Paradise Beach Club - Opinion?

llarsen

Hi,

We have never been to Paradise Beach Club (or any beach club in Cozumel)

We will be in Cozumel the end of February on a cruise. We have booked the ships Catamaran tour but now are thinking of just heading to a beach club, since the catamaran gets us back to port about 1:00, allowing only have a few hours to go to a beach after it.

Is the water at Paradise nice and calm or dirty and full of seaweed?

We are not looking for a party scene and just want to relax, swim and have some drinks and good food.

Would you recommend Nachi Cocom or Mr Sanchos over Paradise Beach Club or just stick with the ships Catamaran Sail?

Would you book reservation or take a chance and see if PAYG is available that day?

If seaweed is affecting Paradise Beach is will also be affecting all of the other beach clubs - they are lined up along the same side of the island.

If you don't care about the inflatable toys and HUGE pool at Paradise Beach, then Nachi might be a better fit for you. Limited occupancy (under 130 guests per day), good food/drinks/service.  

Only Paradise and Sanchos will offer a PAYG option, and then only if they have space available.  If you do not need a sandy beach look at the Money Bar - no admission fee, PAYG, good snorkeling from the shore (you enter the water via steps), and lots of lounge chairs and room for sunning/relaxing.

• Thanks 1

I believe Paradise has eliminated the PAYG option - however they may offer a discount if you're arriving later in the day - maybe reach out and see what they say?

We were there in December and the water was spectacular - but it wasn't seaweed season (you're probably fine at end of Feb too).   We had a tremendous day and everyone in our party (aged 11 - 75) had a great day of food, drinks, beach, water.   

• Like 1

My husband seems to be leaning toward cancelling the catamaran tour and booking our day at Paradise Beach Club. 

That way we have the pool, loungers, food and drink, and if the ocean is nice we can take a swim there too.

I just hope it doesn't rain.

6 hours ago, llarsen said:

My husband seems to be leaning toward cancelling the catamaran tour and booking our day at Paradise Beach Club. 

That way we have the pool, loungers, food and drink, and if the ocean is nice we can take a swim there too.

Paradise beach for adults and kids is well worth it. Believe adults are now 69, but the food is fresh and the drinks are good, plus the pool is great 

• Thanks 1

On 2/2/2023 at 8:58 AM, llarsen said:

If it rains, it definitely won't last long.  It never does.  Paradise Beach is the my go to place, always.  You can't go wrong.  The pool is fabulous, the food is yummy, the staff is great, the grounds are beautiful, the bathrooms are always clean.  

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, camijo said:

If it rains, it definitely won't last long.  It never does.  Paradise Beach is the my go to place, always.  You can't go wrong.  The pool is fabulous, the food is yummy, the staff is great, the grounds are beautiful, the bathrooms are always clean.  

Agree! Can’t go wrong there! Pool is wonderful, kids stay busy on inflatable water toys, cheep jet ski rentals! Food is good and made to order, and service is also excellent. Go there every time we stop in Cozumel 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

@wolft927Can you tell me approximately how much the jet ski rentals are at Paradise Beach and did you notice if there was a weight limit?  We will have some pretty big guys in our party.  We haven't been there in many years and they did not have the jet ski rentals when we were there. Thanks for the information.

On 2/15/2023 at 12:30 PM, Djsmrs said:

Jetski's are usually around $65 - for 30 or 60 minutes, I can't remember.

And they will have weight limits - typically around 275 for one person - this is for safety reasons.

Last time we negotiated it to about $50 or $55 for about 35 or 40 minutes. But they will also give you a break if you rent multiple jets skis at one time 

42 minutes ago, saltshell said:

I recommend Barcello Occidental. All inclusive, adult and family pools. Downside, must walk from check-in to pool area but beautiful landscaping. Found through shore excursions daypass site 

+1 

Agree although I haven’t been since bought out by Barcelo. I am surprised day passes don’t get more exposure on CC but at least it keeps them quieter.

Also agree it is a long walk and not for people with mobility problems.