Anthem bourbon

grod19

Going on anthem next week (San Juan, st martin,, Antigua, st Kitts and st lucia).  For the bourbon drinkers out there, anything decent onboard?  What about at the islands?  Is gulmohars still a good place to visit?  Last time I was there (pre covid) they were getting expensive. Any other places to check out?

8 hours ago, grod19 said:

Going on anthem next week (San Juan, st martin,, Antigua, st Kitts and st lucia).  For the bourbon drinkers out there, anything decent onboard?  What about at the islands?  Is gulmohars still a good place to visit?  Last time I was there (pre covid) they were getting expensive. Any other places to check out?

There's a great bourbon store in San Maarten. It has six varieties of Blanton's. The basic was $85 two weeks ago.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mets123 said:

There's a great bourbon store in San Maarten. It has six varieties of Blanton's. The basic was $85 two weeks ago.

That actually a good price.  Right before COVID i bought some Bookers for $65 in St.Thomas.

On the Anthem- check all the bars.  Not sure how it happened, but in 270, there was a bottle of Balcones bourbon (not sure which one).  And then it was done.  Later, I saw a Balcones rye in Schooner Bar.  This was over the first two weeks of December.

So there may be surprises on board.

As for the stores in St Maarten- we found ones that let you have a try of many bottles.  Which included a few of the Blantons versions.

Good luck! 

According to the RC Blog,  the fleet wide spirits menu shows Buffalo Trace. Bulleit and Makers for bourbon with Bulleit,  Rittenhouse and Templeton for the ryes.

Other whiskies are Jack, Jameson, Crown and Canadian Club. 

But do scan the bar shelves for others.

5 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

According to the RC Blog,  the fleet wide spirits menu shows Buffalo Trace. Bulleit and Makers for bourbon with Bulleit,  Rittenhouse and Templeton for the ryes.

Other whiskies are Jack, Jameson, Crown and Canadian Club. 

But do scan the bar shelves for others.

On our cruise, BT wasn't there, but Wild Turkey 101 was.  

Selections were very spotty on our most recent cruise on Adventure out of NJ. This was back in October, and I haven't seen postings lately about supply chain issues. There was very little available on the first day or so, and then the bars seemed to get restocked, though they didn't all remain that way for long. You sometimes had to take a stroll to get the particular tipple you were looking for.

On 1/22/2023 at 2:43 AM, mets123 said:

It probably is, but the name outside was Blanton's asI recall. I'm going back on the Anthem this Tuesday and will post after our stop in San Maarten 

I will see you there!  We are on the same cruise!