Awful State of Ocean View Cafe for dinner

Arubamoose

42 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

I have yet to see a post that says that the OVC is the best ever after the cuts.

Nor are you going to see one as you full well know. Think everybody here (or at least hope) wants to see factual reports that it’s returning to normal.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, C4HCG said:

Nor are you going to see one as you full well know. Think everybody here (or at least hope) wants to see factual reports that it’s returning to normal.

You probably will see someone that says how they love the tilapia, turkey, sirloin, and chicken nuggets, and soggy pizza. 🙂

Cheerleaders gotta cheer.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, C4HCG said:

I can see why you want to keep this thread going, you enjoy arguing with those who post an alternate view to you 😂and it just goes on and on and on………

You’re so funny.  Yes, I love to argue about potentially losing my hard earned money.  The reason for this thread is to gather information about what’s happening to the quality and quantity of the food onboard X so we can all make informed decisions.  Your view is your opinion. Show us the facts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

But here's the rub, from what I'm seeing, many folks are saying they are having a wonderful experience, both from currently live posts and recently completed, all after jan. 1  I'm not suggesting everything is roses and daffodils, I'm just suggesting that from what I have been reading, the ship is not sinking. 

I don't have any issue with this.. except that you weren't suggesting, you flat out called sailings after Jan 1 "arbitrary rule" established by CC posters. That's a falsehood.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, yknot13 said:

Royal looks superior to X on their main dining room options

Back to Royal we go

Good luck because apparently the Park Cafe on one of their luxurious amusement parks ships is no longer offering potato chips and they got a nice long thread on their boards about the travesty.

• Haha 2

Just now, LGW59 said:

Good luck because apparently the Park Cafe on one of their luxurious amusement parks ships is no longer offering potato chips and they got a nice long thread on their boards about the travesty.

Guess we are all doomed, folks probably taking them and filling an empty suitcase to take home LOL

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

The cuts on the other lines are insignificant.  The ones on X are major.  X went from hero to zero overnight in the food category.

I have compared MDR menus across the lines.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 9

11 minutes ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

You’re so funny.  Yes, I love to argue about potentially losing my hard earned money.  The reason for this thread is to gather information about what’s happening to the quality and quantity of the food onboard X so we can all make informed decisions.  Your view is your opinion. Show us the facts.

I don’t have an opinion as I have not been on a ship so possess no facts. All I know is the contradictory posts here so I said earlier, I will make my mind up about the OVC in September 

5 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

The cuts on the other lines are insignificant.  The ones on X are major.  X went from hero to zero overnight in the food category.

So you have first hand experience of the cuts on all lines?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, C4HCG said:

So you have first hand experience of the cuts on all lines?

I have seen the current menus for HAL, Princes, Royal and X.  I have previously tried all of these lines.

All of these lines currently beat X on their MDR menu selection by a long shot.  I used to prefer the X menus before the cuts.  The X menus are SERIOUSLY lacking in quality cuts of beef and fish and variety.

If X had a restaurant in town, I would not go.

When deciding if I will go to a restaurant I first go to the menu.  I do not try restaurants that have below par menus.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 6

Just now, NMTraveller said:

I have seen the current menus for HAL, Princes, Royal and X.  I have previously tried all of these lines.

All of these lines currently beat X on their MDR menu selection by a long shot.

Good stuff. I’m retiring from this thread, getting tedious. Off to eat some tilapia, turkey, sirloin, and chicken nuggets, and soggy pizza. My favourites.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, C4HCG said:

Good stuff. I’m retiring from this thread, getting tedious. Off to eat some tilapia, turkey, sirloin, and chicken nuggets, and soggy pizza. My favourites.

good luck trying to find a bag of chips to go with that turkey sandwich

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

We like (no experience yet) the new RC menus. We'd like the menus even better if they still offered the classics section. Charging extra for additional entrees or an extra lobster tail is a no biggie for us. One lobster tail each has always been enough for us. The only time we would order an additional entree was a steak to split to go with our lobster tail. Both on RC and Celebrity. We'll survive. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We like (no experience yet) the new RC menus. We'd like the menus even better if they still offered the classics section. Charging extra for additional entrees or an extra lobster tail is a no biggie for us. One lobster tail each has always been enough for us. The only time we would order an additional entree was a steak to split to go with our lobster tail. Both on RC and Celebrity. We'll survive. 

When I looked Princess had menus that looked similar to what X used to have.

For additional entrees I never ordered a 2nd.

However with the new X menu I probably will have to.  Scallops and pork bellies.  I will order 2 and send back the pork bellies.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We'll survive. 

There you go. The power of positive thinking! 😂 Maybe they should run that one up the flagpole at the next X marketing meeting.

Celebrity Cruises. You'll Survive℠

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

This thread is "way over the top "--- absolutely gone " crazy "!!

( Please , I get it, you don't have to tell me " So, stop reading , etc "-- )

Is ANYONE " really "going to cancel or stop cruising with any specific Cruise line because of the friggin food in the Buffet ? 

( Getting " taken to the cleaners " in the Spa for $347 (US) is another thing )!!

Here's what Pinboy would say if he were working in GR and someone complained about the selection or food quality in the Buffet:

" Sorry 'bout that--- I'll mention it to the F&B Manager--- No, he/she is not available at the moment ( they are always in a meeting)---No, I am not able to provide a complimentary dinner in Murano and refund $1000 due to your disappointment---- Yes, I agree that they used to have etc, etc and you were looking forward to it------ But , Did you book this F'KEN cruise because of THAT "??

The next day--- Pinboy would be on a flight back to Canada.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RichYak said:

There you go. The power of positive thinking! 😂 Maybe they should run that one up the flagpole at the next X marketing meeting.

Celebrity Cruises. You'll Survive℠

Man, I hate disco. What was I thinking.

Rose colored glass 😍 and our glasses full 🍷.  Only, if it will get us a steak to go with our lobster tail they can use it. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

This thread is "way over the top "--- absolutely gone " crazy "!!

( Please , I get it, you don't have to tell me " So, stop reading , etc "-- )

Is ANYONE " really "going to cancel or stop cruising with any specific Cruise line because of the friggin food in the Buffet ? 

( Getting " taken to the cleaners " in the Spa for $347 (US) is another thing )!!

Here's what Pinboy would say if he were working in GR and someone complained about the selection or food quality in the Buffet:

" Sorry 'bout that--- I'll mention it to the F&B Manager--- No, he/she is not available at the moment ( they are always in a meeting)---No, I am not able to provide a complimentary dinner in Murano and refund $1000 due to your disappointment---- Yes, I agree that they used to have etc, etc and you were looking forward to it------ But , Did you book this F'KEN cruise because of THAT "??

The next day--- Pinboy would be on a flight back to Canada.

What department is GR? 

12 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

When I looked Princess had menus that looked similar to what X used to have.

For additional entrees I never ordered a 2nd.

However with the new X menu I probably will have to.  Scallops and pork bellies.  I will order 2 and send back the pork bellies.

We've got a March 2024 Princess cruised booked on the Enchanted. Last Princess cruise we took was on the Grand (just before Princess removed the shopping cart handle) in 2010. I'm sure we'll see some changes. We booked with the Princess Plus option. We booked the cruise on 8 December before the package price increase. 

• Like 1