Double charged for the spa. Who do I take this up with?

spleenstomper

Hi, everyone. I purchased 3 spa treatments before I left and I took advantage of the package: 10% off least expensive, 20% off middle one and 30% off highest price, for a grand total of around $550.00 

They also charged me individually for the spa treatments on the on board account, with the grand total of everything at around $2,000.

Who do I speak with about getting my $550 back? I’m so aggravated, thanks. Has this happened to anyone else? 

Ok, so I figured it out. You go to  carnival.com and scroll down to post cruise inquiries and get a copy of your on board charges if you don’t have it handy. 

If there is still a problem, you send an email to guestcare@carnival.com 

for the archives in case someone searches this

1 minute ago, MogeyMan said:

Try "customerservice@ hollandamerica" for a copy of your statement   &  go from there. Did you pre- pay ?

Yes, I prepaid so I think I prepaid and also paid at the time. I just requested a copy of my onboard charges to double check as I can’t find my print out at the moment.

Edited by spleenstomper

19 hours ago, MogeyMan said:

Try "customerservice@ hollandamerica" for a copy of your statement   &  go from there. Did you pre- pay ?

Holland America???? Thought it was a Carnival cruise?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, sparks1093 said:

All disputes of onboard charges need to be resolved onboard, AFAIK. You can try taking up with shoreside guest services but you may not receive any satisfaction.

I get that it certainly would have been easier that way, but I was unaware how it worked and I was unaware that the pre paid charge actually went through (as opposed to a hold for instance). 

The prepaid charge went through on 12/28 and my cruise was 1/2/23. I had not received my statement by the time the cruise left. 

I just disputed $575.00 on my credit card until I can get some confirmation from CCL about this. 

The prepaid charge is on one credit card and the sign and sail charges are on a different credit card. 

It’s also possible I’m wrong, which is why I wanted a copy of my sign and sail charges. 

To be continued.

4 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

Holland America???? Thought it was a Carnival cruise?

It is Carnival, but I recently went on HAL and am going on HAL again on April, so I got what he meant. 

If I have to eat $575.00 then I guess I’m going to eat $575.00 

That will be a hot steaming pile of garbage though 

Curious how you didn't notice an extra 2k on your onboard account? the app/print out should have given some ideas something was up

Also wouldn't you want the 2k back and not the $550?

Edit - My reading skills are that of a fetus... Please disregard this nonsense post. Ha.

Edited by Sailin_Pirate
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sailin_Pirate said:

Curious how you didn't notice an extra 2k on your onboard account? the app/print out should have given some ideas something was up

Also wouldn't you want the 2k back and not the $550?

sorry! I see that I was unclear in my original post. 

The $2,000 was spa, room service, some drinks, seafood shack, etc. 

I had 7 spa services. 3 massages, 3 acupuncture sessions and 1 facial. It was all on the sign and sail account (as I remembered it). So the sign and sail account is correct. 

It’s the prepaid $575.00 for 3 spa services that is the issue. I was double charged for those. 

Edited by spleenstomper
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, spleenstomper said:

sorry! I see that I was unclear in my original post. 

The $2,000 was spa, room service, some drinks, seafood shack, etc. 

I had 7 spa services. 3 massages, 3 acupuncture sessions and 1 facial. It was all on the sign and sail account (as I remembered it). So the sign and sail account is correct. 

It’s the prepaid $575.00 for 3 spa services that is the issue. I was double charged for those. 

Gotcha , good luck dealing with Carnival.

• Like 1

I would definitely go after a copy of your onboard charges and compare, and if you can specifically ask for an itemized list, that will be even better. I know on past cruises where I've prepaid for spa services, it looks like I was charged again, but the amount had been adjusted off as a credit on the same receipt. You won't necessarily see the adjustment unless you can see the itemized listing or have a copy of the receipt you would have signed after your treatments.

Either way, I hope it gets explained and adjusted accordingly for you!

• Thanks 1

We were double charged for Spa passes on our last pre-Covid cruise.  I had prepaid for them and 

had documentation.  We were doing a cash account, and our card was rejected for a coffee purchase.  

That's how I found out the spa charged us again when we checked in.  Spa personnel explained that

they always charge onboard and let Carnival refund on S&S so they are sure to get their money.  I knew that was garbage because we regularly prepay for the passes. It took an hour or more at Guest Services to get my money back on Sail and Sign Account.  Guest Services wanted me to wait 24 hours to see if it would automatically credit the new charges.  Being stubborn, I insisted on seeing the money in my account that evening.  They finally made it happen.  Only time I ever felt that Carnival staff were being dishonest with me.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mic101680 said:

I would definitely go after a copy of your onboard charges and compare, and if you can specifically ask for an itemized list, that will be even better. I know on past cruises where I've prepaid for spa services, it looks like I was charged again, but the amount had been adjusted off as a credit on the same receipt. You won't necessarily see the adjustment unless you can see the itemized listing or have a copy of the receipt you would have signed after your treatments.

Either way, I hope it gets explained and adjusted accordingly for you!

Yes, I really hope Carnival did it correctly but this would mean I spent $2500 onboard (I’m not a drinker. My son had a few bar drinks) a 6 day cruise and that doesn’t really work out either. 

I suppose it’s possible. I’m sure we all have had charges that got away from us. Lol

I’d like to see the itemized list and compare so I know I was charged correctly. No one likes feeling or getting overcharged by $575.00

If they are correct, then I’ll have to pay better attention next time to what I’m doing onboard 😁

12 minutes ago, keywest1 said:

We were double charged for Spa passes on our last pre-Covid cruise.  I had prepaid for them and 

had documentation.  We were doing a cash account, and our card was rejected for a coffee purchase.  

That's how I found out the spa charged us again when we checked in.  Spa personnel explained that

they always charge onboard and let Carnival refund on S&S so they are sure to get their money.  I knew that was garbage because we regularly prepay for the passes. It took an hour or more at Guest Services to get my money back on Sail and Sign Account.  Guest Services wanted me to wait 24 hours to see if it would automatically credit the new charges.  Being stubborn, I insisted on seeing the money in my account that evening.  They finally made it happen.  Only time I ever felt that Carnival staff were being dishonest with me.  

Darn it, lost a post to cyberspace. 

yes, this is what I think happened. You are lucky to catch it online but also what a giant PITA to have to deal with that on a cruise. 

Its  possible they credited my SS account $575.00. I want to verify if they did or not, 

• Like 1

I pre-paid for Spa services on my first cruise and then they charged again when on ship. I went to Guest Services and demanded my money back (I had my receipts showing that the Spa already received my payment). They acted like I was crazy for caring about waiting for them to drop off. I waited at the desk until it was credited back to my S&S account. I no longer pre pay for Spa services and get better discounts on board. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, slavigne5577 said:

I pre-paid for Spa services on my first cruise and then they charged again when on ship. I went to Guest Services and demanded my money back (I had my receipts showing that the Spa already received my payment). They acted like I was crazy for caring about waiting for them to drop off. I waited at the desk until it was credited back to my S&S account. I no longer pre pay for Spa services and get better discounts on board. 

That is the way it works.  If you prepay before your cruise, it becomes a credit.  Once you have the service on board, they charge your S&S and then the credit goes towards the charges.  No need to wait for it, accounting will do it.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

That is the way it works.  If you prepay before your cruise, it becomes a credit.  Once you have the service on board, they charge your S&S and then the credit goes towards the charges.  No need to wait for it, accounting will do it.  

I’m really hoping this is what happened and then I can drop it. 

3 minutes ago, spleenstomper said:

I’m really hoping this is what happened and then I can drop it. 

I have my hair done every cruise at least once.  The first time it freaked me out also.  The only charge that remains is the mandatory and any extra gratuities added.  

• Like 1