​⛴️​ LIVE from Allure ​🎠​ out of Galveston - Ozark_Kid and brillohead team up for a duo-thread: Jan 22, 2023

11 minutes ago, brillohead said:

It was the same girl last week, but a different girl last year when I was on Allure.  The girl I saw last year was a bit taller, I think, with blonder hair (not totally white-blonde, but medium blonde, whereas the current Sophie has NO blonde in her hair at all).  

But I'll report in again next week!  

Hey @Ozark_Kid, did you wanna meet up for one final drink sometime tonight?

We have reservations for Chops at 7 tonight.  We are still on Deck 16 and will be here for 45 minutes to an hour. 

Before dinner, I met the young couple at the next table in the Photo Gallery area, and I used my freebie Diamond photo to purchase one of their pictures for them.  

Then we were off to dinner:

IMG_20230128_194254289.thumb.jpg.45c75aa7a1196eae8e8317da93a2ffd5.jpg

Bread bowl:
IMG_20230128_194417848.thumb.jpg.333b19b42b94dc2d4de8cc0d33b0ba18.jpg

Seafood cake:

IMG_20230128_195304674.thumb.jpg.3c901cb03dceaff1aadb03595f1b2c95.jpg

Mediterranean tapas:

IMG_20230128_200022591.thumb.jpg.02e08c61e643fa68125cfc73f8285add.jpg

Caesar salad:

IMG_20230128_200727644.thumb.jpg.78f2b3d8f765ffaca7cb876f6e37e694.jpg

Turkey dinner:

IMG_20230128_201522717.thumb.jpg.caad2bdbf7e8c735bba4fa443d4c7680.jpg

I asked for some extra broccoli with my turkey dinner, and I got an entire plate of it:
IMG_20230128_201525739.thumb.jpg.43acc2145a1e674ad2d631938140a0cf.jpg

Apple cobbler:

IMG_20230128_204153661.thumb.jpg.2d65ccdb8d43958833b97aff96fd8129.jpg

Dark chocolate brownie (note that this used to be a dish of chocolate mousse with a few cubes of brownie and topped with meringue -- it's now an actual brownie with ice cream and topped with a piece of caramel corn):

IMG_20230128_204147710.thumb.jpg.c8083d2f9688a507dff0c62901fafe89.jpg

And just for @A&L_Ont, I did a recon mission on the apple cobbler.... pretty sure that this is a raisin:
IMG_20230128_204249217.thumb.jpg.dad3999544cb1c5664b503b85646494c.jpg

Ice cream used for contrast:
IMG_20230128_204317914.thumb.jpg.fbaf46f0fe0379035e8c2bf3fcdc1c5c.jpg

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, Andrew!!!!

Edited by brillohead
  • Like 3
  • Haha 9

I met up with John and the gang for one last drink in the Schooner Bar after dinner. 

Pretty-n-Pink for me, Peach Daiquiri for him.  Delish as always!

IMG_20230128_211748181.thumb.jpg.46c7a030f5a70e52572d9d68b371eb02.jpg

John actually had the nerve to go hit on a very young lady at the next table, and his wife was right there while he did it!!!  (I'll let him tell that story! LOL)  

Then after we all sang along to Sweet Caroline, BUM BUM BUMMMM, it was time for one last hug and off to our rooms.  

I have to switch to a different room for the next leg (down one deck and over one room).  They'll move my stuff for me, but they have so much work to do on turnaround day to begin with, and I really can't do anything until they complete the B2B process, so I'll pack up in the morning and take my bags down to the new room myself.  

I stopped to meet my new room attendant before dinner tonight and told him of my plan -- I'll just stash my stuff in the closet after the current people get out, so they can still clean the room like normal for turnaround.  That's when he said something to the effect of *if* the current people ever get out... they're Pinnacles, and they seem to think the rules don't apply to them. 

I will say that I've noticed a LOT more people wearing their Pinnacle name tags on this cruise than I usually do when cruising out of Florida.  I didn't attend the Top Tier Event, so I don't know if the numbers are all that different, or if Texas people are just more inclined to wear their bling.  I might stop by the Diamond Lounge on this next cruise and ask what the numbers are like to get an idea if it's a numbers thing or a bling thing.  

• Like 9

43 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I met up with John and the gang for one last drink in the Schooner Bar after dinner. 

John actually had the nerve to go hit on a very young lady at the next table, and his wife was right there while he did it!!!  (I'll let him tell that story! LOL)  

Then after we all sang along to Sweet Caroline, BUM BUM BUMMMM, it was time for one last hug and off to our rooms.  

I have to switch to a different room for the next leg (down one deck and over one room).  They'll move my stuff for me, but they have so much work to do on turnaround day to begin with, and I really can't do anything until they complete the B2B process, so I'll pack up in the morning and take my bags down to the new room myself.  

I stopped to meet my new room attendant before dinner tonight and told him of my plan -- I'll just stash my stuff in the closet after the current people get out, so they can still clean the room like normal for turnaround.  That's when he said something to the effect of *if* the current people ever get out... they're Pinnacles, and they seem to think the rules don't apply to them. 

I will say that I've noticed a LOT more people wearing their Pinnacle name tags on this cruise than I usually do when cruising out of Florida.  I didn't attend the Top Tier Event, so I don't know if the numbers are all that different, or if Texas people are just more inclined to wear their bling.  I might stop by the Diamond Lounge on this next cruise and ask what the numbers are like to get an idea if it's a numbers thing or a bling thing.  

If I ever reach pinnacle, I still wouldn't ever wear that pin omg. I am from Texas and sailed on Liberty out of Galveston and SO many Pinnacle pins.  The snobbery was off the charts too.  While waiting in line for the Top Tier event, I just couldn't believe the words coming out of their mouths. I feel for the room stewards

• Like 6

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

And just for @A&L_Ont, I did a recon mission on the apple cobbler.... pretty sure that this is a raisin:

That is just not bad news for Andrew.   My wife has severe allergic reactions to raisins.  They used to hide them in the apple pie too.   That is why she was happy when the apple blossoms were raisin free.

Maybe we will have to get JR’s apple pie, if they still have it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I pickes Hot Chocolate 

Lhc_215244.thumb.jpg.f068582510debf709f71741812f06537.jpg

How was the hot chocolate cake? Was it actually hot and gooey like it's supposed to be? Or was it just barely warm and mostly solid? I always keep coming back for more and always end up being disappointed...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, brillohead said:

Dark chocolate brownie (note that this used to be a dish of chocolate mousse with a few cubes of brownie and topped with meringue -- it's now an actual brownie with ice cream and topped with a piece of caramel corn):

IMG_20230128_204147710.thumb.jpg.c8083d2f9688a507dff0c62901fafe89.jpg

Ok, now I'm heartbroken. Loved that brownie mousse. 😭

• Like 1

6 hours ago, aubreyc1988 said:

If I ever reach pinnacle, I still wouldn't ever wear that pin omg. I am from Texas and sailed on Liberty out of Galveston and SO many Pinnacle pins.  The snobbery was off the charts too.  While waiting in line for the Top Tier event, I just couldn't believe the words coming out of their mouths. I feel for the room stewards

They probably weren't real Texans...remember people from all over the midwest cruise out of Galveston.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, brillohead said:

WOW, those drinks look amazing!!

Going to need a few of those today 

for the footballl game, super stoked about the game.

Hope our team goes to Super Bowl, for we will

be watching the Super Bowl on the big screen,

on Wonder of the Seas that week.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

How was the hot chocolate cake? Was it actually hot and gooey like it's supposed to be? Or was it just barely warm and mostly solid? I always keep coming back for more and always end up being disappointed...

Hot and great this time.  I just dropped the ice cream in before the pic.  It melted so quickly that I wish I had two dips! 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

They put so much in the Peach glass it almost looked like a glass of ice cream.  Taste great.  The taste of a real peach.  Another couple joined us.  Debbie got her her first Peach Daiquiri and she loved it.  I guess I had enough of them.  Every time I type peach now I Hit D and Daiquiri pops up.  😂 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, brillohead said:

Before dinner, I met the young couple at the next table in the Photo Gallery area, and I used my freebie Diamond photo to purchase one of their pictures for them.  

That was very nice of you to do that.

• Like 12