Check in date conflict?

swdke

That happened to me -- our check in date was X, yet the app didn't open on X.  I waited a couple hours, thinking maybe it wasn't on Eastern Standard Time.  Nope.  It opened the next day -- never knew why. 

One thing you could do is try both the phone app and your computer -- just in case something is wonky with one or the other. 

Just start checking in at midnight. I was a hour or two late and the earliest time was already gone. 

Midnight the time the ship leaves. I'm used to checking in midnight Galveston time and my next is out of Miami.  Bunch of go getters. Its midnight miami time for ships out of florida. 10:30 taken. I got the first reported 11 am check in. Dont wait.

18 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

My best guess is that check in will open 45 days before your cruise.  Is your cruise April 8 or April 9?  

Actually my cruise is May 7.  App says I can check in on March 22, website says March 23rd.  I do appreciate being given information on check in date, just odd that the dates are not the same and a day apart.

35 minutes ago, swdke said:

Actually my cruise is May 7.  App says I can check in on March 22, website says March 23rd.  I do appreciate being given information on check in date, just odd that the dates are not the same and a day apart.

By my count, March 23 is 45 days before your cruise.  If the date in the app does not change by March, I’d check the app on the 22nd though I would not be surprised if check in does not open until 45 days out on the 23rd.

20 hours ago, swdke said:

For my upcoming cruise, the App says check in is on the 22nd of the month, and the website says check in is on the 23rd of the month.  What gives?  Thanks.

If I had to guess I would say the app is using the time zone on your phone and the website is using the eastern time zone.  (Miami)  What time zone are you using on your phone?

40 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

If I had to guess I would say the app is using the time zone on your phone and the website is using the eastern time zone.  (Miami)  What time zone are you using on your phone?

I think you're on the right track, but I bet the website is using GMT. Otherwise it'd only be a day off for the last 3 hours of the days if you're in the lower 48.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/14/2023 at 2:12 PM, Cigar King said:

I'm Eastern standard Time 

On 2/14/2023 at 12:07 PM, swdke said:

My cruise is May 6 and the check in date listed is March 22 on the app.