Is the parking price at the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal increasing?

EllieinNJ

3 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

Some threads on FB said the parking price is going up from $30/day to $45/day.  I haven't seen it anywhere else.  Is it true?

The current price on the website is showing 30 dollars a day is the same we paid last September/October when we parked for our cruise.

We paid up front the total amount on arrival. We parked the car where we wanted, We were given ticket/receipt that we had to show approach the lot on arrival. Once again before we departed

There are no notes states a increase in rates.

We were very happy after using the lot for the first time since other times we car service there.

We will be doing again in June on the next trip.

• Thanks 1

I asked the parking company to confirm....and they did

Question:  

Good morning,

There was a facebook posting on an MSC forum indicating that the price to park at the Brooklyn Terminal was going up to $45.00 a day effective April 1st.  Could you please confirm that this is true - your website makes no mention of a price change?

Thank you very much for your help.

Reply this morning:

'Emily,

Good morning - that is correct. As of April 1st it is $45.00 per day.

Jason Rubino CPP | Senior Account Manager

jason.rubino@propark.com

Propark Mobility

711 12th Avenue

New York, NY 10019

Cell : 646.299.4670

www.propark.com'
Edited by morrieb1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Glad it did happen during our 14 day cruise last September...That was 20 a day....

image.png.e1c49a2df727066c0ec2623e772529b6.png

I thought it's been $30 a day . I can't imagine only $20 a day including tax anywhere in New York City, with the parking tax outside Manhattan being 10.38%, and 18.38% in Manhattan.

Edit...I see you said $30 a day in your prior post so using $20 here is presumably just a typo.

Edited by njhorseman

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

I thought it's been $30 a day . I can't imagine only $20 a day including tax anywhere in New York City, with the parking tax outside Manhattan being 10.38%, and 18.38% in Manhattan.

Edit...I see you said $30 a day in your prior post so using $20 here is presumably just a typo.

Manhattan was 30 we paid 20 in Brooklyn in September 

40 minutes ago, TheOldBear said:

We drove and parked for our first couple of BCT sailings [5 nights in 2008, 7 nights in 2010]. I cannot think of single reason to try parking there again even for another short sailing.

For convenience with locked property,  high tension lights, security and return to your car after sailing,  not bad for those that find it available.

12 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Manhattan was 30 we paid 20 in Brooklyn in September 

You're mistaken.

Manhattan has been $40 for more years than I can remember. We've parked there many, many times. Here's the official port website: https://nycruise.com/manhattan-terminal/parking/

"No short-term parking No show parking

Cruise Parking
1 to 10 nights$40.00/per night

Extended Cruise Parking
11 to 14 nights$400.00"

You said in your own post...#2 on this thread...the first reply to the original post  that you paid $30 in Brooklyn in September: "The current price on the website is showing 30 dollars a day is the same we paid last September/October when we parked for our cruise"...and indeed the website does say $30 per night for Brooklyn:

https://nycruise.com/brooklyn-terminal/parking/

"Parking Rates

Short Term (Up to 4 Hours)$20.00

Overnight Rate (Up to 24 Hours)$30.00"

2 hours ago, TheOldBear said:

We drove and parked for our first couple of BCT sailings [5 nights in 2008, 7 nights in 2010]. I cannot think of single reason to try parking there again even for another short sailing.

Depending upon where you are on LI, car service, or train plus car service, might beat driving and parking.

• Thanks 1