Ports that require vaccinations

tigger54

My husband and I are taking a cruise on Nieuw Statendam next month. We will be stopping in Grand Turks for a day and I heard you had to be vaccinated in Grand Turks. Is this true? I looked on Hollands web site and did not see anything about requiring vaccinations for any Caribbean island. Can someone clarify this for me.

Thank you for any info. You can share with me.

You would think that Holland would post any ports that require vaccinations. How is the average person to know which ports require vaccination?
I don’t want to get to the port and find out I can’t take the cruise because I am not vaccinated. I know you don’t have to be vaccinated to cruise but how does it work if a port they stop at requires it. I don’t mind staying on the ship but just don’t want to be denied boarding.

Somewhere in "the fine print," it probably says that knowing the requirements of the countries you will be visiting is the passenger's responsibility. When lots of places had vaccination requirements, cruises required all passengers to be vaccinated, even those who didn't plan to get off in the ports in question. 

OP, have you checked HAL's website to look at their protocol page? That should tell you if your cruise requires vaccinations or tests. It\\Vax/test info may not appear on the cruise description or your itinerary.

10 minutes ago, tigger54 said:

You would think that Holland would post any ports that require vaccinations. How is the average person to know which ports require vaccination?
I don’t want to get to the port and find out I can’t take the cruise because I am not vaccinated. I know you don’t have to be vaccinated to cruise but how does it work if a port they stop at requires it. I don’t mind staying on the ship but just don’t want to be denied boarding.

You can still cruise just fine, with no hassles.  You're just not supposed to disembark at Grand Turk (if you're not vaccinated that is).  Some have said that they're not vaccinated and that they disembarked just fine, but several others have said that there was some place in the process where someone was checking papers.  So you just stay on the ship, enjoy easy access to the hot tubs, etc.  

If you dig into Hal's website, it has the protocols for all of this stuff.  But pretty much all cruises starting and ending in the US do not require vaccines or masks now (I type 'pretty much' b/c I'm not certain if it's 100% or not).

Edited by jimbob22

seems to us that HAL is some times behind the rimes when they are saying you need to be tested for over 14 night cruises   &  a booster if you were vaccinated past 6 months   .There is NO US Government nor CDC  mandates to that effect .HAL even wants this for their Hawaii cruises , I call it uninformed 

Just off this ship Dec. 27th - one of our ports was Grand Turk.  I didn't leave the ship at this port, but met a woman on the sun deck by the sea view pool who told me she received a note from Guest Services the day before telling her she was not able to leave the ship at Grand Turk because she was unvaccinated.  

Yes I did check the protocols but did not see anything on ports that does not allow unvaccinated to get off ship. I did just check google the ports in the Caribbean and it does look like Grand Turks is the only one that requires vaccination. Oh well, this is our first time on Holland so we will just stay on the ship and enjoy the pools and hot tubs. We have been to grand Turks a few times so we are fine with it.

Thank you all for your responses.

16 minutes ago, tigger54 said:

Yes I did check the protocols but did not see anything on ports that does not allow unvaccinated to get off ship. I did just check google the ports in the Caribbean and it does look like Grand Turks is the only one that requires vaccination. Oh well, this is our first time on Holland so we will just stay on the ship and enjoy the pools and hot tubs. We have been to grand Turks a few times so we are fine with it.

Thank you all for your responses.

It's a Carnival stop, so you won't miss much.

9 minutes ago, kelliebiz said:

How does one provide proof to Turks and Caicos that you are vaccinated? Do they leave it up to HAL to stop you from disembarking?

Your vaccination card.  Colombia requires vaccination as well.  

You are responsible for following the laws.  On a recent Princess cruise requirements were changed and posted about 2 weeks before our cruise.  Princess denied disembarking to those without proof uploaded to your account. 

2 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Your vaccination card.  Colombia requires vaccination as well.  

You are responsible for following the laws.  On a recent Princess cruise requirements were changed and posted about 2 weeks before our cruise.  Princess denied disembarking to those without proof uploaded to your account. 

Thanks! I’ll put the physical card on my packing list; we’ve been using e-versions forever. We’ll be there in early March