Possible to swap passenger on fully paid cruise?

wtang

I'm 60 days out and our cruise is fully paid off.  We have a cabin for 4 people.  There's a chance my son won't be able to come on the cruise.  If so, is there a way to swap his spot for another person?  Or will we just have to pay for 4 passengers but only sail with 3?

I was facing this possibility and my PCC (who knows her stuff) said I could switch the second passenger out up until a few days before embarkation day. We did not get into specifics as to exactly how many days because I just wanted a general answer at that time. It was months out when I asked.  I do know it was less than a week, though. 

Edited by Greenpea2
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

I was facing this possibility and my PCC (who knows her stuff) said I could switch the second passenger out up until a few days before embarkation day. We did not get into specifics as to exactly how many days because I just wanted a general answer at that time. It was months out when I asked.  I do know it was less than a week, though. 

Did your PCC say you could switch out with any penalty?

According to the European NCL booking conditions, there is a €50 fee for name changes and it can be done no later than 7 days before the departure date. As I am located in Europe myself, I automatically get to the European NCL page when typing ncl.com, but I am guessing that if you try to open the URL below in other parts of the world, then you would be automatically rerouted to the correct T&C for where you are located.

https://www.ncl.com/fr/en/about/terms-and-conditions-ce#!#Changes

Allthough booking conditions are  different for the European and the American branch of NCL, it would not be logic that Europeans are allowed to change name(s) on the reservation up until a week before sailing date for a small fee and Americans are not. But then again, not everything NCL decides on other subjects is logic.....

7. Changes by you

(1) Should you wish to make any changes to your confirmed holiday, you must notify us as soon as possible and in any event more than 30 days before departure except as set out below in relation to a transfer. Whilst we will endeavour to assist, we cannot guarantee we will be able to meet any such requests. Where we are able to do so, an amendment fee of €50 per person per change will be payable together with any costs incurred by ourselves and any costs or charges incurred or imposed by any of our suppliers. Restricted Air flights cannot be changed after confirmation. If your reservation includes a Restricted Air flight, any change will incur a 100% cancellation charge of the flight cost together with the full cost of booking another flight. It may be possible to make changes at a later stage but the costs involved in doing so will be higher.

(2) If any individual Guest wishes to transfer their individual booking to another person (introduced by you), you may do so provided the person to whom you wish to transfer your individual booking satisfies all conditions which form part of your contract with us. Requests for transfers must be made in writing at least 7 days before departure and must be accompanied by the name and other required details of the person(s) to whom the booking will be transferred. The costs and charges incurred by us and/or incurred or imposed by any of our suppliers as a result together with an amendment fee of €50 per person transferring their place must be paid before the transfer can be made. For flight inclusive bookings, you must also pay the charges levied by the airline(s) concerned. Guests should note that airlines may not allow name changes on scheduled flights and that the flight booking may need to be cancelled (with payment of the applicable cancellation charges which may be up to 100% of the flight cost) and rebooked if a name needs to be changed. The rebooking will always be subject to flight availability and to the payment of the full cost of the new ticket. Restricted Air flights cannot be changed after confirmation so a 100% cancellation charge together with the full cost of booking another flight will apply.

• Like 1

Just to update this topic and have closure.  I just spoke with my TA and she said I can do a name change up to 2 weeks before the sail date.  She said there is no fee charged by NCL for a name change.  I am in the US and I booked through a big online TA company that specializes in cruises.

• Thanks 1

On 1/18/2023 at 8:30 AM, Greenpea2 said:

Yes. 

Thank you.

This information is good to know for us as we have an extended family cruise booked in June 2024 which includes a current boyfriend and current girlfriend of two young adults in our party.      

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, vacation44 said:

Thank you.

This information is good to know for us as we have an extended family cruise booked in June 2024 which includes a current boyfriend and current girlfriend of two young adults in our party.      

My son's girlfriend broke up with him about a month before our cruise and she was the one that booked their room.  Fortunately she was very good about letting us find someone to take her place and just asked for part of the money that she had paid.  My son's cousin got a really good deal for a cruise from Boston to Bermuda.  The hardest part of swapping the reservation was contacting her agent, but we were able to get it changed and there was no charge.

Flip