Iona Suite downgraded by P&O

Ehg

22 minutes ago, Tablelamp said:

They really should explain to you in Laymans terms what the problem is. At least you would understand and be able to move forward in a better frame of mind.

Quite agree!
I’d argue they shouldn’t be selling this suite until the last minute until it’s fixed. We could easily have been a couple celebrating a special occasion, imagine how disappointing it would have been. 😕

5 minutes ago, Ehg said:

Quite agree!
I’d argue they shouldn’t be selling this suite until the last minute until it’s fixed. We could easily have been a couple celebrating a special occasion, imagine how disappointing it would have been. 😕

I don’t suppose they knew about the problem when you booked. Maybe it will be fixed before the cruise returns so perhaps you could move into it once it is finished. 

12 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Do insist on being able to breakfast in the Epicurean as part of whatever deal you do. It’s a stunningly good way to start the day, particularly outside in good weather, and since the cost to P&O is precisely zero it should be fairly easy to achieve.

No outdoors breakfast in Epicurean on Iona.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ehg said:

Quite agree!

Ehg Happy New Year

Cannot help always travel steerage🙃

With regard to Epicurean breakfast on Iona, you can pay £8.50 to have breakfast there if not in a suite, a few folks were doing that early January. Not for one minute suggesting you pay but shows they do have additional capacity so P&O should make sure you get what you are entitled to as part of your original suite booking with no excuses as to availability etc.

51 minutes ago, ccpm said:

With regard to Epicurean breakfast on Iona, you can pay £8.50 to have breakfast there if not in a suite, a few folks were doing that early January. Not for one minute suggesting you pay but shows they do have additional capacity so P&O should make sure you get what you are entitled to as part of your original suite booking with no excuses as to availability etc.

Not seen you for a while. Hope everything’s working out better now?

Harry

• Like 3

TA says the safety issue is outside the suite and a number of cabins are affected……🤷‍♀️

They have given us an extra £50pp OBC….but no Epicurean breakfast…..yet…..😏

• Thanks 2

Also been affected  , still waiting for someone get back to us for a cabin allocation.. .. anyone know what the outside issue is and why the suites still in use for current and next cruise.. ? 

also what ones are affected ? 

is it all of them ? we stayed in these suites twice before no issues.. .. 

On 1/24/2023 at 11:55 PM, Ehg said:

TA says the safety issue is outside the suite and a number of cabins are affected……🤷‍♀️

They have given us an extra £50pp OBC….but no Epicurean breakfast…..yet…..😏

have you heard what safety issue is and what suites its affecting seems only this cruise affected so confused about the safety issue ?.. .how did you get extra 50pp obc not been offered that ? 

14 hours ago, ribena1 said:

Also been affected  , still waiting for someone get back to us for a cabin allocation.. .. anyone know what the outside issue is and why the suites still in use for current and next cruise.. ? 

also what ones are affected ? 

is it all of them ? we stayed in these suites twice before no issues.. .. 

So were you in the forward suite on the other side?  If so I reckon it must be the whole forward section. Whatever the issue is I think it’s being fixed during our cruise. 

Regarding the extra OBC, I asked for it! Not the specific amount, but extra OBC as compensation. 

3 hours ago, Ehg said:

So were you in the forward suite on the other side?  If so I reckon it must be the whole forward section. Whatever the issue is I think it’s being fixed during our cruise. 

Regarding the extra OBC, I asked for it! Not the specific amount, but extra OBC as compensation. 

we are even side , ... so far seen 9,10,12,14 affected some even ,

3 hours ago, Ehg said:

On 1/21/2023 at 1:12 AM, molecrochip said:

Which of the two, port side 12112 or starboard 12111?

molechip .. what is the issue we stayed in different forward ones before and had no issues .? and it looks like its not all of them as some still got their cabins not been cancelled ? thank you ..

On 1/21/2023 at 3:19 PM, ccpm said:

With regard to Epicurean breakfast on Iona, you can pay £8.50 to have breakfast there if not in a suite, a few folks were doing that early January. 

Given that the ability to have breakfast in Epicurean is one of the few perks of being in a suite, this seems a very odd move. We have used suites multiple times, but we no longer feel that they are worth the price premium, given the overall changes in the product that P&O now offers. Paying that amount per night gets us on Cunard in Britannia Club, which is what we are switching to next year to compare and contrast. However, being able to pay half the price of a suite (with a Balcony cabin) and pay £8.50 to dine in Epicurean seems like a good deal, but I’d be pretty miffed if I’d paid for a suite and then found that this option was available to anybody!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Given that the ability to have breakfast in Epicurean is one of the few perks of being in a suite, this seems a very odd move. We have used suites multiple times, but we no longer feel that they are worth the price premium, given the overall changes in the product that P&O now offers. Paying that amount per night gets us on Cunard in Britannia Club, which is what we are switching to next year to compare and contrast. However, being able to pay half the price of a suite (with a Balcony cabin) and pay £8.50 to dine in Epicurean seems like a good deal, but I’d be pretty miffed if I’d paid for a suite and then found that this option was available to anybody!

You can think of it two ways Selbourne pretty much as you outlined. This time I was in a suite (and have been before) so included. I usually have a balcony and eat in Epicurean every or most nights and often get invited to breakfast there. From my experience not all suite guests use the breakfast option for Epicurean either using their suite, dining elsewhere or late risers. I have sat in there for a couple of hours and it is nowhere near full. So I expect management decided to see if there was an appetite for paying for this venue. It isn't heavily advertised if at all but a waiter told a couple at dinner about its availability so they may just promote it like that.

To be honest suite perks are so poor on P&O and costs so high I often think about it but never see the cost benefit. Recreating the parts of. it that I like or have experienced via invitation which is only the breakfast yes I am happy to pay it and don't mind if others do. It wouldn't be a cause of annoyance, the price point and overall lack of perks is what does that for me and fails to entice my cash from my pocket. My brother on the other hand has no such qualms hence the suite on Iona.

43 minutes ago, zap99 said:

£8.50 to have breakfast with the toffs in Epicurian ?. That's a bargain. It costs £10 for breakfast in the Premier Inn don't you know.👸

But you have already paid for breakfast, in the plebeian restaurants, presumably, so £8.50 on top seems a bit much.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, zap99 said:

£8.50 to have breakfast with the toffs in Epicurian ?. That's a bargain. It costs £10 for breakfast in the Premier Inn don't you know.👸

But are kids breakfast free like at the Prmier Inn 🤔

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...