Reporting from on the Rotterdam January 14 through February 25

iflyrc5

1 hour ago, iflyrc5 said:

It was the lido pool so fine with kids.

So happy to hear the kids were in the Lido pool.  

I look forward to watching the Super Bowl by the Lido pool.

Thanks for taking the time to create and respond on this thread.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 0106 said:

So happy to hear the kids were in the Lido pool.  

I look forward to watching the Super Bowl by the Lido pool.

Thanks for taking the time to create and respond on this thread.

Ditto, even though my team just played horrible and are out.  Hopefully I can cheer for KC.

4 hours ago, iflyrc5 said:

Several of the cabins down the hall seem to get room service for every meal - see photo

My huge pet peeve!!  It's a safety hazard to leave their trash/dishes in the hallway!!!  Just hope that if you need the medical team to come to you with a stretcher that they can get through without tripping!!

It floors me that the ship staff allow this.  

~Nancy

• Like 4

5 hours ago, oakridger said:

My huge pet peeve!!  It's a safety hazard to leave their trash/dishes in the hallway!!!  Just hope that if you need the medical team to come to you with a stretcher that they can get through without tripping!!

It floors me that the ship staff allow this.  

~Nancy

I'm thinking that those are "quarantine" cabins and those passengers are instructed to leave their trays outside their cabins.  Just a thought.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, baggal said:

I'm thinking that those are "quarantine" cabins and those passengers are instructed to leave their trays outside their cabins. 

That would be an awful lot of quarantine cabins!

I thought quarantine cabins had some type of marking so people didn’t inadvertently enter.@iflyrc5 what do you think?  Quarantine cabins or people who aren’t concerned about blocking the hallways for wheelchairs or lack of staff or????

• Like 1

7 hours ago, baggal said:

I'm thinking that those are "quarantine" cabins and those passengers are instructed to leave their trays outside their cabins.  Just a thought.

4 hours ago, barbon2 said:

My thought too.  

Four cabins in a row? All under quarantine, but no others in the neighborhood?
Possible, but unlikely. 

20 minutes ago, RuthC said:

Four cabins in a row? All under quarantine, but no others in the neighborhood?
Possible, but unlikely. 

Unless they are sick and are doing back to back and are staying in their cabins a couple of day.  Who knows?

28 minutes ago, barbon2 said:

Unless they are sick and are doing back to back and are staying in their cabins a couple of day.  Who knows?

Four consecutive cabins? All sick at the same time? All doing back to back? Highly unlikely. 

OK - I found out more about what is going on with the dishes on the floor.  We are on the main deck aft and the photo is of the 5 cabins aft of ours.  In talking to our room steward he said these are set aside for new crew members that are joining the ship.  They stay in quarantine for a short period of time when joining the ship before joining the rest of the crew members in the crew quarters. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 6

8 hours ago, baggal said:

I thought about that too, but you know what?  It doesn't matter if you have Covid, syphilis or an ingrown toenail, it's still a safety hazard!!!  I spent my career working in safety sensitive areas (chemistry labs, refineries with hazardous and deadly chemicals) and clear egress pathways are major safety policies for many places.  Think about theaters, sports arenas and ship hallways!!

I know that some people have been instructed by the ships own staff to leave room service trays there but it's probably against the ship's own safety manual to do so.  HAL used to put cards on all room service trays to specifically call them for pick up and DO NOT put them in the hall.  They didn't do that on my trays post shutdown.  

Can one of our great Maritime experts on CC offer the companies' policy regarding clear egress??

@Copper10-8 or @chengkp75 or @Heidi13

Thanks for letting me share my obviously strong feelings on this!!!

~Nancy

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, iflyrc5 said:

OK - I found out more about what is going on with the dishes on the floor.  We are on the main deck aft and the photo is of the 5 cabins aft of ours.  In talking to our room steward he said these are set aside for new crew members that are joining the ship.  They stay in quarantine for a short period of time when joining the ship before joining the rest of the crew members in the crew quarters. 

Thanks.  In any case trays in the hallways don’t seem to be an issue for HAL.  If they perceived a safety issue, they would have a way the trays could be removed quickly.