Please help ?

Cruisegirl6

We booked aqua class for the Beyond for March 19th, we just found out our elderly father in law wants to go with us only the price went up so drastically this evening for aqua class. He is able to get a regular verandah cabin, question, since we are able to dine aqua class, are we allowed to have him as our guest to dine at Blu?  

28 minutes ago, Dar & Bob said:

Just put this out there.  How much is too much?   If he really wants to go and it's within your reach to put him there just do it.  We never know how much time any of us has.   

So very true and thank you for posting that. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

We booked aqua class for the Beyond for March 19th, we just found out our elderly father in law wants to go with us only the price went up so drastically this evening for aqua class. He is able to get a regular verandah cabin, question, since we are able to dine aqua class, are we allowed to have him as our guest to dine at Blu?  

He won't be able to dine with you in Blu.  However, all of you could dine in a Specialty Restaurant, MDR or in the Buffet.  There may be an opportunity for him to upgrade to Aqua in the future.  

Here is something you may want to consider.   You could change your booking to a suite   You could share a suite with him.   Sailing alone he would have to pay double.  All 3 of you could move up to a suite and get all of the perks plus and it may cost less in the long run.   This is for the cruise you are on. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

63D11A9D-1CF6-4B6A-9473-FD233D6FFA29.png

Edited by miched
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I can’t presume to know your circumstances, all I can do is relate from personal experience. My sister and I splurged to take our mother along with us, sharing a higher category of suite to accommodate.  It was a trip we’ll never forget and we still reflect fondly 10 years after her passing.  She had the time of her life and the crew couldn’t do enough for her. 
I wish you only the best on your journey, whatever you decide. 

• Like 4

Keep in mind the dining times, since you are about a month out, he will be probably be assigned late dining which is around 8pm. We were on the Beyond two weeks ago and you couldn't walk up early and get a table. It was almost a full sailing with a huge group (around 400). We tried and were told to come back at 8:15.

You could consider a suite but would he be comfortable on the sofa bed? Just a few things to consider.

Maybe someone can help with this also. If he is a Captains Club member, at some level there is a 1 category upgrade for free.  I haven't used this but my TA did consider it when making our reservations for pricing considerations.  The upgrade to a suite is a great idea depending on the sofa bed concern. 

42 minutes ago, MamaMindy said:

Maybe someone can help with this also. If he is a Captains Club member, at some level there is a 1 category upgrade for free.  I haven't used this but my TA did consider it when making our reservations for pricing considerations.  The upgrade to a suite is a great idea depending on the sofa bed concern. 

The upgrade for Captains Club is paying for a lower category cabin, say an A2, but getting an A1 cabin, it’s a cabin within the same category, not like a balcony cabin to concierge, or aqua class to a suite. It also has to be asked for at the time of booking. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, sunpsyche said:

I can’t presume to know your circumstances, all I can do is relate from personal experience. My sister and I splurged to take our mother along with us, sharing a higher category of suite to accommodate.  It was a trip we’ll never forget and we still reflect fondly 10 years after her passing.  She had the time of her life and the crew couldn’t do enough for her. 
I wish you only the best on your journey, whatever you decide. 

And I am sure that the suite at that time didn’t have all of the perks and accommodations they have today.

A suite on the Beyond  would be a really memorable experience with the designated retreat area that the ship was designed to accommodate.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

1 hour ago, CruisersTimesThree said:

The upgrade for Captains Club is paying for a lower category cabin, say an A2, but getting an A1 cabin, it’s a cabin within the same category, not like a balcony cabin to concierge, or aqua class to a suite. It also has to be asked for at the time of booking. 

Yeah, it's basically a free 'upgrade' from a cabin at the back of the ship to one in the same 'class' normally on the same deck closer to the middle of the ship. The price difference between A1 and A2 for example is normally only $30-50 anyway. 

Sharing a suite might be an idea as pointed out but you have to all decide if you're happy sharing a room and someone sleeping on the sofa bed. 

Otherwise it's a case of checking prices regularly and hoping they come back down or trying a move up bid, but then you won't know until a few days before whether you've been successful. 

I guess another other option is for you to downgrade to a normal veranda cabin (not sure how that works refund wise) and then with the money saved dine in specialty restaurants so you're all eating together. If eating together in the evenings is a priority, which it likely is, then if you're in an AQ cabin while he is a standard veranda cabin and he can't join you in Blu, would you be sacrificing Blu to eat elsewhere with him, in which case there isn't too much point in you staying/paying for AQ?

Good luck 🙂

• Like 3

17 hours ago, miched said:

Here is something you may want to consider.   You could change your booking to a suite   You could share a suite with him.   Sailing alone he would have to pay double.  All 3 of you could move up to a suite and get all of the perks plus and it may cost less in the long run.   This is for the cruise you are on. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

63D11A9D-1CF6-4B6A-9473-FD233D6FFA29.png

That would be perfect but we got a comp with blue chip for our aqua class.  You been so kind, wish that would of worked out, but blue chip probably only give us less than half of that the reason why we didn't even get a sky suite....thanks to covid, but I am back and will level up after this next cruise, thank you.

2 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

That would be perfect but we got a comp with blue chip for our aqua class.  You been so kind, wish that would of worked out, but blue chip probably only give us less than half of that the reason why we didn't even get a sky suite....thanks to covid, but I am back and will level up after this next cruise, thank you.

Can’t you upgrade and pay the difference?   It may be worth looking into.  If you don’t  ask you will never know.  

I know from  experience how great a shared trip with a parent is.    Those memories are priceless.  They give you a lot of  undivided time together

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅