Why is Carnival Spirit arriving in New Orleans on Oct 5 2023 but leaving from Mobile on Oct 6?

BadDog34

I so very much wanted to do a back to back on the Sept 19 repositioning cruise from Seattle and ending in New Orleans on Oct 5, 2023.  But unfortunately, I cannot find a B2B on Oct 5.  What I found is the Spirit is relocating to Mobile after disembarking their passengers on Oct 5 in New Orleans.  That means there is zero chance of doing a B2B on Spirit where the first cruise ends in New Orleans.  Why would Carnival eliminate any chance of B2B for Spirit?  It's a 2 1/2 drive from New Orleans to Mobile.  

Color me one frustrated Carnival cruiser.

It’s too bad they don’t offer the cruise with debarkation in NOLA or Mobile, but no embarkation in NOLA.  As long as no one embarked in NOLA, it would not violate the PVSA.  But all of the cruise lines do it.  Those that relocate from Miami to FLL, or Port Canaveral to Miami…. EM

6 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

It’s too bad they don’t offer the cruise with debarkation in NOLA or Mobile, but no embarkation in NOLA.  As long as no one embarked in NOLA, it would not violate the PVSA.  But all of the cruise lines do it.  Those that relocate from Miami to FLL, or Port Canaveral to Miami…. EM

What are the itineraries on these relocation cruises from miami to fll or port canaveral to miami?

On 1/29/2023 at 5:17 PM, Essiesmom said:

You are correct that Carnival could offer a choice of disembarkation ports, but it comes with the risk of one option severely underselling.

Carnival has always sailed empty between Miami and Fort Lauderdale, it is literally only a few hours' sail. I believe they have done the same between other Florida ports, as the only way to make the itinerary legal is to call at a distant foreign port (i.e. South America).

I also would anticipate a substantial crew change in New Orleans.

23 hours ago, dolphinsfan246 said:

Because it’s a repositioning cruise , every passenger disembarking the ship will likely be flying somewhere. New Orleans has the far superior airport for that situation. Imagine dumping a shipload of people in Mobile with their airline options 😬

My thoughts exactly.  When we first booked this cruise, the ship was the Freedom and the final destination port was Miami.  They have since changed the ship to the Spirit and the final destination to New Orleans.  I have flown from both Mobile and New Orleans and there are many more flight options without connecting from New Orleans.  If they had changed to Mobile, we would have cancelled.