Queens Grills dining options

LargeNegroni

Looking for some advice and tips from people who have experienced the QV Queens grills Q4.

After looking at the Cunard literature it is not obvious which dining options are included. We appreciate our evening meals and breakfasts will be in the QG dining room but are wondering if we can have lunch in the Lido for example for a lighter lunch and a change of scene. Thank you and any other tips as this is our first time cruising.

1 hour ago, LargeNegroni said:

Looking for some advice and tips from people who have experienced the QV Queens grills Q4.

After looking at the Cunard literature it is not obvious which dining options are included. We appreciate our evening meals and breakfasts will be in the QG dining room but are wondering if we can have lunch in the Lido for example for a lighter lunch and a change of scene. Thank you and any other tips as this is our first time cruising.

Yes of course you can , not only in the Lido but also in the Golden Lion pub or a snack in the Chart Room 

As I've said so many times on this forum       There is Life Outside the Grills ! 

And don't forget, if you prefer Afternoon Tea with a bit of an atmosphere ( rather than sitting at a high table in a restaurant) then visit the Queens Room featuring live music and occasionally a Tea Dance 👍

Edited by Bell Boy
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, LargeNegroni said:

You can have fish and chips or whatever is on the lunch menu, in the pub; burger, pizza and hot dogs, with fries in the Lido Grill outside; snacks around the ship; a Lido salad/sushi/hot/cold whatever is on offer in the Lido

or

you can ask your Head Waiter at breakfast or the night before if you can have any of these offerings, or whatever light meal eg, tuna melt, caprese, carpaccio etc or a salad of your own fixings with some protein eg lobster tail or feta etc etc.

In other words, anything you fancy. My go to, as my husband likes to sit for lunch with table service is usually a pick between a salad, a fruit plate, or sushi [Californian roll]. On one particularly convivial World cruse segments cruise, my salad ingredients became known as Table x salad as quite a few table mates took it up with their own tweaks. Lunch and dinner became a jolly meeting point and I didn't get down to do my pick 'n mix plate in the Lido as I do occasionally.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LittleFish1976 said:

You can also get a light lunch or snack in the Carinthia Lounge regardless of cabin grade. Room service is also always available at no extra charge (unless you want certain special items).

And that includes the QG restaurant menu in opening hours.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

Or ask butler for anything in your room

Or indeed LargeNegroni, ask the Butler for/about anything you're unsure about. They are there to help create the best possible experience for you and as a Cunard newbie, there will be things you won't be sure about.

Just ask, and that goes for all your wait staff too. They are also there to enhance your cruise experience.

Enjoy your cruise on my favourite ship. 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, BigMac1953 said:

One more thing you're not told; the Grills restaurants open at 1:00pm on embarkation day.

Sometimes even later. It was 1.30 on QM2 in the summer. This is good, as it stops one worrying about missing lunch if there are checkin delays.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ajpeter said:

slightly off topic.....

If the Grills restaurents open at 1.00 or 1.30 pm what is the earliest check-in/boarding time for Q class?

thank you

Usually round about midday. The earliest I’ve achieved was about 11.25 pre-Covid. I think our boarding instructions said 12, but there was just nobody else around.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ajpeter said:

slightly off topic.....

If the Grills restaurents open at 1.00 or 1.30 pm what is the earliest check-in/boarding time for Q class?

thank you

I recently had a boarding time of 12.45pm for a Q3 cabin. On boarding day the QG dining room opened at 1.30pm so there was no rush to get to lunch.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BigMac1953 said:

Strange. In all our trips (25+), it's always been 1:00pm sharp.

Nonetheless, this has not universally been the case. On my last trip, it was 1.30, so there you go. Perhaps it was because of the checkin process being rather slower, and the pax being allowed on board somewhat later.

10 hours ago, BigMac1953 said:

Strange. In all our trips (25+), it's always been 1:00pm sharp.

Well, I can only assure you it was the case that it opened at 1.30pm on my embarkation day. My butler very politely came to inform me of that fact as soon as I arrived at my cabin.

• Like 1