Mera YC deck 16 cabin question

L1211

I secured the last cabin on deck 16 for our March sailing of the Mera in just a few weeks.  There were no Deck 18 cabins available, but several on 14 and 15.  I picked 16 for proximity to the YC lounge.  Assuming we’re just a quick walk up to dining. But, 16004 is just one cabins away from the entrance to the lounge. Per the floor plan, the piano is at the opposite entrance, but how loud might the lounge be late into the evening?  Any noise concerns for 16004? Should I consider deck 15? Thank you well heeled YC experts! 

We had a cabin in that exact location. The top sail lounge is generally very quiet. We definitely didn't hear any noise at all. 

We loved the location for access to said lounge, as there's a door into it just at the end of the corridor. It's also a very short walk to the concierge and stairs up to the restaurant and pool. 

If we booked Meraviglia again, I'd certainly aim to be in the same location. 

4 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

We had a cabin in that exact location. The top sail lounge is generally very quiet. We definitely didn't hear any noise at all. 

We loved the location for access to said lounge, as there's a door into it just at the end of the corridor. It's also a very short walk to the concierge and stairs up to the restaurant and pool. 

If we booked Meraviglia again, I'd certainly aim to be in the same location. 

Yay!  Concerned me a bit- it was the only one available on 16, but I liked the location.  Another question- what are lounge hours? We’ll keep 16004 in good shape for you.  

I had 16004 on two sailings. Zero noise, very quiet, no traffic in that area and no noise from the Top Sail lounge. On one of those sailings our friends stayed next to us in 16002 and they said it was quiet in their cabin as well. BTW, there is a door to the lounge right outside the cabin with a "Staff Only" sign. I asked, and the butler said there was no problem with me using that access door. It came in handy for quick trips back to the cabin.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, orangemini said:

I had 16004 on two sailings. Zero noise, very quiet, no traffic in that area and no noise from the Top Sail lounge. On one of those sailings our friends stayed next to us in 16002 and they said it was quiet in their cabin as well. BTW, there is a door to the lounge right outside the cabin with a "Staff Only" sign. I asked, and the butler said there was no problem with me using that access door. It came in handy for quick trips back to the cabin.

Thank you Orangemini, I didn’t realize there was a door from the deck plans.  That’s helpful! 

3 hours ago, L1211 said:

Yay!  Concerned me a bit- it was the only one available on 16, but I liked the location.  Another question- what are lounge hours? We’ll keep 16004 in good shape for you.  

Officially it's 6am through 2am. That said, if there's nothing doing by 1am....and there rarely is.....they tend to do a quiet close!

We had 16002 on our December cruise and loved the location. Never heard any outside noises from the door or lounge. I think we were the only ones using the door to the lounge. We would definitely take that cabin again. 

CF3BBFEE-1E1F-4BEC-9EEA-C2D5BD02DBD1.jpeg

• Like 1

As you noted, Deck 16 in YC is the most popular deck.
It’s proximity to the lounge without having to take stairs or elevator. 

Almost all of YC, on Meraviglia, is very quiet. ( unless one has neighbors who like to “party” early into the morning) 

2 hours ago, jcpc said:

Is there an elevator that goes to Deck 19 or must you use stairs?

YC has its own elevator that provides service to all of YC  on Meraviglia. 
Older ships with YC have restaurant at aft of ship..YC is forward.

• Thanks 1