4 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Pizza for Afternoon Tea?? Good grief!

Best Afternoon Tea at sea - Cunard

Second Best - P&O

Unranked - everyone else.

Regards,

Cublet

Viking does a wonderful formal tea every afternoon.  30+ varieties of tea plus pastries &  savories accompanied by live music (cellist or duet).  Always well attended

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, AbbyCruiser45 said:

When I sailed Edge in 2021 it was listed as "snacks" from 4-5 and that was the tea time. There were scones, clotted cream, etc. I think it is just dependent on the ships. I had family sail Edge and Equinox within months of each other in 2022 and Edge had the "snacks" listed and Equinox did not, and had nothing besides pizza in the buffet at that time. 

I am crossing my fingers because hubby and I always liked to get a scone or sometimes they had mini empanadas. I'll keep y'all posted late next week.

On Equinox last October- no scones. 

On Apex now, last leg of B2B. Scones available, both plain and raisin, every day except boarding day. First day on ship asked OVC manager about scones, since we didn’t have them on Equinox. He said “what is snack time without scones”.  Plenty of cream, clotted cream, and jam. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, cruisegirlppp said:

I noticed on our last Celebrity cruise that they had done away with the special tea "event" for Elite and above. We really enjoyed that (after I convinced my husband to give it a try) and was sorry to see it eliminated.

Another cut back, good grief. 

The best and elegant Afternoon tea is on Viking Ocean.  Over 40 types of tea offered, a tower of sandwiches and sweets brought to your table, warm scones are served, as well as various cocktails, plus a live string quartet or some other live music!!!   Now that's an elegant High Tea and it's attended by hundreds.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, scidee said:

The best and elegant Afternoon tea is on Viking Ocean.  Over 40 types of tea offered, a tower of sandwiches and sweets brought to your table, warm scones are served, as well as various cocktails, plus a live string quartet or some other live music!!!   Now that's an elegant High Tea and it's attended by hundreds.

I'd skip lunch or dinner for that afternoon tea!  🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cruisegirlppp said:

I noticed on our last Celebrity cruise that they had done away with the special tea "event" for Elite and above. We really enjoyed that (after I convinced my husband to give it a try) and was sorry to see it eliminated.

The Formal Brunch at sea as well.

On 1/26/2023 at 10:03 AM, newtocruiseinblue said:

Holland America serves afternoon tea in their main dining room. 

Princess does as well. Probably nothing like Cunard with afternoon tea in Queens Room with a string quartet, but better than nothing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, scidee said:

Seabourn also do a very nice afternoon tea, similar to this description.