How to add Cruise Companions for dinner, etc.

Gma&Gpa

We have several cabins reserved for a  new booking, and I want to add them as "companions" for dinner, etc.  I've tried adding email addresses as it shows on the "Order Detail Page" - but the email is not going through to the various people.  I "think" this is how I did is before, but it's been awhile and I thought maybe they have changed how it works.  Am I missing something?

• Like 1

I am a novice at this, but I think what needs to be done, is contact Carnival with your companions’ booking number to add them for dinner. I believe everyone has to be on the same dining time—early or late. 

I am wanting to do the same thing with my companions. Can someone confirm this?

Call carnival, or your ta, with names, cabin numbers, and booking numbers, and they can link them for dinner. 

You can add companions to your booking page with the add booking link. It works the same whether it is in your name or someone else's. This allows you to manage their booking (such as book excursions, specialty restaurants, etc.). I don't know if this would automatically link them for MDR table or not. 

There’s somewhere in your online Carnival account that you can mark someone as a cruise companion. But I’m not sure if that will add their booking. I’d probably call carnival and have their booking number linked just to be sure. 

3 hours ago, Gma&Gpa said:

Thanks folks.  I thought that it was done thru the website, as it says you can "add companions" by using their email address, but that doesn't seem to be working.  I'll give them a call.

It doesn't work on the website 

I just linked a friend's booking to ours, but I had to call. We tried to send the email from each other's account and nothing. We're listed as cruise companions, but when I tried to see if I could book a specialty restaurant, they weren't on there. 😒

On 2/22/2023 at 1:36 PM, Gma&Gpa said:

Thanks folks.  I thought that it was done thru the website, as it says you can "add companions" by using their email address, but that doesn't seem to be working.  I'll give them a call.

I added my daughter and son-in-law and they had to respond to an email sent to them accepting the invitation to be companions.

9 hours ago, mmtska said:

I just linked a friend's booking to ours, but I had to call. We tried to send the email from each other's account and nothing. We're listed as cruise companions, but when I tried to see if I could book a specialty restaurant, they weren't on there. 😒

Our group is all linked but we all made our specialty dining reservations separately for the same day and time. I keep forgetting to ask my PVP if they will see that we are cruise companions and automatically seat us together. Regardless I’ll probably check in with the restaurants the first day and let them know. First time we’ve cruised with a group, can’t wait!