Medical Records Requests

tipofthehook

I’m not sure if this is a double post but I hope the information may help anyone who was not aware that, post voyage, you can request a copy of your medical records and billing from Princess through its parent company Carnival.

I phoned Princess who emailed me an Authorization Form and provided the email address to send it to. I’ve just sent it in and I’m cautiously optimistic that the reply with the information comes quickly. LOL

You have to fill out and sign the Authorization Form and then you email it to: 

mrecordsrequests@carnival.com Health Services Department 24305 Town Center Drive Santa Clarita, CA 91355
Tel: +1-661-753-2680
Email: MRecordsRequests@carnival.com
AUTHORIZATION FOR USE AND/OR DISCLOSURE OF PATIENT HEALTH INFORMATION
I, ___________________________________________, authorize Princess Cruises to send a copy of requested health information to the following address (please complete email OR mailing address):
Release Patient Health Information To:
Email Address: _________________________________________________________________________ Name/Company: ________________________________________________________________________ Street Address: _________________________________________________________________________ City, State, Postal Code, Country: __________________________________________________________
Guest Information:
Guest Name (last, first, middle):_________________________________________ Date of Birth (MM/DD/YYYY): ____________ Booking Number: ______________ Ship Name: ______________Stateroom Number:__________
Cruise Start Date (MMM/DD/YYYY): _______________
DURATION: This authorization shall become effective immediately and shall remain in effect for one year from the date of signature unless a different date is specified here.
REVOCATION: This authorization is also subject to written revocation by the patient at any time. The written revocation will be effective upon receipt, except to the extent that the disclosing party or others have acted in reliance upon this authorization.
REDISCLOSURE: I understand that the recipient may not lawfully further use or disclose the health information unless another authorization is obtained from me or unless such use or disclosure is specifically required or permitted by law.
REQUESTED RECORDS:
Medical Record: Copies of medical records or clinical information, such as lab tests and x-ray reports
Medical Invoice: Copies of medical account statements
Confinement Letter: Letters confirming time in isolation/quarantine
                 Authorization Signature
Signature: ___________________________________________________________________ Relationship to patient if not the patient: __________________________________________ Date (MMM/DD/YYYY): ______________ Phone Number: ____________________

• 1 year later...

In March 2023 we were on Carnival when my 59 year old daughter became very dehydrated.  That led to an IV, etc. in the ship's *hospital*.

She submitted the medical records to Blue Cross Blue Shield in May and FINALLY got an answer from them.  They said they cannot process her claim without the claim codes on the bill.  Why in the world do they not put the codes on the receipt?  I am about to be out the $661 if I can't get Carnival to respond and I cannot find a working phone number to get help with this.

Why did I pay for their insurance if I can't even get help when I need it?  Let this be a lesson...demand your bills have the codes on them.

Edited by MarilynZ
Inadvertently saved before I was finished/

1 hour ago, MarilynZ said:

In March 2023 we were on Carnival when my 59 year old daughter became very dehydrated.  That led to an IV, etc. in the ship's *hospital*.

She submitted the medical records to Blue Cross Blue Shield in May and FINALLY got an answer from them.  They said they cannot process her claim without the claim codes on the bill.  Why in the world do they not put the codes on the receipt?  I am about to be out the $661 if I can't get Carnival to respond and I cannot find a working phone number to get help with this.

Why did I pay for their insurance if I can't even get help when I need it?  Let this be a lesson...demand your bills have the codes on them.

I have this:

Medical records request:

mrecordsrequest@carnival.com

and

Medical team:
guestmedical@hagroup.com

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 2

Welcome to cruise critic.  Sorry to hear about your daughter having a medical problem on a Carnival ship.  Have you tried reaching out on the Carnival boards?  Perhaps a fellow cruiser has some experience with this very issue and could offer you some assistance.  It has been 11 months since you reported this to the insurance company with no luck.  I wish you good luck.

Thank you for posting this information @tipofthehook I have not viewed this thread before. But...through other helpful posters, after many, many, many cruises, I did have to visit the Medical Center.  I was advised ahead of my travels (in the back of my mind) that I should not leave the ship without my Medical History.  So much easier to deal with it while on board.

On the other hand, dealing with Medicare and my other insurance for years (I'm old), I do know that nothing will be processed without medical codes.  

6 hours ago, MarilynZ said:

40 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

The one time we had to use medical services onboard, we got the complete records within two days (while still onboard) without us needing to do anything.

This! My regular heath insurance coverage extends outside the US, so if I have to go to the medical center I get a copy of my paperwork, including diagnosis and procedure codes, while I'm still onboard so I have everything I need to file a claim when I get home.