NC Pricing Compared to Other Lux Lines

KenzSailing

20 hours ago, ak1004 said:

Things that matter to me don’t matter to you and vice versa. Kind of trivial Watson..

You said “YOU can find value” in your post meaning others can, that is why I took an exception. Had you said “I find value”, I would not have questioned it.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2023 at 4:25 AM, AtA said:

You do realize I hope that the majority of the crew you'll never, ever see? 

So you could have the same number of crew to pax on 2 different lines, where one line has more crew serving pax versus another line having more people working the ship that you'll never see.

Given the age of the ships I'd imagine half of them work in Maintenance!

• Haha 5

On 2/24/2023 at 6:28 PM, Mr Luxury said:

You're right but just look at the Explora.

What a good looking ship.

Yes but no main restaurant.

No main theater.

No known lecturers or even if there will be lecturers. (However you can take a tour of the ship with the Captain.)

No known entertainers.

No known classes.

Yes I know we don't know if those will be back on NC, but I'm betting some of those will be.

Personally we don't book because the ship looks good but because of everything else. 

Edited by AtA
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, AtA said:

Yes but no main restaurant.....

Personally we don't book because the ship looks good but because of everything else. 

I believe there are at least 6 restaurants on Explora 1 plus in suite dining - https://explorajourneys.com/it/en/life-on-explora/dining - do they really need a main dining room?

Who cares what it looks like - the overall cruise experience is what will matter

Right now the jury is still out on BOTH Explora and new Crystal - there are a ton of questions unanswered about what new Crystal will offer but many of us have not bothered asking them at this stage as they're still working on the offerings

How anyone can suggest they know what new Crystal is going to be like is beyond me - there's a lot of faith in what they should deliver right now

Oh I know - time will tell - and yes that's correct

• Like 8

10 hours ago, AtA said:

Yes but no main restaurant.

No main theater.

No known lecturers or even if there will be lecturers. (However you can take a tour of the ship with the Captain.)

No known entertainers.

No known classes.

Yes I know we don't know if those will be back on NC, but I'm betting some of those will be.

Most of these are pluses for us.

MDR's always remind me of the school canteen, we much prefer smaller and speciality restaurants.

We rarely attend lectures or classes and on our last SS cruise skipped all of the shows. It would be a boring world if we were all the same. 

We're loving the look of the Explora 1 and will definitely be considering them. Its a shame they've stuck with the Caribbean for their first 2 winters though but I suppose it's a tried and tested market.

I, personally would have preferred something a bit more interesting, South America, Amazon, Asia and so on. The ships look perfect for visiting these places and it would certainly feel more like an Explora-tion than visiting the same Islands that dozens of the floating, behemoth gin palaces already puckfoist their thousands of passengers onto daily.

• Like 3

On 3/3/2023 at 1:36 PM, ak1004 said:

P.S. Actually on some things you CAN put a monetary value. One portion of black caviar is around $50. 2 portions per day on a 10 nights cruise = $1,000 per person.. 

Which I don’t want to be paying for.

But in actuality, how much does the budget include? One portion/day/half the cruisers? So then my cruise fare would include $250 for caviar. More tolerable for me, and I might use $50 or $100 of that.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, May B said:

Which I don’t want to be paying for.

But in actuality, how much does the budget include? One portion/day/half the cruisers? So then my cruise fare would include $250 for caviar. More tolerable for me, and I might use $50 or $100 of that.

and yet they are cheaper than Crystal, with the caviar budget..

4 minutes ago, May B said:

That implies I can expect more to my liking on NC.

Time will tell.

Not sure how you came to that conclusion. But i’m sure you will..

• Like 1

We're loving the look of the Explora 1 and will definitely be considering them. Its a shame they've stuck with the Caribbean for their first 2 winters though but I suppose it's a tried and tested market.

Explora 1 is in the Caribbean in the winter, but not Explora 2

Edited by frankhi

38 minutes ago, frankhi said:

Explora 1 is in the Caribbean in the winter, but not Explora 2

Great news, when I last looked I couldn't see anything other than Caribbean. It was a while back though.

• Like 1