Has anyone sailed on Celebrity Millennium recently?

jbinpa

1 hour ago, TopoChico said:

I am not new to Celebrity, nor am I extremely picky, butb this was a shockingly bad experience compared to our others which were always stellar. 

Thanks for the explanation.  I have not come across anything similar but I have had some good meals at Applebee's.  

• Like 3

On 1/12/2023 at 8:44 AM, NutsAboutGolf said:

She’s a great ship that has been revolutionized.  M-Class ships have the indoor whirlpool which is available to anyone.  Only M-Class downside is in AQ, not a enough seating in Blu during peak times and the spa thermal lounger is one giant bench.

Food is very subjective, while the MDR/Buffet will be a little bit better than carnival (carnival beats them at desserts), guys burgers blows away celebrity’s mast grill/buffet burgers

Love Guy's Burgers. Best thing/only good thing about Carnival! I've actually seen some reviewers bash Guy's. I'm like, have you HAD Guy's Burgers?! lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/14/2023 at 8:51 AM, Schmoe38 said:

Good Morning John

Not sure if you recall…we sailed on Silhouette together in March of 2022. As you are set to sail in a Sky Suite, I can give you a little perspective of the Retreat experience.

Randy, 

Yes, I do remember you from our Silhouette sailing.  Great to hear from you again.  I apologize for the late response.  I do not know why but just noticed that I never responded to your post. 

We sailed on Millennium in May 2022 and are sailing on her again in March 2023. The Retreat Lounge is an open concept and wonderful. We sincerely hope to see some familiar staff faces this year, as they were all fantastic. Genalyn was our favourite server in the Retreat Lounge. We saw a recent YouTube video of the Millennium Retreat and Genalyn was on board. Hope she is still there when we board.  It was quiet in there most times, but really nice. The Retreat was often quiet, but a nice place to go to relax, and have a different experience for lunch. Specialty dining is a little limited, but frankly, since we enjoyed Luminae so much, other alternatives were not as important.

I do hope you write about your experiences on Millie in March.  I look forward to reading them 

I appreciate the comments about Millie and we are looking forward to our experience.  This will be our first M-Class cruise and we are looking forward to a comfortable and relaxing experience.  

Our previous experiences on Celebrity have all been wonderful.  The worse that we have encountered was being in a Sky Suite under the OVC and hearing the service carts early in the morning when they were stetting up for breakfast.  It did not spoil the cruise but it did take a little of the pleasure out of it.  We've learned not to book those rooms if at all possible 

We hope you have a wonder cruise in March and enjoy your time aboard Millie.

We have sailed on the Millie (and her sister the Summit) a few times, both before and after the upgrades, and LOVE how they improved her!  She's quite tastefully decorated, both in public spaces and in the rooms, and the storage (at least in balcony rooms, as we have not cruised in a suite, preferring the Sunset Verandah cabins) is plentiful and well laid out for our needs.

We'll be back on board her again in just 2 weeks, staying for a 3 week B3B to escape from our Canadian winter weather.  This will be our first X cruise since last fall when we cruised on the Eclipse out of Vancouver to Hawaii, so we have not yet experienced the negative changes that have been reported on over the last couple of weeks. We're pretty easy-going, and I expect that we'll still have a wonderful experience overall... In my mind, no so such thing as a "bad" cruise, and we're confident the positives will far outweigh any negatives. 🙂 

I will likely do a "Live From" in order to answer any questions about the new changes to the Celebrity cruise experience, as well as any queries specific to the Millennium.

Celine

• Like 2

15 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Thanks for the explanation.  I have not come across anything similar but I have had some good meals at Applebee's.  

I guess I am easy to please when it comes to food. I like Applebees, Chilis, Outback, Olive Garden and Red Lobster. I rarely get to go out to dinner so most places are a treat to me.

Laur

• Like 1

Guest TopoChico
6 hours ago, Laurab23 said:

I guess I am easy to please when it comes to food. I like Applebees, Chilis, Outback, Olive Garden and Red Lobster. I rarely get to go out to dinner so most places are a treat to me.

Laur

That’s great.  But Celebrity isn’t charging Applebee’s prices.  

Guest TopoChico
21 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Me too.  Anxious to see your food experiences in 2023 after the well-documented cutbacks. 👍

We sailed on the Millie to Alaska last August and would hesitate to recommend it because of the food service. Breakfast and lunch food choices in the OVC were very limited. MDR in the evening was always a wait, 45 minutes was the norm regardless of when we got there. Buzzers like from Applebees we’re handed out, and typically malfunctioned.

We were unable to make reservations a day or two  in advance as we had in the past. 
The ship itself is lovely. We had a wonderful time with all of the stops. But it definitely was not up to Celebrity standards.

18 hours ago, TopoChico said:

That’s great.  But Celebrity isn’t charging Applebee’s prices.  

Celebrity is charging less don’t you think? In some cases an inside cabin with all food included has been going for $250 or $350 pp. Three meals a day at Applebee’s for a week would set you back a lot more I think and they don’t come in and make your bed in the booth. I think we have to temper our expectations a bit while the industry is still depressed. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest TopoChico
On 1/29/2023 at 6:03 PM, sbcs5390 said:

Celebrity is charging less don’t you think? In some cases an inside cabin with all food included has been going for $250 or $350 pp. Three meals a day at Applebee’s for a week would set you back a lot more I think and they don’t come in and make your bed in the booth. I think we have to temper our expectations a bit while the industry is still depressed. 

Feel free to temper your expectations.  I have different views on that for a liner that touts excellence.  I’m not cruising to help a depressed industry. There are other options.  I’m not spending my vacation dollars as charity.  
I expect a certain quality and we did not receive it.  

Enjoy your experience!  

Edited by TopoChico

We had a wonderful two weeks on Millennium in the Caribbean last 
February and I would endorse all the good things which have already

been posted. We also experienced the revolutionised Millie pre Covid

around Japan. They were two of our best ever cruises.

• Like 2

Guest TopoChico
17 hours ago, montythecat said:

We had a wonderful two weeks on Millennium in the Caribbean last 
February and I would endorse all the good things which have already

been posted. We also experienced the revolutionised Millie pre Covid

around Japan. They were two of our best ever cruises.

Things have changed since last February. 

Guest TopoChico
On 2/2/2023 at 3:43 AM, montythecat said:

Maybe. That happens. Perhaps you would like to be more specific.

I’m not wasting any more of my time being more specific here.  

It is well-documented on this forum by myself and others in multiple posts. 

1 hour ago, TopoChico said:

I’m not wasting any more of my time being more specific here.  

It is well-documented on this forum by myself and others in multiple posts. 

Yes, and not everyone of those post by yourself and others are in agreement.  I have seen positive and seen negative post.  One reports this is no longer there, someone else says yes it is there. 

Specifics regarding the Millennium would be appreciated.  Generalities and comments without specifics are not helpful.  

So, in your observations, specific to Millennium  what has changed between your most recent sailing and your previous sailing before this last one. 

Hi All,

Since the Covid restart, we have sailed on the Milli twice and just got off a 23 day sailing on Infinity. 

Milli really looks great. Cabins new look are so nice. 

We ordered food from MDR, Blue and Luminea   All was good. ( on Milli and Infinity ). 

The food top side was not as great i think since the ships were less than half full.  Less verity 

Pizza was bad. However, simply ask them to make you a whole new pizza with the fixin you want and what a difference. 

Also the officers are just all over each ship talking with all passengers. 

Lots of changes yes but it’s still our choice to cruise. 

Have fun

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hello Cruisers!

The Mrs and me, not being big drinkers are a real disppointment to our beloved Australia We find the beverage package over priced. I do admit the specialty coffees and soft drink do come in  handy but package is still not really economical. Can I please ask those of you who have recently sailed on the Millie, what price a reasonable bottle of wine and a cafe latte, a Corona and a can of dry ginger?
To educate you lot, I'm going to sign off with a phrase seldom heard in Aus these days but a very popular way of saying thanks by veterans of WW1:
Thank you mother for the rabbits!

Hershy

Guest TopoChico
On 2/3/2023 at 9:17 AM, DaKahuna said:

Yes, and not everyone of those post by yourself and others are in agreement.  I have seen positive and seen negative post.  One reports this is no longer there, someone else says yes it is there. 

Specifics regarding the Millennium would be appreciated.  Generalities and comments without specifics are not helpful.  

So, in your observations, specific to Millennium  what has changed between your most recent sailing and your previous sailing before this last one. 

I have literally posted at least 10 times with very specific details.. I don’t know if you can look at my post history but they’re there.  I’m not rehashing it. I don’t want to sound rude but I’ve moved on already, and that cruise was a disappointment in the past.  I have other vacations to look forward to at this point.  
Have a great cruise wherever and whenever you go. 

Edited by TopoChico

Good Morning John

Not sure if you recall…we sailed on Silhouette together in March of 2022. As you are set to sail in a Sky Suite, I can give you a little perspective of the Retreat experience.

We sailed on Millennium in May 2022 and are sailing on her again in March 2023. The Retreat Lounge is an open concept and wonderful. We sincerely hope to see some familiar staff faces this year, as they were all fantastic. Genalyn was our favourite server in the Retreat Lounge. We saw a recent YouTube video of the Millennium Retreat and Genalyn was on board. Hope she is still there when we board.  It was quiet in there most times, but really nice. The Retreat was often quiet, but a nice place to go to relax, and have a different experience for lunch. Specialty dining is a little limited, but frankly, since we enjoyed Luminae so much, other alternatives were not as important.

Take a stroll by the Sunset Bar. If Pande is on board, and serving…take a seat and stay for a while. He will have your drink of choice under control after 1 day. Zacapa was nowhere to be found, so fingers crossed for March. If it’s not available, Brugal 1888 may be an option if it’s on board.

The recommendation of making friends with the Cellar Master is a great one. When we sailed on Summit in October 2022, our sommelier was a nice guy, but did not stray too far from the “old reliables” on the premium beverage package. We like to see what other alternatives are available.

The Cellar Master visited Luminae one night to say hello to the guests, and she saved the day. She brought wines (by the glass) that were of similar price without restrictions of us having to buy a bottle. That was impressive!

After our sailing in mid March, we will be able to give you a better idea as to who’s currently on board and who might still be on board when you sail in April.

If you look hard enough, you will always find something that doesn’t sit right. We really liked the upgrades and the overall feel of the ship. Luminae is a little smaller on Millennium than on Silhouette. There were times at dinner when the room was full, but we never had to wait when we arrived around 6:15pm-6:30pm each night.

We’re really looking forward to our next Millennium adventure.

Randy

We were on Millennium May 2022 for Pacific Coastal. We were extremely disappointed with premium wine selection and addressed second day. They listened and addressed with bottles of wine for dinner for our group of 10. Didn’t help for wine at bars but clearly there were supply chain issues. We had a chuckle when Kirkland wine appeared at our table night of Astoria. Clearly someone made a trip to Costco. We are sailing Millennium March this year out of San Juan and hope all that will be better. Will make a stop at Cellar Masters for some craft cocktails. 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Hershy said:

Hello Cruisers!

The Mrs and me, not being big drinkers are a real disppointment to our beloved Australia We find the beverage package over priced. I do admit the specialty coffees and soft drink do come in  handy but package is still not really economical. Can I please ask those of you who have recently sailed on the Millie, what price a reasonable bottle of wine and a cafe latte, a Corona and a can of dry ginger?
To educate you lot, I'm going to sign off with a phrase seldom heard in Aus these days but a very popular way of saying thanks by veterans of WW1:
Thank you mother for the rabbits!

Hershy

that's an interested saying about the rabbits. What does it mean? I'm always curious about regional sayings. 

On 2/3/2023 at 6:17 AM, DaKahuna said:

We will be on Milli in 6 days for 14 days.

I will report after we get home on anything I feel worth a comment.

I'm not a suite guest and not very picky  so it will not be an in-depth report.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Princess Fi said:

We were on Millennium May 2022 for Pacific Coastal. We were extremely disappointed with premium wine selection and addressed second day. They listened and addressed with bottles of wine for dinner for our group of 10. Didn’t help for wine at bars but clearly there were supply chain issues. We had a chuckle when Kirkland wine appeared at our table night of Astoria. Clearly someone made a trip to Costco. We are sailing Millennium March this year out of San Juan and hope all that will be better. Will make a stop at Cellar Masters for some craft cocktails. 

We’re on Millennium in March as well. We’re on March 11th. Are we on the same sailing?

Randy

We were on the Millie in August to Alaska.  Food in MDR was decent.  We thought the OV cafe for breakfast was really good.  Their morning baked goods and rolls were excellent. If you see Pistachio donuts on the menu (I think that was the name) in the Tuscan Grill order them.

13 hours ago, njsmom said:

that's an interested saying about the rabbits. What does it mean? I'm always curious about regional sayings. 

Hi NJSMOM ( surely you must have an identity other than being NJS' mother 🙂 )

In British and Irish English, the jocular phrase thank your mother for the rabbit(s) has been used:
– as an ironic expression of gratitude;
– as a goodbye

The Aussie and Kiwi soldiers who served in the Great War for Queen and country picked up this phrase from the Pommies and made use of it back home. After the war there was quite a bit of poverty and rabbits were cheap tucker for many. The vets would go bush and shoot lots of the rabbis and give or sell them to whoever wanted rabbits for dinner. When I was about 60 years younger I often went spotlighting for rabbits.
Them were good tucker!
BTW<I'm not a dinky die Aussie. I was born in Transylvania, Romania
Dracula was my 5th cousin.

ScanImage04.jpg

• Thanks 1