Have It All

Iwilder

15 minutes ago, Iwilder said:

Just got educated on what Have It All means by gratuities. I thought it meant the daily gratuities charge, but have been told it means the gratuity charge on your liquor charges. Glad I found this out.

The drink package has always included tips, not the included tips part.

Best to look at your confirmation, my HIA says:

7-Day Surf Wifi Hia Promo
Signature Beverage Pkg Hia Promo
Shore Excursion Discount H I A1

1 Night Spec Dining H I A Promo
Pre-Paid Crew Appreciation Promo 

From everything I have read this means that I am not "required" to tip anyone for the duration of the cruise.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bdd123 said:

From everything I have read this means that I am not "required" to tip anyone for the duration of the cruise.

You are correct.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, bdd123 said:

True.  Not required.  Tips are most likely appreciated on that “included” shore excursion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oaktreerb said:

True.  Not required.  Tips are most likely appreciated on that “included” shore excursion.

Of course, but cruise excursions generally dont deserve it.  Totally depends on the experience.   In most "excursions", the only reason I tip is because I feel sorry for them.   I usually recommend a private tour as busses, tourism in general stinks.

I take 10x$20 in my pocket with the sole purpose of giving them away on my way to my room.   It is a gratifying technique and establishes my relationship with staff.

8 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

Or for that matter, on any of the included promos/services, not just the shore excursion.

It states crew appreciation.

I go to Pinnacle, bars, etc.    All included.   If the HIA includes 18% why would I tip?  

Before you jump to conclusions my standard tip for exceptional service is 25%.   

Edited by bdd123

7 minutes ago, bdd123 said:

Bad service bad tip.   Simple.

You clearly missed my point. I was commenting on your statement that 'cruise excursions generally dont (sic) deserve it' (referring to tips). My point was that just because you said it, doesn't make it true.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KroozNut said:

You clearly missed my point. I was commenting on your statement that 'cruise excursions generally dont (sic) deserve it' (referring to tips). My point was that just because you said it, doesn't make it true.

It is generally true.    It is also generally true that excursions sold through the cruise line are way over priced to begin with.

I have been considering doing only "all inclusive" cruising. I am always baffled by the many packages and 'deals' that are offered. I like simple. If it causes me to have a headache trying to figure out what deal is the best offer, it kind of takes the fun out of planning a new adventure. I'm kinda done with all the hoopla. 

Edited by BobbiSox
typo
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, BobbiSox said:

I have been considering doing only "all inclusive" cruising. I am always baffled by the many packages and 'deals' that are offered. I like simple. If it causes me to have a headache trying to figure out what deal is the best offer, it kind of takes the fun out of planning a new adventure. I'm kinda done with all the hoopla. 

Yep.   I have not been on HAL for 20 years and already regret it, thanks CC.  😉

.First 2 were great.   Now from all the comments I feel like I just put 10k in the bin.    If I ever cruise again it won't be HAL unless they deliver in Feb.    Even if they do, not sure I will navigate thier pricing model again just dumb.    Should have done Seabourn.

Edited by bdd123

11 hours ago, bdd123 said:

It is generally true.  

Again, in YOUR opinion. Which means that it is not universally accepted to be 'generally true'. DW and I are just two examples of cruisers that don't agree with your opinion.

Edited by KroozNut
  • Like 2

We booked our August sailing thru {Big Warehouse} travel during the "Best Deal Ever" or whatever it was called at the time.  These were the perks offered for the trip (Below). 

Just to be clear. With the Signature Beverage Package, the tips are included?

-----------------

• Shipboard Credit Per Stateroom (included in cruise line shipboard credit shown above)
  • Reduced Deposit
  • Included Crew Appreciation (previously called complimentary shipboard gratuities)
  • Signature Beverage Package
  • One Specialty Dinner
  • Wi-Fi Surf Package for Two
  • USD 100 Shore Excursion Credit (per person)

2 hours ago, KroozNut said:

Again, in YOUR opinion. Which means that it is not universally accepted to be 'generally true'. DW and I are just two examples of cruisers that don't agree with your opinion.

It is universally accepted and generally true that cruise line excursions are over priced.