Britannia Chair Hogs

wowzz

According to another site, towels and other personal possessions were being removed from unused sun loungers yesterday, and these noticed were left on the sun beds. 

Has anyone here seen them. Seems to be a welcome development. 

FB_IMG_1676589123655.jpg

• Like 22

13 hours ago, July morning said:

Hope this happens on all the ships a step in the right direction for a change😎

About time too, this has been a problem since Nelson was a lad. Although we do not sun bathe it seems grossly unfair that so many loungers are bagged for long periods of time with no sign of use. P&O previously saying the customers can remove items after a period is unacceptable as it put fare paying passengers in risk of conflict.

With P&O trying to woo younger cruisers and families then things need to change. Parents need to be where they can keep an eye on their children in the pools,

Most of the chair hogs seem to be the more established cruisers, not that we have cruised on ships with many younger passengers. If this problem is not cracked once and for all, these new cruisers will be disgusted with this behaviour but will adopt “if you can’t beat them join” them attitude. With cheaper prices and drinks packages it’s a recipe for violent confrontation.    

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bill Y said:

About time too, this has been a problem since Nelson was a lad. Although we do not sun bathe it seems grossly unfair that so many loungers are bagged for long periods of time with no sign of use. P&O previously saying the customers can remove items after a period is unacceptable as it put fare paying passengers in risk of conflict.

With P&O trying to woo younger cruisers and families then things need to change. Parents need to be where they can keep an eye on their children in the pools,

Most of the chair hogs seem to be the more established cruisers, not that we have cruised on ships with many younger passengers. If this problem is not cracked once and for all, these new cruisers will be disgusted with this behaviour but will adopt “if you can’t beat them join” them attitude. With cheaper prices and drinks packages it’s a recipe for violent confrontation.    

Talking of confrontation, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the selfish folk involved choose to take it out on the staff tasked with removing their items. It is likely that the crew so tasked are not members of the security team. With that in mind, I would hope they are provided with BWV, and any passenger recorded as displaying abusive or violent behaviour is dealt with robustly.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, TigerB said:

Talking of confrontation, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the selfish folk involved choose to take it out on the staff tasked with removing their items. It is likely that the crew so tasked are not members of the security team. With that in mind, I would hope they are provided with BWV, and any passenger recorded as displaying abusive or violent behaviour is dealt with robustly.

By all accounts, this was happening. Some seriously disgruntled pax taking it out on the poor crew members.

7 minutes ago, solentsam said:

heard that on ariva when we was on board some sort of ding dong over sunbeds and crew member was accosted the pax was removed at the next port

That certainly was the case on the positioning cruise to the Caribbean,  according to other sources.

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

That certainly was the case on the positioning cruise to the Caribbean,  according to other sources.

1 hour ago, solentsam said:

yes it was that cruise, we was on it

I'm not surprised; there were one or two right bevvied-up Brits Abroad on that cruise.

2 minutes ago, solentsam said:

yes certainly was more than two i think, seen one with  vodka and orange at  6:30 in a bottle disguised as fruit juice lol

When were walking along the front at St Maarten, there were a group of about eight outside a bar, the lads just in shorts, and the lasses in bikinis that didn't leave much to the imagination; all lobster red and well inebriated, singing (badly) and jumping about.  I remarked that they must be off our ship.🙄

Reminds me of an incident about 30 years ago on holiday in Majorca, there were a fairly obnoxious British family group at the hotel, I think it was 3 brothers and their families, they used to reserve around 20 sun beds each day in a prime position next to the pool, towels usually on beds around 5am just after pool area cleaned. One morning a note was left for them on a number of the chairs saying their towels looked bored, so they had been moved to benches on the sea front which had a sea view. 😬

After they went home 2 days later 4 lads from Newcastle who we got talking to in the bar admitted it was them who did it after an altercation with a couple of the family in the pool the previous day. 

Not sure whether they found their towels or not. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6