Sorry Princess, but that’s NOT Chocolate Cake

thunderbaycruiser

Room service-

Ruby has had the cake since end of 2021 and all of 2022, I'm sure still has it.

Royal I know at least from Sept. 2022 and now.

Have had it on both ships.

Someone just gave you the wrong thing. Did you call them and say I want the cake?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Belle said:

Room service-

Ruby has had the cake since end of 2021 and all of 2022, I'm sure still has it.

Royal I know at least from Sept. 2022 and now.

Have had it on both ships.

Someone just gave you the wrong thing. Did you call them and say I want the cake?

Not sure how it can be the wrong thing?

I do not see what I got as even being on the room service app.

Did not call. Saw no point. 

1 hour ago, VibeGuy said:

Weird.  It’s been as depicted on every sailing we’ve been on since the restart, as recently as two weeks ago!

Weird is right. Also unappetizing, the smallest dessert yet on this cruise, and did nothing to satisfy my craving for the yummy looking chocolate cake in the picture in the app. Guess we booked the wrong cruise?

Edited by thunderbaycruiser

2 minutes ago, Belle said:

You ordered cake--you didn't get cake--you got that--

They sent you the wrong thing--not what you ordered.

I ordered chocolate cake. They didn’t have chocolate cake. They sent a chocolate something. They should not have taken the order if they didn’t have it available.

1 hour ago, thunderbaycruiser said:

I ordered chocolate cake. They didn’t have chocolate cake. They sent a chocolate something. They should not have taken the order if they didn’t have it available.

That's the chocolate mousse, not the chocolate cake. It was one of my favourite desserts on our recent cruise on Coral Princess! A simple mistake I imagine. 😊

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kellyansapansa said:

That's the chocolate mousse, not the chocolate cake. It was one of my favourite desserts on our recent cruise on Coral Princess! A simple mistake I imagine. 😊

I guess I can try again tomorrow. But I am not the only one who has experienced the disappearance of chocolate cake on Princess. 

It’s similar to the Diet Coke mystery on this cruise. Only Coke Zero available for mini bar setup and drink package orders. We don’t like Coke Zero. What they never seem to mention is that you can have Diet Coke if you pay. Drink packages get a 25% discount, but you have to pay. 8th day of this cruise and had our first can of Diet Coke today. Yet our drink package supposedly covers drinks up to $16 aud? Why the untruths then that Diet Coke is not available?? Like the chocolate cake, just be up front about it.

• Like 1

We had a similar experience happen 2 weeks ago on the Royal.  

Fruit plate looks so appetizing on the app.  Abundant and overflowing with multiple fruits.  Reality, 3 thin slices of melon.  I have the pictures somewhere.  And we fell for it, repeatedly. 

So we learned to go to the buffet before they closed and make our own fruit plate.  Disappointment averted. Didn't help at 3 am though LOL. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, thunderbaycruiser said:

I guess I can try again tomorrow. But I am not the only one who has experienced the disappearance of chocolate cake on Princess. 

It’s similar to the Diet Coke mystery on this cruise. Only Coke Zero available for mini bar setup and drink package orders. We don’t like Coke Zero. What they never seem to mention is that you can have Diet Coke if you pay. Drink packages get a 25% discount, but you have to pay. 8th day of this cruise and had our first can of Diet Coke today. Yet our drink package supposedly covers drinks up to $16 aud? Why the untruths then that Diet Coke is not available?? Like the chocolate cake, just be up front about it.

Ah, the great chocolate cake and Diet Coke cover up of 2023. I look forward to further updates! 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

4 hours ago, thunderbaycruiser said:

They didn’t have chocolate cake.

I guess this isn’t what has been established. It is possible that they never had the cake in the first place and sent you what they considered to be the best substitute. Or they could have once had the cake and ran out of it. Or they had it and made a mistake and delivered the wrong thing. Nothing in this thread answers the question and without speaking to a human, you will never know. Remember that this isn’t something that gets provisioned. It is made on the ship. So they can always have the cake if the pastry department decides to make it. But even then they have to make them in sufficient quantity to accommodate everyone who orders it which can be tricky. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, thunderbaycruiser said:

Not sure how it can be the wrong thing?

I do not see what I got as even being on the room service app.

Did not call. Saw no point. 

So instead of taking the time to call room service, you instead decided to take even more time to take a photo and then post said photo to a web site.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Stosh68 said:

So instead of taking the time to call room service, you instead decided to take even more time to take a photo and then post said photo to a web site.  

Reminds me of people who endure poor service either from the room attendants or dining room staff and instead of saying something when it happens silently put up with it and then remove the tips as punishment, or come on public forums and complain. 

It is always better to contact the appropriate people and get the issue resolved rather than stay annoyed or angry. But, it seems that some people need to have something to complain about. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We found on our last cruise we had better luck phoning for room service rather than ordering off of the app or the tv. When we had repeated errors, one room service waiter showed me the “ticket” that prints out for their end, and the wording is often incorrect or confusing so I see how mistakes happen. 

Edited by sunviking90
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, thunderbaycruiser said:

That is totally bizarre about the Diet Coke! It's one thing if they just don't have it, although they should. But another thing if they do have it but make you pay extra for it when you have the drink package. I'd fight that one until the cows come home. Ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Sea Hag said:

That is totally bizarre about the Diet Coke! It's one thing if they just don't have it, although they should. But another thing if they do have it but make you pay extra for it when you have the drink package. I'd fight that one until the cows come home. Ridiculous.

In this day of constant supply chain problems, we are seldom shocked.  It is possible that the ship only had a limited supply of Diet Coke and decided to reserve it for the bars.  Consider that on a ship with 1600 cabins it would take 3200 cans of Diet Coke if the simply put 2 cans in each cabin.  

If you have a drink package, and they have Diet Coke cans at a bar, simply ask for a couple of unopened cans and take them back to your cabin :).  

Hank

• Like 2

We finished our cruise on the Crown last week. In the 15 days we never had cake made from flour. All the "cakes" were puddings or mousse. I'm getting ready to do the cruise survey and plan to mention this. Also no donuts! My husband loves donuts. He got some good muffins but no donuts. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, phoebe2m said:

We finished our cruise on the Crown last week. In the 15 days we never had cake made from flour. All the "cakes" were puddings or mousse. I'm getting ready to do the cruise survey and plan to mention this. Also no donuts! My husband loves donuts. He got some good muffins but no donuts. 

I miss the little round custard or jam filled donuts. Last several cruises, we've seen ring donuts but not those little round ones.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, thunderbaycruiser said:

Ordered chocolate cake on the app with dinner…

EED95E85-DE72-4084-9581-57EC6BD6E91D.thumb.jpeg.2e6005081c9c5b9146ef7a386a5ee30e.jpeg

Got a tiny bit of I am guessing chocolate pudding?? From the buffet?

C8C6C40E-001F-4E49-A5E2-BEBA37BBA66D.thumb.jpeg.9089ad5063d6da2f59523cfbaaf38cd0.jpeg

If you’re gonna cut back that much Princess, don’t show a delicious slice of chocolate cake on the app. And don’t call it chocolate cake. Seriously.

When I read this, I gasped. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I ordered tacos up on Lido deck. It's supposed to be the Princess version of 2 street tacos. I was served a small bowl with an uncooked tortilla in the bottom and some salad stuff on top. I looked at it and said, "THIS is a TACO?" The guy said, "Yes". I dumped it in the nearest trash and got a slice of pizza instead.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

I ordered tacos up on Lido deck. It's supposed to be the Princess version of 2 street tacos. I was served a small bowl with an uncooked tortilla in the bottom and some salad stuff on top. I looked at it and said, "THIS is a TACO?" The guy said, "Yes". I dumped it in the nearest trash and got a slice of pizza instead.

That sounds just like the new Princess we are experiencing!