come up with some.  My head hurts trying to figure this out...🤕

14 hours ago, gerelmx said:

Yes is the main X number for MX

image.thumb.png.8eafc248914e251bd05187be517d80c5.png

A different # shows on my home page X screen...maybe because it's in Canada.  I'm assuming you're in Mexico?  Just tried the number and it's not one I can use.  Tried our # and there's no 'payment and refund' option.  Thanks for trying to help.

Edited by Oceangoer2