Luminae Question

Swordfish1949

18 minutes ago, Swordfish1949 said:

We are in a Celebrity Suite traveling with friends who are in Aqua class. Can we invite them to dine with us in Luminae even if at added cost?

Sorry if this is a dup - couldn't find answer in search.

Thanks

You have to pre-arrange with the Maitre D’ in Luminae who has the final say. 

If approved, the fee for their dining with you will be charged to your account.  There are different prices depending on which meal (breakfast, lunch, or dinner). 

• Like 1

It would be a better option to join them in Blu and apply the saved money for a specialty restaurant.  

Recently sailing in a suite there were many times we ordered from the MDR menu or Blu.    Many of the entrees in Luminae aren’t that appealing.   You should all check the menu first to see if it appeals to everyone before committing to it.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 4

3 hours ago, miched said:

It would be a better option to join them in Blu and apply the saved money for a specialty restaurant.  

Recently sailing in a suite there were many times we ordered from the MDR menu or Blu.    Many of the entrees in Luminae aren’t that appealing.   You should all check the menu first to see if it appeals to everyone before committing to it.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I thought you had to be Aqua to get in Blu.  Is there an exception for suite guests?  While in Blu on our last cruise, I overheard a man asking if he could pay to have their friends join them in there and they said, no it's only for Aqua Class guests.

Also, either they increased the cover for dinner, or are starting to add gratuity. It had been $30pp for dinner since Luminae began. On our November cruise, I was charged $35pp.

We had tons of  nonrefundable OBC so I didn’t ask why the extra. 

48 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

I thought you had to be Aqua to get in Blu.  Is there an exception for suite guests?  While in Blu on our last cruise, I overheard a man asking if he could pay to have their friends join them in there and they said, no it's only for Aqua Class guests.

Suite guests are permitted to dine in Blu on a space available basis and there is no fee for doing so.   We are late diners and never had a problem as Blu is usually at least 1/2 empty when we arrive.    You are correct they do not allow  passengers in other classes than Suites to dine in Blu.

Similar for you in Blu you can eat in the MDR on a space available basis.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, miched said:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Agree... we were quite disappointed in Luminae compared to BLU..

Another option..splurge to join  your friends at a Specilty Restaurant.