Drink package with kids

LynnSD

We will be on the Discovery with kids 7 & 9.   We have Princess Plus, but not a separate package for the girls.   Can we get them drinks, smoothies etc when we order, or do we need to purchase packages for them?    Or just pay as we go…..
thanks.  

27 minutes ago, LynnSD said:

We will be on the Discovery with kids 7 & 9.   We have Princess Plus, but not a separate package for the girls.   Can we get them drinks, smoothies etc when we order, or do we need to purchase packages for them?    Or just pay as we go…..
thanks.  

Technically you are not supposed to share the package drinks with them.  If you get a smoothie or other drink, walk away from the bar and hand it to them Im pretty sure no one will know or care.  If you want to be "by the book" just pay as you go...buying a package for them will not be worth the price.

• Like 1

We are buying our kids soda packages. 

I am very not comfortable breaking the rules and sharing with them.

I like being able to tell them they can have anything they want that is included and letting them choose.  (That way I don't have to worry about what they are spending, they get mocktails when they want them, etc.)

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, ChemistBabe said:

We are buying our kids soda packages. 

I am very not comfortable breaking the rules and sharing with them.

I like being able to tell them they can have anything they want that is included and letting them choose.  (That way I don't have to worry about what they are spending, they get mocktails when they want them, etc.)

Also if you got busted for getting drinks for the kids you could lose your package as well. 

I see people recommending the soda packages.  Do these include smoothies or some type of juices?  I know some other cruise lines include "specialty non alcoholic drinks" but I see no such package being offered for my cruise.

38 minutes ago, kilili said:

I see people recommending the soda packages.  Do these include smoothies or some type of juices?  I know some other cruise lines include "specialty non alcoholic drinks" but I see no such package being offered for my cruise.

This is what I found a few weeks back while researching the different drink packages to determine if the Plus Fare was too much of a splurge for us.  It is copied from Princess' website.  Hope it helps....

CLASSIC SODA PACKAGE

• The package includes all, fountain sodas, fresh juices (if available), mocktails, and smoothies as per the menu.
  • The package includes one souvenir tumbler based on availability and while supplies last.
  • The package may be used on our Private Islands and all onboard Food and Beverage Venues and other areas such as the Theater or public spaces that offer beverage service. Selections and service are limited to that venue’s menu offerings and operating hours.

The Classic Soda Package is USD $12.99 per day plus 18% service charge (totaling $15.32 per day) for all itineraries except Australia.

ZERO-ALCOHOL PACKAGE

• The package includes all specialty or premium coffees and teas, hot chocolate, fountain sodas, fresh juices and healthy smoothies (juice bar), bottled water, Frappes at Coffee & Cones, mocktails, and smoothies as per the menu, Red Bull Energy Drink and Milk Shakes (if available).
  • The package provides a 25% discount on the following excluded items: canned items such as soda or bottled juices (if available).
  • The package may be used on our Private Islands and all onboard Food and Beverage Venues and other areas such as the Theater or public spaces that offer beverage service. Selections and service are limited to that venue’s menu offerings and operating hours.

Package Details and Qualifications

• There is no age restriction for purchase of the Zero-Alcohol Package.

The Zero-Alcohol Package is USD $39.99 per day plus 18% service charge (totaling $47.19 per day) for all itineraries except Australia.

• 5 months later...

Hi 🙋‍♀️

I'm trying to figure out, if my 5yo child and I should get bewerage packages, but I can't seem to find single bewerage prices on Princess Cruises to compare. Does this type of overview exsist somewhere? 

My child will mostly be drinking water (bottled) and milk, does the Soda package include this?

Greatful for any tip, thank you.

34 minutes ago, DKcruiser7 said:

Hi 🙋‍♀️

I'm trying to figure out, if my 5yo child and I should get bewerage packages, but I can't seem to find single bewerage prices on Princess Cruises to compare. Does this type of overview exsist somewhere? 

My child will mostly be drinking water (bottled) and milk, does the Soda package include this?

Greatful for any tip, thank you.

I can answer part of your questions....Natural Spring Water is $2.50 (500 ml) or $5.00 (1.5 lt) if you don't have a package.  If you want bottled water, the cheaper option is to order it pre-cruise and they'll deliver it to your cabin all at once.  Sodas are $2.50 for cans or $2.00 for fountain drinks.  I'm not positive about milk.    I think it is free at breakfast.  The only time we ordered it was with breakfast room service.  You can always order extra for later in the day and store it in your mini-fridge. The prices I listed were current on Sky Princess June 2023.

IMG_1097.PNG

IMG_1095.PNG

Edited by TN-Mountains
ETA: Snap shots of Ocean Now Prices
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, TN-Mountains said:

I can answer part of your questions....Natural Spring Water is $2.50 (500 ml) or $5.00 (1.5 lt) if you don't have a package.  If you want bottled water, the cheaper option is to order it pre-cruise and they'll deliver it to your cabin all at once.  Sodas are $2.50 for cans or $2.00 for fountain drinks.  I'm not positive about milk.    I think it is free at breakfast.  The only time we ordered it was with breakfast room service.  You can always order extra for later in the day and store it in your mini-fridge. The prices I listed were current on Sky Princess June 2023.

IMG_1097.PNG

IMG_1095.PNG

Thank you very much, this was really helpfull 👍 At this point there is no option for me to order bewerages in the app. Do you know if pre-cruise order of bottled water will be available closer to departure?

1 minute ago, DKcruiser7 said:

Thank you very much, this was really helpfull 👍 At this point there is no option for me to order bewerages in the app. Do you know if pre-cruise order of bottled water will be available closer to departure?

I don't know if it is available to purchase on the app.  Try logging into the Princess website.  From there, go to "my account" and find your next cruise.  Select "manage this booking".  From there click "Onboard Services"  and scroll down until you see "beverage packages".  Click "view options".  You should find "Stateroom bottled water package" at the bottom of the list.  Looks like it is $7.08 for 12 bottles (500ml).

• Thanks 1

Since I started this thread , we’ve gone on our 7 day Discovery cruise.   We were prepared to pay for our grandkids’ drinks, but we were never charged and no one ever asked about it.  They enjoyed the mocktail drinks ….

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, TN-Mountains said:

IMG_1097.PNG

IMG_1095.PNG

The large water isn't included in the package. 

Milk and juice for children is included at any meal (without beverage package).

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Thanks 1

We also planned to pay as we ordered for our granddaughters on 15 day Hawaii. Never paid for any drinks. Ordered a lot from the bartender at Vines that was missing his daughter. He and his co worker made special smoothies, for free, every time they walked by. An officer took them from us one day in the Piazza and bought them Gelatos. Every night at dinner they head server brought them whatever they wanted to drink. Similar experience June 2022 on Discovery.

• Thanks 1