Saint Greg's Magic Super Bowl cruise - Live - February 11-19

Saint Greg

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

One new home port for me (Mobile) and four new ports for me (Aruba, Bonaire, Curaçao, Bimini).

It all sounds awesome, great ports!

I can't remember if you've mentioned it...do you snorkel?  If so, Woodwind Bonaire is good.  You can walk to their office from the port, down the street to the right.  

https://www.woodwindbonaire.com/

We got a day pass for Aruba, nice resort.  https://www.shoreexcursioneer.com/aruba/barcelo-resort-day-pass-all-inclusive.html

We snorkeled in Curacao too, really good if you're interested, had a driver take us to Playa Lagun.  (She only takes minimum of 4 tho sorry.)  Then had lunch there at the Bahia Beach Bar up above. 

https://www.bahia-apartments.com/

Curacao is a great port for walking too - head off the ship to the right and like someone mentioned you can walk thru a shopping area/small fort and across the floating bridge into town. When you come back to the ship, there are vendors set up along the walkway, you can grab a last minute beer.  :)  

Playa Lagun

image.png.eece53236c00372614151b17ce7a552e.png

Beach Bar up the stairs

image.png.f7d74f40df50584bcf592ab2e9f962c9.png

Local brew...

image.png.72b8252c09744b8d35a361ad19dd8905.png

• Like 9

I’m zone 1. They asked to start a line for pre-boarding. Everyone gets in line. It’s supposed to be people who need assistance, women with small children and active/retired military. There’s like 50 people in line. They’re going to take my overhead space.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, cruisin*tigger said:

It all sounds awesome, great ports!

I can't remember if you've mentioned it...do you snorkel?  If so, Woodwind Bonaire is good.  You can walk to their office from the port, down the street to the right.  

https://www.woodwindbonaire.com/

We got a day pass for Aruba, nice resort.  https://www.shoreexcursioneer.com/aruba/barcelo-resort-day-pass-all-inclusive.html

We snorkeled in Curacao too, really good if you're interested, had a driver take us to Playa Lagun.  (She only takes minimum of 4 tho sorry.)  Then had lunch there at the Bahia Beach Bar up above. 

https://www.bahia-apartments.com/

Curacao is a great port for walking too - head off the ship to the right and like someone mentioned you can walk thru a shopping area/small fort and across the floating bridge into town. When you come back to the ship, there are vendors set up along the walkway, you can grab a last minute beer.  :)  

Playa Lagun

image.png.eece53236c00372614151b17ce7a552e.png

Beach Bar up the stairs

image.png.f7d74f40df50584bcf592ab2e9f962c9.png

Local brew...

image.png.72b8252c09744b8d35a361ad19dd8905.png

We love the Barcelo Aruba and have been there several times. We'll be covering it again on our current review. Saint Greg usually likes to take a tour the first time he visits a port. I have recommended the North Coast Jeep Safari. :classic_cool:

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I’m zone 1. They asked to start a line for pre-boarding. Everyone gets in line. It’s supposed to be people who need assistance, women with small children and active/retired military. There’s like 50 people in line. They’re going to take my overhead space.

That’s really not fair.  Do the gate agents allow anyone who chooses to line up to have priority boarding?  Seems to me if you paid for your carryon you should have guaranteed space for it.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I got my bag in but not by much. I don’t know why people further back want their stuff in the front. I always want it as close to me as possible.

I guess they see an open spot and put their bags there, not knowing what’s available further back.  My go-to airline is Delta, and I like to fly Comfort+.  I like that the overhead bins in that section say they are reserved for passengers in Comfort+.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, nwcruiselover said:

I guess they see an open spot and put their bags there, not knowing what’s available further back.  My go-to airline is Delta, and I like to fly Comfort+.  I like that the overhead bins in that section say they are reserved for passengers in Comfort+.

I would always try to get the one above my seat or closest to it. Putting things in the first bin when you don’t sit there just doesn’t make sense to me.

• Like 17

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Guy comes up to the bar and orders a whiskey sour. He requests the cheapest brand of whiskey and says no sour. Bartender thinks he said light on the sour. He brings the drink. The guy says "Is that sour?" Yeah. "I said I didn't want any sour." So you just want a whiskey on the rocks? "Yeah." Why didn't you order that? "I did."

Way back in my younger days I worked at Jack in the Box. The number of people who’d come in and order a cheeseburger with no cheese was startlingly high. 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 16

3 hours ago, kelkel2 said:

In the future, you could have tried to get a day room at the hotel in the airport. Not sure what it would have cost, but they do offer them. You could have at least gotten a nap in! 

Good to know for my late departure, will have to check it out, thanks🙂

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Andi Land said:

Way back in my younger days I worked at Jack in the Box. The number of people who’d come in and order a cheeseburger with no cheese was startlingly high. 😂

Is this why when I order a jumbo jack, that states is comes with cheese, they always ask if I want cheese?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Andi Land said:

My ex-husband liked tomato sandwiches.  He went to a Subway and ordered a tomato sandwich and was told they don’t have tomato sandwiches.  He then ordered a turkey sandwich, extra tomatoes and veggies, hold the turkey.  It worked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, nwcruiselover said:

My ex-husband liked tomato sandwiches.  He went to a Subway and ordered a tomato sandwich and was told they don’t have tomato sandwiches.  He then ordered a turkey sandwich, extra tomatoes and veggies, hold the turkey.  It worked.

That reminds me of Jack Nicholson in a scene in Five Easy Pieces.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2