All inclusive drink package

toddspokane

We just booked the Apex and the cruise included thebstandard drink package.  If we order a $15 drink and ask them to substitute a cheaper vodka in the same drink will they do it?  Seems like that makes more sense than paying more?

You should always specify what brand of liquor you want otherwise you will get well brand.  

The pricing of drinks is based on the liquor used.  if you have the Classic package your drink would be made with the liquors in the Classic package.

If you are thinking of the drinks unique to the World Class Bar or Martini bar I don’t believe they will make them with other brands of liquor.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, toddspokane said:

We just booked the Apex and the cruise included thebstandard drink package.  If we order a $15 drink and ask them to substitute a cheaper vodka in the same drink will they do it?  Seems like that makes more sense than paying more?

Stick to beer, far simpler 😂. Shame they don’t do any English ales

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They will not and cannot make the signature cocktails at the Eden  or Martini bars using classic spirits.  

You  may be able to bribe them with a fantastic tip but it would be better to pay the upgrade and get the real thing than jeopardizing their job and also getting an inferior product. Or pay the upgrade difference of a few dollars.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And just to let you know, there is a new rule that if one person in the cabin decides to upgrade to the premium package, then both cabin occupants must do it.  

The price difference used to be 10 bucks, plus 20% gratuity or 12 bucks a day for one person to upgrade.  The difference is now 20 bucks a day, plus gratuity or 24 a day times two or 48.  So what used to be a reasonable 12 a day for one to upgrade is now an unreasonable 48 for both to upgrade.  Unless you have a ton of OBC to burn, you won't be able to consume any drinks at Eden or the World Class Bar without paying the upcharge per drink if you don't pay the package upgrade.

Edited by CruizinSusan70
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, miched said:

They will not and cannot make the signature cocktails at the Eden  or Martini bars using classic spirits.  

Same goes for the 'World Class' bar, they simply don't have the other spirits there, and as a franchise they are tightly restricted to only make the approved cocktails using the approved components.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

And just to let you know, there is a new rule that if one person in the cabin decides to upgrade to the premium package, then both cabin occupants must do it.  

When did this new rule come in to place? I have always upgraded my classic package - since I like to try the upgraded cocktails - whilst my husband is happy to stick with his classic package. If it now has to be both of us it will be neither so they lose out on a sale

Edited by Bobal

5 minutes ago, Bobal said:

When did this new rule come in to place. I only asked the question on this board a few days ago about whether one person only could still upgrade and was told they still could

I just upgraded last month for an upcoming August sailing and my wife didn't.  If this new rule does go into effect, it would be cheaper to just pay the difference + grat.

• Like 1

We're coming back to Celebrity after sailing on RCL for several years, and we're in the same boat concerning the new rule about everyone 21+ in the same cabin must upgrade to the same drink package.

We currently have classic, but the premium list is really where DH's preferences are while I don't drink at all. 

Any chance X will shift to RCL's policy that only requires some level of drink package for all 21+ pax in the same cabin? 

Our cruise isn't until 2024, so I'm hopeful for time will help on this. 

45 minutes ago, powelweb said:

Any chance X will shift to RCL's policy that only requires some level of drink package for all 21+ pax in the same cabin? 

Considering Celebrity only changed their policy this month to require all 21+ to have same package, I wouldn't hold my breath.  Prior to this, December, you could buy for one.  The only way I could see this happening is if in time the math doesn't work in Celebrity's favour and they determine they lost $$ instead of gained by this decision change.

38 minutes ago, powelweb said:

We're coming back to Celebrity after sailing on RCL for several years, and we're in the same boat concerning the new rule about everyone 21+ in the same cabin must upgrade to the same drink package.

We currently have classic, but the premium list is really where DH's preferences are while I don't drink at all. 

On paper, Royal Caribbean's policy is that all guest 21 or over needs to purchase the deluxe beverage package if one person wants it.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/does-everyone-need-to-buy-the-deluxe-beverage-package

I'm aware that Royal Caribbean has been accommodating requests where one person has the DBP and the other, the refreshment package.  I'd hope that Celebrity will similarly allow one person with the premium package while the other has classic.  However, it's explicitly stated in Celebrity's recently updated FAQ that all guests on the reservation must upgrade if one person wishes to do so.

(Last question on the page linked below)

https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/beverage-packages

It'll be interesting to see how this change shakes out over time.  I'm certainly glad they didn't remove the classic beverage package option and offer only a single high cost alcoholic beverage package like Royal Caribbean does.  My guess is that they are going to have less overall sales of beverage packages as a result of the price increases and the new "all must buy" rule.

The fact of the matter is people do try to "game" the system by purchasing a single package to share between them.  We met a couple doing this on our last cruise.  I could be wrong, but they must have discovered enough people doing this that led them to institute this rule.  It sucks for the honest people, but there will always be folks trying to exploit the system. 

• Like 1