Viva Haven booked do we need Vibe too?

disneydave

56 minutes ago, disneydave said:

We are booked in a 2br Haven stateroom on the Vibe and dragging along the 18 and 20 year old daughters.  Why should we or shouldn't get Vibe passes in addition being able to use Haven?

People "think" that they "need" a Vibe pass because "everyone" gets one. On some of the BA ships, there are 80 passes for 4200 passengers. That's 2% of the passengers that have a Vibe pass. And most go there for an hour a day.... 

You paid big bucks for the Haven. Enjoy the Haven,,, it s far nicer than the Vibe. 

• Like 1

We sailed on Prima in November, originally booking a balcony cabin and purchasing Vibe passes. When we decided to upgrade to the Haven, we opted to keep the Vibe passes. Very glad we did. The outdoor bar in the Haven is small, subdued, and dark. The bar in Vibe is larger and definitely livelier. The hot tubs there are larger as well. We bounced back and forth between the two spaces each day, thoroughly enjoying each.

This might not matter to some or many, but we found having access to each a bonus.

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

I would think that the Vibe wouldn't be necessary.

Here's a thread that discusses the Vibe as a Haven substitute.

Perhaps you'll find it helpful:

@RocketMan275 Thank you for calling out my Haven Lite Strategy.  To the author of this posting, @disneydave Glad you are taking some young adults to the Haven. I love the Haven and the Vibe.  I have done the Haven most of my NCL cruises on the larger ships.  When not in the Haven, I won't even go on the ship without the Vibe.  The question on the floor is should someone do the Vibe if they are also doing the Haven.  

The second consideration is if a actual bar is important to you vs. bar service in the sundeck.  If you want a bar, the Vibe has a fantastic one.  If drinking while sunning is not your thing, then the Vibe seems to be a waste of money. 

If you read this NCL blog, many say that because of NCL bidding process, the Haven is Always sold out.  This means, the Haven Bar is always crowded and the Haven Sundeck is crowded as well.  There is always a chair to be had but the chair is often not in a premier location.  Take that also into consideration.  

Here is my position.  If money was no options, I would get the Vibe and the Haven.  I like the Vibe sundeck better than the Haven Sundeck and have gotten better service in the Vibe, PERIOD.  However if money is an issue, the Vibe is very nice but not worth the investment if you have access to the Haven Sundeck with a hot tub (water feature).  

Your decision seems to be a hard one.  If you really think about it, it is just a budget question and if having better service and a bar will make or break your vacation with your family.  I did the NCL Joy, the week after thanksgiving in 2021.  I had my wife and my two adult children with me.  I also had a two bedroom Haven accommodations it was however the Owners Suite.  We did not do the Vibe and if I was to do it again, we still would not have had the Vibe.  

Now remember, this is social media.  Some folks will agree with my thoughts and others will disagree.  I gave you my reasons so add it to what every one else is saying.  Then, as my son says, "You do You". 

Cruise well and don't for get to have the Haven Bar make you a smoking drink.  It is a show in itself. Enjoy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

People "think" that they "need" a Vibe pass because "everyone" gets one. On some of the BA ships, there are 80 passes for 4200 passengers. That's 2% of the passengers that have a Vibe pass. And most go there for an hour a day.... 

You paid big bucks for the Haven. Enjoy the Haven,,, it s far nicer than the Vibe. 

The Haven sundeck on the Joy is not, in my opinion,  nicer than the Vibe.  Not enough comfortable loungers and the service was horrible   

3 hours ago, disneydave said:

We are booked in a 2br Haven stateroom on the Vibe and dragging along the 18 and 20 year old daughters.  Why should we or shouldn't get Vibe passes in addition being able to use Haven?

No one 'needs' a Vibe pass.  TO address the real question, there is a private sun deck for Haven guests on most ships so IMHO a Vibe pass would be redundant.  Even so, a Vibe pass is WAAAY over rated and even more WAAAAY over priced.  Heck it was over priced at the original cost.  It has gone up at least once since then.

15 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

@RocketMan275 Thank you for calling out my Haven Lite Strategy.  To the author of this posting, @disneydave Glad you are taking some young adults to the Haven. I love the Haven and the Vibe.  I have done the Haven most of my NCL cruises on the larger ships.  When not in the Haven, I won't even go on the ship without the Vibe.  The question on the floor is should someone do the Vibe if they are also doing the Haven.  

The second consideration is if a actual bar is important to you vs. bar service in the sundeck.  If you want a bar, the Vibe has a fantastic one.  If drinking while sunning is not your thing, then the Vibe seems to be a waste of money. 

If you read this NCL blog, many say that because of NCL bidding process, the Haven is Always sold out.  This means, the Haven Bar is always crowded and the Haven Sundeck is crowded as well.  There is always a chair to be had but the chair is often not in a premier location.  Take that also into consideration.  

Here is my position.  If money was no options, I would get the Vibe and the Haven.  I like the Vibe sundeck better than the Haven Sundeck and have gotten better service in the Vibe, PERIOD.  However if money is an issue, the Vibe is very nice but not worth the investment if you have access to the Haven Sundeck with a hot tub (water feature).  

Your decision seems to be a hard one.  If you really think about it, it is just a budget question and if having better service and a bar will make or break your vacation with your family.  I did the NCL Joy, the week after thanksgiving in 2021.  I had my wife and my two adult children with me.  I also had a two bedroom Haven accommodations it was however the Owners Suite.  We did not do the Vibe and if I was to do it again, we still would not have had the Vibe.  

Now remember, this is social media.  Some folks will agree with my thoughts and others will disagree.  I gave you my reasons so add it to what every one else is saying.  Then, as my son says, "You do You". 

Cruise well and don't for get to have the Haven Bar make you a smoking drink.  It is a show in itself. Enjoy.

Thanks for the info.  An outdoor bar is someplace we tend to end up and build a friendship with those bartenders.  We are experienced Celebrity cruisers and have enjoyed their "retreat" areas for sunning and a pool where we can always get a quick drink, snack, and chair at any time of the day but at some point we end up at the sunset bar bellied up to the bar.  We tend to be drawn in by the upper deck bar at the aft.  This is a hard one for me but guessing since our itinerary doesn't have any sea days (Viva 3/10/24 from San Juan) we may skip the Vibe but we still have time to decide and book.  

• Like 1

Based on what others have said, it depends greatly on your sailing. Are you traveling during peak times (spring break, holidays) where the ship will be not only full, but full of kids and teens? Or are you traveling in a generally quieter time with possibly not a full ship?

Also depends on what is important to you, and as said above the number of sea days. If it's a port intensive trip, but you want a guaranteed spot to lounge in the sun when you get back on board - maybe have both Haven & Vibe is 'worth it' to you. For me.... my balcony is a good enough back-up if the Haven area is too crowded. I'd rather spend that Vibe pass money on a fancy bottle of bubbly to share with new friends in the Haven lounge.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 1/17/2023 at 9:36 AM, disneydave said:

An outdoor bar is someplace we tend to end up and build a friendship with those bartenders.  We are experienced Celebrity cruisers and have enjoyed their "retreat" areas for sunning and a pool where we can always get a quick drink, snack, and chair at any time of the day but at some point we end up at the sunset bar bellied up to the bar.  We tend to be drawn in by the upper deck bar at the aft.  This is a hard one for me but guessing since our itinerary doesn't have any sea days (Viva 3/10/24 from San Juan) we may skip the Vibe but we still have time to decide and book.  

First - I assume you realize Vibe does not have a pool.  Hot tub yes, water feature I assume Vibe will have something, but pool no.  If that is not a showstopper, read on...

What you describe for the bar scene is EXACTLY why my wife and I love the Vibe and think it is worth every penny.  We spent most late afternoons and early evenings hanging at the Vibe bar where there is a similar minded group of people who quickly become friends.  We did this on sea and port days - probably enjoyed it more on port days as "our" place to go and relax and unwind.  

I don't know if the Haven bar is similar - we've never done Haven.  But I have no doubt what you describe above you would find and enjoy in Vibe.

On 1/16/2023 at 5:20 PM, BirdTravels said:

And most go there for an hour a day.... 

As someone who has spent hours in Vibe, the statement above does not match my observations.  Seemed like most of the people there were there for long periods of time and not just on sea days.