Shy type of person.

thefog

You can email a table request about 2 weeks before your cruise at rcldining@rccl.com. We did that, boarded today and found they had honored our request for a 2 person table along the railing. My husband is also an introvert!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, thefog said:

How do i go about getting a table for 3 in the dining room?My daughter is pretty shy.

Email Royal two weeks before cruise and ask for a table just for your family.  rcldining@rccl.com. Give them your reservation number, ,cabin number, sail date, name and table type request. This only works if you have early or late traditional.  If you have MTD just ask when you show up. 

I am with you.   Dinner will be our time to catch-up as a family and possibly have parent and teen-girl conversations that you don't have in front of strangers.  One thing that I found heartening is to look at the a video of the MDR of the ship.   There were a ton of 4-person tables.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

Upon embarkation send your daughter to the Maitre d' (MD) and have her request a table for three.  You will get an appropriate table when you show for dinner, whether she talks to the MD or not.

Yes, send your shy daughter... silly. One of the parents can do this or all 3 go.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

Upon embarkation send your daughter to the Maitre d' (MD) and have her request a table for three.  You will get an appropriate table when you show for dinner, whether she talks to the MD or not.

If you're talking about assigned dining this is not necessarily true.  The Maitre D can't give them a 4-top if none remain available.

If you're talking about MTD, there may be a wait if you're wanting a private table and not wanting to share with strangers. 

I called up Royal Gifts line to do a little ordering. While the agent had me on the line after I did my business, he asked me all kinds of questions about setting up the bed as together or apart, do I want any of my friends on the cruise linked, and how big of a table do we need and for how many people. Never really had them ask me that before. Pretty interesting. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Email Royal two weeks before cruise and ask for a table just for your family.  rcldining@rccl.com. Give them your reservation number, ,cabin number, sail date, name and table type request. This only works if you have early or late traditional.  If you have MTD just ask when you show up. 

Not true.  I emailed 2 weeks prior to our cruise requesting a table for 2 and had no issue getting it with MTD.  In our small 5 Cruise experience, we have never shared a table.

15 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

We always sail as a family of three and only on smaller ships do we ever not get a table by ourselves.

9 hours ago, Spurschick said:

Did you book direct or through a TA?

The TA (or reservations if booked direct) can note request for table for 4

We are a party of 3 and never had anyone sat with us.

Thanks for this  I was wondering how that worked.  There will be 3 of us sailing next January

• Like 1

I don't know what thefog's plans are.   But since this is important to me, I'll do every option.  

1. It is already noted on our reservations.
  2. Two weeks before I will send the dining email. 
  3. When we embark, I will check out the assigned table.   Luckily we are 4, so if we are on a 4-top we'll be good.  

29 minutes ago, poocher said:

I emailed 2 weeks prior to our cruise requesting a table for 2 and had no issue getting it with MTD.  

You don't need to ask for a table for two ahead of time with MTD - the host at the MTD desk can get you the same thing.

• Like 2