Zaandam - baths replaced by showers

FrankieSue

27 minutes ago, Divi said:

Some staterooms have the wonderful new showers. We have one booked for 2024

Hoping that they are done for August when we are on board. I'll be able to check out the Volendam showers in April. ❤️

15 minutes ago, Dismomx5 said:

Hoping that they are done for August when we are on board. I'll be able to check out the Volendam showers in April. ❤️

We really enjoyed it. Funnily, the balcony cabins still have the old shower in the bath but the ocean view on deck 3 (Promenade deck) had been updated.

After a 2018 drydock, at least some Zaandam category D outside staterooms on Lower Prom Deck had the shower installed. We chose one for upcoming New England/Newfoundland cruise in September. 

Photos here on HALFacts if the link works:
https://halfacts.com/r-class/3339-zaandam/

Edited by Caribbean Chris
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, Caribbean Chris said:

After a 2018 drydock, at least some Zaandam category D outside staterooms on Lower Prom Deck had the shower installed. We chose one for upcoming New England/Newfoundland cruise in September. 

Photos here on HALFacts if the link works:
https://halfacts.com/r-class/3339-zaandam/

That is really helpful info. Thank you so much 

• Like 1

I just got off the Zaandam on Saturday. Our cabin 1919 still had the old tub. Friends on 3 also had tub. All were OV rooms. Also, HA was in the process of replacing old tv's for larger, newer ones. They never made it to Dolphin Deck while we were on board.

7 hours ago, AV8rix said:

You can tell which ones have the new showers by looking at the deck plan.  Those with showers are marked with an asterisk.  This pertains to the OVs only.  The interiors still have the old showers.

Thank you so much… now I know what is what

14 hours ago, AV8rix said:

You can tell which ones have the new showers by looking at the deck plan.  Those with showers are marked with an asterisk.  This pertains to the OVs only

Isn't that funny the deckplan of the Volendam do not show that and I only knew that 3365 had an upgraded shower-only from @Vict0riann's pics on Halfacts.

On 1/24/2023 at 8:48 AM, FrankieSue said:

We were recently on the Volendam, and on Promenade deck,  the baths had been replaced by nice, new, modern showers… anyone knows if the same is true for the Zaandam?

I found this on HAL website some time ago, and saved it!

"IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION:

This is to advise guests who've booked Ocean-view staterooms on board Zaandam that during the April 2018 dry dock, the bathrooms in the below staterooms will be updated to a shower-only configuration:

Lower Promenade Deck: D3331 - D3370

Main Deck: C2564 - C2647

Please note, this change does not affect all Oceanview staterooms, only the specific staterooms noted above."

6 hours ago, FrankieSue said:

3398 on Volendam has upgraded shower-only.

We recently stayed in 1838 on Volendam and it had the wonderful full size shower.  Unfortunately I believe our next cruise on Zaandam will have the slippery bathtub instead of the shower only.