Anyone notice Diamond Benefits have gone down?

dshroyer

5 hours ago, EMc&DrS said:

Is Butcher's Cut the only specialty restaurant on Seascape where you can claim your free dinner as a diamond member, or are there other choices?

I did my diamond level dinner at Indochine, so it seems as on most ships, most or all specialty restaurants are available.  That said, World Europa has several new specialty restaurant concepts and not sure if they're included.  I hope so, as I'll be on World Europa later in the year.

With respect to the other comments about the dark chocolate bar being substituted for the chocolate ships, I am a type 2 diabetic, pretty well controlled with diet and exercise.  My body can handle that dark chocolate a lot better than milk chocolate, as it contains a much higher cacao content and less sugar.  Plus, I believe it's made by Venchi, so it's a high quality dark chocolate, imo.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

I did my diamond level dinner at Indochine, so it seems as on most ships, most or all specialty restaurants are available.  That said, World Europa has several new specialty restaurant concepts and not sure if they're included.  I hope so, as I'll be on World Europa later in the year.

With respect to the other comments about the dark chocolate bar being substituted for the chocolate ships, I am a type 2 diabetic, pretty well controlled with diet and exercise.  My body can handle that dark chocolate a lot better than milk chocolate, as it contains a much higher cacao content and less sugar.  Plus, I believe it's made by Venchi, so it's a high quality dark chocolate, imo.

Works for you. Why not allow an option for those who need the bar vs those who want the ship? LOL

1 minute ago, Oxo said:

Works for you. Why not allow an option for those who need the bar vs those who want the ship? LOL

If you want the ship, I believe it's available for purchase.

Or you could write a strongly worded letter to MSC.  I'm sure it will be met with immediate action and the precious ship will be instantly restored for all diamond members, lol.

• Haha 2

On 1/22/2023 at 2:00 PM, travelberlin said:

Or maybe if they get bumped because they did not cruise in the last two years, they can apply again for the status match 😫. Anyhow with diminishing perks is not really worth it.

Ivi

All I'm saying is that the diminishing perks aren't necessarily the fault of the match program, and the glut of status folks is a transient issue that was exacerbated by the plague. Perks across the travel industry have been in a race to the bottom for years.

On 1/23/2023 at 3:38 PM, Stockjock said:

If you want the ship, I believe it's available for purchase.

Or you could write a strongly worded letter to MSC.  I'm sure it will be met with immediate action and the precious ship will be instantly restored for all diamond members, lol.

You must be a comedian on MSC? You are funny?? 

'Write a strong letter to MSC.' 

What I find odd is those that don't drink, so why have free drinks?

Or those that are in your condition, why have a ship instead of a bar?

Enjoyed my 2 cents. LOL

I would have very much liked a chocolate ship when I became diamond... alas it wasn't to be.   Yes, I could go to the Venchi shop and buy one but that's not the point.  

An awful lot of people here get het up about how nice it would be to have a bit of free laundry.    That's something I'm not interested in at all - but I wouldn't pull them down by commenting about their need for "precious" whitey whites - or how "I'm far too busy having fun to worry about laundry"   etc....

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2023 at 9:55 AM, rool said:

Just my luck.

The child in me always wanted the chocolate ship but just as we achieved Diamond status it changed for the little bar.

We enjoyed very much though the macaroons and prosecco  one afternoon on the balcony.

On top of that the free speciality dinner and priority embarkation still makes it a worthwhile achievement.

I am on the Seascape and today day 4 came to my cabin in the pm and had 2 chocolate ships macaroons and a bottle of prosecco. 

20230208_192611.jpg

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Cie said:

I am on the Seascape and today day 4 came to my cabin in the pm and had 2 chocolate ships macaroons and a bottle of prosecco. 

20230208_192611.jpg

I will be using all the powers of The Secret from now until my October cruise to achieve that 😁

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Cie said:

20230208_192611.jpg

How/why did you get two chocolate ships? I thought it was one per stateroom?

We'll be on the same itinerary as you are currently sailing in 10 days. Can you tell me which night(s) are Elegant Nights?

3 hours ago, EMc&DrS said:

We'll be on the same itinerary as you are currently sailing in 10 days. Can you tell me which night(s) are Elegant Nights?

We got 2 since we are both diamond I guess.   Or maybe I am as special as my hubby says lol.  We had gala night Tuesday. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, EMc&DrS said:

It use to be one per Diamond guest. We came home with 8 chocolate ships once 🤣

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just got off the Meraviglia today and this was my first cruise as a diamond member. I was told by an entertainment crew member I could go to the front of the line for self assist debarkation. When I did that I was told by a different person I had to wait in line with everyone else and that priority debarkation was only if I checked my bags. I found the entertainment guy and he put me in the front of the line. Does anyone know what the policy is?

3 hours ago, Sailor75 said:

I just got off the Meraviglia today and this was my first cruise as a diamond member. I was told by an entertainment crew member I could go to the front of the line for self assist debarkation. When I did that I was told by a different person I had to wait in line with everyone else and that priority debarkation was only if I checked my bags. I found the entertainment guy and he put me in the front of the line. Does anyone know what the policy is?

We were on the Meraviglia 3 weeks ago. Diamond member here also.  Self assist debarkation is first then Diamond debarkation. We met in the Broadway theater at a certain time (can't remember but around 7ish or so). All the info was in the disembarkation papers on where the Diamond members were to go and what time.

There was a super long line for self assist.  At around 7:30am an MSC employee came in and told us all of the luggage was off the ship we could go and get in the line if we wanted. He led us out the door and there was a sign that said enter disembarkation line here so we did and avoided the super long self assist line.  Basically, in my opinion, we cut in front of the long self assist line but that is what the crew member told us to do.

11 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

We were on the Meraviglia 3 weeks ago. Diamond member here also.  Self assist debarkation is first then Diamond debarkation. We met in the Broadway theater at a certain time (can't remember but around 7ish or so). All the info was in the disembarkation papers on where the Diamond members were to go and what time.

There was a super long line for self assist.  At around 7:30am an MSC employee came in and told us all of the luggage was off the ship we could go and get in the line if we wanted. He led us out the door and there was a sign that said enter disembarkation line here so we did and avoided the super long self assist line.  Basically, in my opinion, we cut in front of the long self assist line but that is what the crew member told us to do.

I think MSC makes a mistake when they cut people in line in front of others.  They did it with YachtClub guests on one of my sailings (really long, slow line in Rotterdam) and I read where they did it with YC guests on a different sailing and other passengers got hostile and verbally abusive towards those YC passengers.  The same goes for embarkation and debarkation for YC and Diamond members, and I'm Diamond FWIW.

In my view, MSC needs to have a specific priority line or seperate pathway for those with YC or Diamond priority, rather than annoying others by cutting them ahead of those who were first and have been patiently awaiting their turn.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

I think MSC makes a mistake when they cut people in line in front of others.  They did it with YachtClub guests on one of my sailings (really long, slow line in Rotterdam) and I read where they did it with YC guests on a different sailing and other passengers got hostile and verbally abusive towards those YC passengers.  The same goes for embarkation and debarkation for YC and Diamond members, and I'm Diamond FWIW.

In my view, MSC needs to have a specific priority line or seperate pathway for those with YC or Diamond priority, rather than annoying others by cutting them ahead of those who were first and have been patiently awaiting their turn.

I agree, I felt like I was cutting line but I did exactly as we were told. Would be nice to have a separate line. But then again, I would love a separate line at Guest Services for Diamond members.  That would be awesome IMO.

• Like 4

Just sailed.  Most perks gone or not presented.  Not even the card for specialty dining.  Had to ask.  It was a three then four night though but 2021 we had a short trip and did have them.  We did get wine, chocolate bar and macaroons but no indication that it was Diamond.

55 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Just sailed.  Most perks gone or not presented.  Not even the card for specialty dining.  Had to ask.  It was a three then four night though but 2021 we had a short trip and did have them.  We did get wine, chocolate bar and macaroons but no indication that it was Diamond.

That is exactly what we received on the Meraviglia last month. No specialty dinner card, we did get a bottle of prossecco, one chocolate bar to split for 2 Diamond members (when I asked was told it is 1 bar per cabin, not per Diamond member), and a plate of macaroons.  We missed the Diamond party because there was no notification of it. Was told they had one at 11am on a port day (not a great time at all).

Edited by ready2cruzagain

7 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

That is exactly what we received on the Meraviglia last month. No specialty dinner card, we did get a bottle of prossecco, one chocolate bar to split for 2 Diamond members (when I asked was told it is 1 bar per cabin, not per Diamond member), and a plate of macaroons.  We missed the Diamond party because there was no notification of it. Was told they had one at 11am on a port day (not a great time at all).

On Seascape they get smaller chocolate ships, the benefits have become a joke. The Diamond benefits should be the same on every ship in the fleet.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

We missed the Diamond party because there was no notification of it. Was told they had one at 11am on a port day (not a great time at all).

MSC should be totally embarrassed holding the Diamond party at 11am on a port day!

Management way of cutting costs. 

SMD

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Oxo said:

MSC should be totally embarrassed holding the Diamond party at 11am on a port day!

Management way of cutting costs. 

SMD

Never got note when it was.  Didn't even get a pen with floating ship.

23 hours ago, dexddd said:

For some time now there has been no dining card issued for specialty dining, your cabin card is your friend and it's electronic chip is your 'dining card'. 😉

The Voyagers party offered something referred to as drinks and a small bowl of potato chips. The Diamond party was slightly better with wine offered and a few appetizers. We did a B2B and didn't go to either on the second cruise.