Rotterdam VII locations to get speciality coffees help

shipshape sam

We are sailing on Rotterdam VII soon and looking at deck plans, not sure if there is a place dedicated coffee shop area.  Couple of locations with the term 'cafe', but have not sailed on HAL in over 12 years and not on Rotterdam VII.  

Any information would be appreciated.  Any other areas on ship that are neat/uniquie.  

21 minutes ago, shipshape sam said:

We are sailing on Rotterdam VII soon and looking at deck plans, not sure if there is a place dedicated coffee shop area.  Couple of locations with the term 'cafe', but have not sailed on HAL in over 12 years and not on Rotterdam VII.  

Any information would be appreciated.  Any other areas on ship that are neat/uniquie.  

21 minutes ago, shipshape sam said:

GO to you tube and search Rotterdam reviews. You will get tons of answers. If I recall correctly, Explorations Cafe is in the library in the front of Rotterdam and the Dutch Cafe is on a lower deck mid-ships. I’m sailing from NYC on the TA to Rotterdam, April 7.

CrewNews has the menus

Dutch Cafe menu

https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/Grand-Dutch-Cafe-2021-1.pdf

Exploration cafe

https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Explorations-Cafe.pdf

both have very good coffee but the Dutch Cafe line can be a bit long during peak morning times

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On last cruise (Rotterdam in January at 80% full) Grand Dutch Cafe was open by 6 AM, with the Crows Nest "Exploration Cafe" opening at 7 AM.  Perhaps its was just the sailing, but lines were minimal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CNSJ said:

On last cruise (Rotterdam in January at 80% full) Grand Dutch Cafe was open by 6 AM, with the Crows Nest "Exploration Cafe" opening at 7 AM.  Perhaps its was just the sailing, but lines were minimal.

Thanks for update/info  We go March.

3 hours ago, vicd1969 said:

CrewNews has the menus

Dutch Cafe menu

https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/Grand-Dutch-Cafe-2021-1.pdf

Exploration cafe

https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Explorations-Cafe.pdf

both have very good coffee but the Dutch Cafe line can be a bit long during peak morning times

Thanks for links.  Is CrewNews the app name?

17 hours ago, MaisonRose said:

GO to you tube and search Rotterdam reviews. You will get tons of answers. If I recall correctly, Explorations Cafe is in the library in the front of Rotterdam and the Dutch Cafe is on a lower deck mid-ships. I’m sailing from NYC on the TA to Rotterdam, April 7.

Explorations is in Crow's Nest.
Library is on Deck 2.

• Thanks 1

Have not sailed Rotterdam, but N Statendam- if I am not mistaken they are sister ships.  I loved the specialty coffee from Grand Dutch cafe- deck 3 midship, across from guest services.  There was also Explorations in the Crows nest & I was able to get a specialty coffee on Lido.  There was a small bar set up on both sides of the buffet toward the back/aft.  The coffee was not as good there as it was in Gr Dutch or Explorations, but decent.

• Like 1