Changing cabins once onboard with kids (Aqua/Inside)

tomservo

28 minutes ago, tomservo said:

Sorry I forgot to mention, this is on the Edge. My kids both have ADHD and are very active, so we don’t typically leave them with anyone because they are a handful. 

Probably the best bet is forego AquaClass until kids get older.  You won't be able to dine there, use the classes or the other features if you don't let anyone watch the kids.  Please note I am not criticizing you.  I have 5 of my own and older 2 had ADHD so I understand.  We didn't start cruising until 14 yrs ago because it was too difficult doing it ourselves.  I think your plan with balcony and inside will work.  Plenty of time for the upgraded stuff in the future.  Also FYI I'm currently going to be on my 7th Celebrity cruise and it's my first time in a non inside cabin as we got AquaClass.  And in December on my 16th RCCL cruise, I went in my first suite.  But I still had a great time no matter what cabin I was in as did my kids when they went with us.  

6 hours ago, tomservo said:

The goal is to get my wife's name in the AQ cabin so we have the option for the 2 adults to eat in Blu or use the spa. I understand that my kids wouldn't be able to eat in Blu. We eat dinner together all the time at home, on cruises they prefer the buffet and kids club after rather than sit through a sit down dinner, and then we can have a nice dinner by ourselves after we feed them.

Deleted comment

Edited by retird

8 minutes ago, ISABELLA said:

Unless it has changed, no children under 16 can be booked in AQ. About 7 years ago, I was booked solo, travelling with friends and was able to book my friend's granddaughter in my cabin only because she turned 16 before the cruise.

That was never the case. AFAIK.  I am afraid you were misled, but it all came out OK, I take it.

Aqua class is limited to two passengers per state room. But there have been many single parents who brought one child with him over the years.

6 hours ago, jean87510 said:

Probably the best bet is forego AquaClass until kids get older.  You won't be able to dine there, use the classes or the other features if you don't let anyone watch the kids.  Please note I am not criticizing you.  I have 5 of my own and older 2 had ADHD so I understand.  We didn't start cruising until 14 yrs ago because it was too difficult doing it ourselves.  I think your plan with balcony and inside will work.  Plenty of time for the upgraded stuff in the future.  Also FYI I'm currently going to be on my 7th Celebrity cruise and it's my first time in a non inside cabin as we got AquaClass.  And in December on my 16th RCCL cruise, I went in my first suite.  But I still had a great time no matter what cabin I was in as did my kids when they went with us.  

This is our 5th cruise together as a family, I don’t want to overstate our difficulties with them, for the most part they do alright. They can handle a few hours here and there in the kids club, maybe 1-2 hours a day on average, but we do spend the vast majority of the cruise together with them. What I meant about not leaving them with anyone was in regards to the comment about leaving them with family, they’re enough of a handful that I wouldn’t want to leave them with family for a week (let alone a weekend!) I just wanted to figure out a way for my wife to experience Aquaclass, I think she’d really like it (getting 2 AQ cabins would be prohibitive)

1 minute ago, tomservo said:

This is our 5th cruise together as a family, I don’t want to overstate our difficulties with them, for the most part they do alright. They can handle a few hours here and there in the kids club, maybe 1-2 hours a day on average, but we do spend the vast majority of the cruise together with them. What I meant about not leaving them with anyone was in regards to the comment about leaving them with family, they’re enough of a handful that I wouldn’t want to leave them with family for a week (let alone a weekend!) I just wanted to figure out a way for my wife to experience Aquaclass, I think she’d really like it (getting 2 AQ cabins would be prohibitive)

👍

9 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Did you actually read his posts?

I did and the OP says he will put them in kids club while they have dinner BUT his next post says

Sorry I forgot to mention, this is on the Edge. My kids both have ADHD and are very active, so we don’t typically leave them with anyone because they are a handful.