will ascent be the same as beyond

luckyinpa

new to X but have done extensive video research on beyond and im ready to book an edge villa as a retirement present. however then i see ascent coming out and turns out it's just a tiny bit cheaper for the dates i'm looking at.

just wanted to confirm it's going to be just about the same ship. or better.

also i'm going to try to research but will the 900 non refundable deposit be able to be moved to another date or ship (with fee maybe?) or is it truly lost.  with royal i know 100 would get you a change.

Not much info about the Ascent that I have seen.  The Edge, the1st E class and Apex(2nd) are almost identical, just some minor changes. 
The Beyond had some significant changes; improved and larger Sunset Bar, larger Retreat Sun Deck, Luminae moved to Deck 16 with move windows, additional specialty restaurant Le Voyage, larger Martini Bar.  I would guess that the Ascent will be almost identical to the Beyond. 

56 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

also i'm going to try to research but will the 900 non refundable deposit be able to be moved to another date or ship (with fee maybe?) or is it truly lost.  with royal i know 100 would get you a change.

Same as Royal. There is a $100 fee PP for change of ship or sail date.

Here's some published specs

Currently, there is still availability on Celebrity Ascent’s maiden voyage. Prospective passengers can sail onboard in an Inside Stateroom, with two people, for $3,332, including taxes and fees.

The Celebrity Ascent will continue to sail within the Caribbean for the remainder of 2023 once it launches. In April 2024, the ship will embark on a Transatlantic sailing that will visit Portugal and Spain. 

After the Ascent makes its way over to Europe, it will take guests on Mediterranean sailings that will visit regions such as the Italian Riviera and France. In May 2024, the ship will visit destinations such as Greece and Turkey. 

image.thumb.png.9e0777a7c3a43d6250f838e246d44275.png

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Here's some published specs

Currently, there is still availability on Celebrity Ascent’s maiden voyage. Prospective passengers can sail onboard in an Inside Stateroom, with two people, for $3,332, including taxes and fees.

The Celebrity Ascent will continue to sail within the Caribbean for the remainder of 2023 once it launches. In April 2024, the ship will embark on a Transatlantic sailing that will visit Portugal and Spain. 

After the Ascent makes its way over to Europe, it will take guests on Mediterranean sailings that will visit regions such as the Italian Riviera and France. In May 2024, the ship will visit destinations such as Greece and Turkey. 

image.thumb.png.9e0777a7c3a43d6250f838e246d44275.png

There's an obvious typo since the Ascent has the same number of decks as the Beyond. Looking at the deck plans there seems to be only a minor change AGAIN on decks 3 and 4 with the I-Lounge moving back up to deck 4 but COMBINED with the Photo Lounge and The Captain Club and Conceige moving to the former I-Lounge space on deck 3. Otherwise it seems identical to the Beyond. 

20 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

There's an obvious typo since the Ascent has the same number of decks as the Beyond. Looking at the deck plans there seems to be only a minor change AGAIN on decks 3 and 4 with the I-Lounge moving back up to deck 4 but COMBINED with the Photo Lounge and The Captain Club and Conceige moving to the former I-Lounge space on deck 3. Otherwise it seems identical to the Beyond. 

Check it out here and see the deck plans - you are correct and apologize -- The deck plans are showing 17 decks -  I was wondering how they could both be 140600 Tons and missing a deck  -   Its funny because they both say they are 16 Decks because they don't count Deck 1.    Also if you actually count the decks there are only 15 because there is no Deck 13.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/member/Celebrity-Ascent

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 2

all good info!

i just hope theres not something crazy wrong on the new ship like on the new ncl ship. many reports of soot, with pics to prove it , all over the place. including the rear haven. but wait, retreat is in the front. just realized that lol. so no worries even if that is the case. 

i watched the beyond tour on youtube again and i dont know why but i'm impressed. i love oasis of the seas and i know thats like 50% bigger but somehow beyond's vid made it seem much bigger inside.  maybe it's better use of space. 

now if i could just get beyond to port in NYC near home that would really be nice!

5 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

i just hope theres not something crazy wrong on the new ship like on the new ncl ship. many reports of soot, with pics to prove it , all over the place. including the rear haven. but wait, retreat is in the front. just realized that lol. so no worries even if that is the case. 

NCL's newest ship was the first in a class so it was a brand new design.  There is a higher chance of there being issues when it is a design they have never done before.  With the Ascent being the 4th ship in the class, they have had chance to address any major design issues.

We are booked on the Ascent for early 2025 and really looking forward to it.

We just returned from the Beyond yesterday. Captain Kate confirmed that the Ascent is identical to Beyond. Just minor tweaks (already mentioned), but no major design, appeal or wow factor changes. Book based on best itinerary and price for your Edge Villa (which we visited as well). You will be VERY HAPPY on either ship!!!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2023 at 5:08 PM, jelayne said:

Not much info about the Ascent that I have seen.  The Edge, the1st E class and Apex(2nd) are almost identical, just some minor changes. 
The Beyond had some significant changes; improved and larger Sunset Bar, larger Retreat Sun Deck, Luminae moved to Deck 16 with move windows, additional specialty restaurant Le Voyage, larger Martini Bar.  I would guess that the Ascent will be almost identical to the Beyond. 

In all fairness there are also more suites

On 2/14/2023 at 2:07 PM, momster0102 said:

We are doing ascent next year and wondering what differences between aqua sky suite and sky suite? 

The suites are identical the difference is in the spa amenities included with the Aqua Sky Suites.