Zoom internet

MAILMAN

It's cheaper to do 1 person, 4 devices. It's very easy to switch.

You can actively log out of 1 device before logging into another (logout.com or something). or you can simply log in on the next device, and it will tell you that you are already at the max, and if you confirm, then it will randomly kick off one of the other devices. (oldest connected maybe??)

Have one person buy all the device plans it's much cheaper.  My fourth device on Navigator was $5 per day.  I'm not sure if it was just us, but we had issues setting up the device accounts and had to go to the Voom desk (total zoo) to get it straightened out for DW.  I think when I logged on, since I bought all the devices, I should have set them all up.  There was an option for me to do that, but DW wanted to do her own and it was a mess.  When our cruise was extended for one day due to a medical emergency my account automatically extended for the extra day and hers didn't.  

27 minutes ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

I'm not sure if it was just us, but we had issues setting up the device accounts and had to go to the Voom desk (total zoo) to get it straightened out for DW.  I think when I logged on, since I bought all the devices, I should have set them all up.  There was an option for me to do that, but DW wanted to do her own and it was a mess.  When our cruise was extended for one day due to a medical emergency my account automatically extended for the extra day and hers didn't.  

Very similar happened to us - my husband needed it for work and we added on additional lines for the rest of us, but I made the mistake of putting it in his name (when I'm the planner in the family). He did something when he first got on that bypassed setting up the account and then when he tried to intentionally do it later, it wouldn't work and we had to get a lot of extra help from one of the tech people. Once the account was working, then we didn't have problems with it (well, not big problems at least...).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MAILMAN said:

Have 3 grandkids, can u use more then one device at a time?

Even with a one device plan you can have any number of devices use that plan but, only one at a time. You, your spouse, your 3 grandkids can all log on with a phone and a tablet but only one device amongst all of you can be logged on at a time. You could share your code with every passenger on the ship and they could all use your account but only one person/device at a time.

Edited by cruiseguy1016

12 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Even with a one device plan you can have any number of devices use that plan but, only one at a time. You, your spouse, your 3 grandkids can all log on with a phone and a tablet but only one device amongst all of you can be logged on at a time. You could share your code with every passenger on the ship and they could all use your account but only one person/device at a time.

This was why I asked if they all needed to be active at once. 

We only buy one plan one device because we don’t generally need to be on at the same time. We can log on, separately, from multiple devices.

What. I really need is for 4 people to be on at one time, looks like it is cheaper for 1 plan 4 devices if u can’t be on all at once there is no need to purchase more device option correct, thanks for your help I’m just a little confused lol

I think those of us that have tried to answer the question(s) have done that but I'll add a little more to help clarify. You can share your log-in information with as many people/devices as you like. If you buy a 1 device package, only one device can be logged on at a time. If you buy a 2-device package, any 2 devices can be logged on at the same time. A 3-device package? Any 3 devices at the time. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MAILMAN said:

What. I really need is for 4 people to be on at one time, looks like it is cheaper for 1 plan 4 devices if u can’t be on all at once there is no need to purchase more device option correct, thanks for your help I’m just a little confused lol

If you need 4 people/devices logged on at the same time, Your best option is to buy the one person-4 device package. That will save you money and allow all four people to be logged on at the same time.

Does this answer your question? If not, ask some more. We'll get it figured out for you.

Edited by cruiseguy1016

When buying a multi-device package, all devices will use the same username and password. 

Make sure that the person who purchases the package under their name in the Cruise Planner is also the same person that initially connects on board the ship. 

After connecting to the "Ship Guest" network, they'll need to create an account using the "First time here?" section:

Screenshot_20230130-185236.thumb.png.068498ec0f5d0587e321eb7f6ae48e66.png

They will need to enter their first name (as it's listed on the cruise documents, so "William" instead of "Bill"), year of birth (YYYY), stateroom number (it says Deck & Stateroom but you enter it as your complete stateroom number, not two separate numbers), then create a username and enter a PIN.  MAKE SURE BOTH THE USER NAME AND THE PIN ARE SOMETHING THAT EVERY PERSON WILL BE ABLE TO REMEMBER!!!

This is not your banking log-in, it doesn't need to include an uppercase letter, lowercase letter, number, and special symbol -- make it something easy, like a pet's name or your street name.  Same with the PIN -- four digits that everyone will remember, like the last four numbers of your phone number, or the address of your house.  Or even 1234!  Nobody's going to do a deep dive on the dark web and hack into your Voom connection.  Simple is the name of the game here.

Screenshot_20230130-185258.thumb.png.c761c14e55f714096d4e459b1a0c4a25.png

Once the account is created, everyone will use the "Sign in to Internet account" link at the top of the page (above the "First time here?" link) after they connect to the "Ship-Guest" network, and then on the next page they enter the Username and PIN.  

Screenshot_20230130-185316.thumb.png.ac83ddb6b6bf6046d885abf4b204a48f.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, brillohead said:

When buying a multi-device package, all devices will use the same username and password. 

Make sure that the person who purchases the package under their name in the Cruise Planner is also the same person that initially connects on board the ship. 

After connecting to the "Ship Guest" network, they'll need to create an account using the "First time here?" section:

Screenshot_20230130-185236.thumb.png.068498ec0f5d0587e321eb7f6ae48e66.png

They will need to enter their first name (as it's listed on the cruise documents, so "William" instead of "Bill"), year of birth (YYYY), stateroom number (it says Deck & Stateroom but you enter it as your complete stateroom number, not two separate numbers), then create a username and enter a PIN.  MAKE SURE BOTH THE USER NAME AND THE PIN ARE SOMETHING THAT EVERY PERSON WILL BE ABLE TO REMEMBER!!!

This is not your banking log-in, it doesn't need to include an uppercase letter, lowercase letter, number, and special symbol -- make it something easy, like a pet's name or your street name.  Same with the PIN -- four digits that everyone will remember, like the last four numbers of your phone number, or the address of your house.  Or even 1234!  Nobody's going to do a deep dive on the dark web and hack into your Voom connection.  Simple is the name of the game here.

Screenshot_20230130-185258.thumb.png.c761c14e55f714096d4e459b1a0c4a25.png

Once the account is created, everyone will use the "Sign in to Internet account" link at the top of the page (above the "First time here?" link) after they connect to the "Ship-Guest" network, and then on the next page they enter the Username and PIN.  

Screenshot_20230130-185316.thumb.png.ac83ddb6b6bf6046d885abf4b204a48f.png

This should be a sticky!

• Thanks 1

On 1/30/2023 at 11:21 AM, MAILMAN said:

Is it better to purchase one person 4 devices or 4 separate plans and how easy is it to change devices. Thanks 

Also- many people can share a 1 device plan, they just can’t be online at the same time.  It is not breaking a rule.  My husband and I have done this for years.