Izumi Sushi Ultimate Dining Change

HSDerm348

5 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

Sorry i know this is an old thread, but i am looking for some clarity. If i make a reservation at the restaurant can i still get the sushi a la carte at dinner and will there be 8 pieces of sushi? (I don't have udp).

Yes.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

Thanks. That's great! I'm going to try and go the sail away day to Izumi. 

I think the reservation is for the set price izumi. 39.99 onboard. Not for the ala carte. I could be wrong. When I make a reservation it charges me for the set price menu. 

I dont think you make reservations for ala carte. 

I reserved Izumi for the first night through the CP when it was on sale for $28.99 (plus tip).  It was not part of any dining package.  My son, nephew & brother were able to order both ways.  Two ordered ala carte & one ordered the prie fixe menu.  Everything they ordered was covered and they were stuffed!

Edited by poocher
  • Like 1

Ten cruises since the "change" and multiple different experiences.  We have done 3 night, UDP, BOGO and Discounted package onboard as well as just booking the restaurant a la carte. Each time we ordered the same - 2 appies, 4 rolls, no desert. In the earlier cruises, sometimes we received 4 piece, sometimes 8 piece rolls - no rhyme or reason it seemed. But by the later cruises, we were getting 4 pieces.

On the last one, I asked to chat with the manager of Izumi to try and understand.  He explained that any package pre-purchase (UDP, 3 night, 5 night or BOGO) would receive 4 piece rolls.  The only way to receive 8 now was to order a la carte and pay menu pricing. I agree with one of the earlier posters - 4 seems too small, 8 seems too much (although we never left anything on the plates 😎)

We're back out again next month, and will test this again as Izumi is our favorite.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, watcher_62 said:

Ten cruises since the "change" and multiple different experiences.  We have done 3 night, UDP, He explained that any package pre-purchase (UDP, 3 night, 5 night or BOGO) would receive 4 piece rolls.  The only way to receive 8 now was to order a la carte and pay menu pricing.

Thanks for this information.  This is pretty much what I had assumed, but never had it verified.  I think this is what we can expect from now on.  Kinda slimy...

1 minute ago, RFerrington said:

Thanks for this information.  This is pretty much what I had assumed, but never had it verified.  I think this is what we can expect from now on.  Kinda slimy...

Well, the "explanation" was that they were throwing away a lot of food because the servings were too large, which I could relate to given our struggle to get through 4 8 piece rolls (especially the Futomaki which is a beast!).  But reducing the size to half is heavy handed and clearly a cost cutting exercise.

That being said, we still enjoy it and if we're still hungry we add 1 more roll a la carte😄

• Like 1

Just now, watcher_62 said:

Well, the "explanation" was that they were throwing away a lot of food because the servings were too large, which I could relate to given our struggle to get through 4 8 piece rolls (especially the Futomaki which is a beast!).  But reducing the size to half is heavy handed and clearly a cost cutting exercise.

That being said, we still enjoy it and if we're still hungry we add 1 more roll a la carte😄

Agree, 6 would have been a ok cut but half is too much. So many posted 8 was too much, they took it to heart, and cut too much. I have 4 izumi bookings, and plan to ask for bogo, see how it goes. At worst I keep what I booked. I can see why people say do ala carte. I can do one set price, and cancel the rest and do ala carte. I was just making it easier.  

I had the UDP on the Wonder earlier this month and, out of fear of reprising the odyssey experience where I could only get pre fixe, I decided to order carry out.

The waitress asked how many people I was feeding and what rolls I really liked and she gave us enough 4 pc sushi carry out orders to make a meal!  It was great.  Slow.  But great!  Ate it on our balcony.

I’m still confused how i do a la carte if i pay for price fixed. Are you saying i cancel there and do a la carte. And i guess i could always order 2 mains to get more value? However sounds like with a la carte you still get 4 pieces.

4 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

I’m still confused how i do a la carte if i pay for price fixed. Are you saying i cancel there and do a la carte. And i guess i could always order 2 mains to get more value? However sounds like with a la carte you still get 4 pieces.

What I read above is someone booked fixed price ...and someone else with her ordered ala carte. I've had friends do that. ..theyndid not cancel the fixed price .. someone with them ordered the ala carte. 

It says above ala carte, full price per item you get 8 pieces. 

1 hour ago, watcher_62 said:

He explained that any package pre-purchase (UDP, 3 night, 5 night or BOGO) would receive 4 piece rolls. 

The only way to receive 8 now was to order a la carte and pay menu pricing.  

2 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

Sorry i just saw biker’s post i can drop in. However i don’t know i want to go if its 4 pieces sushi although i guess i could get a main and appetizer. Would it be cheaper than price fixed to do that?

Says order per item which is $13 to $16 as I remember and you get 8.

10 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

Sorry i just saw biker’s post i can drop in. However i don’t know i want to go if its 4 pieces sushi although i guess i could get a main and appetizer. Would it be cheaper than price fixed to do that?

You can see prices in the app