"Deluxe Beach Break at Playa Mia" vs "Playa Mia Grand Beach Break."

Does anyone know difference between these Royal Caribbean excursions: "Deluxe Beach Break at Playa Mia" and "Playa Mia Grand Beach Break?"  Is it just food/alcohol or is there a difference in activities included too?  The Deluxe Beach Break doesn't really mention which activities are included so it's hard to compare.  The price difference seems like more than food and is pretty significant even for kids (as otherwise I would think it was alcohol).  I tried emailing but getting a useful response out of Royal doesn't seem to be a thing so I thought I would try here.

7 minutes ago, gluecksbaer said:

Does anyone know difference between these Royal Caribbean excursions: "Deluxe Beach Break at Playa Mia" and "Playa Mia Grand Beach Break?"  Is it just food/alcohol or is there a difference in activities included too?  The Deluxe Beach Break doesn't really mention which activities are included so it's hard to compare.  The price difference seems like more than food and is pretty significant even for kids (as otherwise I would think it was alcohol).  I tried emailing but getting a useful response out of Royal doesn't seem to be a thing so I thought I would try here.

Can you work it out directly from their website?

https://www.playamia.com/tours-and-excursions

we have never been but I know the food buffet isn’t generally recommended so I don’t know if that helps.

Edited by c-leg5

13 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Can you work it out directly from their website?

https://www.playamia.com/tours-and-excursions

we have never been but I know the food buffet isn’t generally recommended so I don’t know if that helps.

I should have mentioned that I tried their website but nothing is called "Grand" or "Deluxe" for them.  

However, I'm sure the food is a large part of the cost difference so knowing it isn't recommended does help.  Thanks!

Read the descriptions between the two; one may include only the beach, one may include the buffet plus the beach. Sometimes the price includes all of that plus alcohol or you can purchase alcohol by the drink.

I disagree with the people who say the buffet is not recommended. We went to Playa Mia in January on Adventure and we found the buffet to be delicious. 

10 hours ago, Kellie in Texas said:

Read the descriptions between the two; one may include only the beach, one may include the buffet plus the beach. Sometimes the price includes all of that plus alcohol or you can purchase alcohol by the drink.

I disagree with the people who say the buffet is not recommended. We went to Playa Mia in January on Adventure and we found the buffet to be delicious. 

One definitely includes the buffet and the other doesn't list it (so I assume it does not).  But the one that includes the buffet says "Enjoy a day of adventure at Playa Mia Grand Beach Park. Kayak, swim, sail, play on a water trampoline, pedal a water bicycle, or just relax on a beach float—there’s so much to do! Mix it up with a couple land sports and hit the soccer field, Ping-Pong, or volleyball courts" whereas the other says "Add some aquatic adventure to your Mexican vacation with a carefree, fun-filled day at Playa Mia Grand Beach Water Park, the largest beach attraction in Cozumel. Complete with roundtrip transportation to and from port, you’ll enjoy approximately four hours exploring the park at your leisure. White-sand shorelines and the Oasis Island Pool offer seaside serenity for those looking to relax. This is one adventure the whole family will love." So my question was as to whether the more expensive one included more activities or just listed more activities.  

5 hours ago, gluecksbaer said:

One definitely includes the buffet and the other doesn't list it (so I assume it does not).  But the one that includes the buffet says "Enjoy a day of adventure at Playa Mia Grand Beach Park. Kayak, swim, sail, play on a water trampoline, pedal a water bicycle, or just relax on a beach float—there’s so much to do! Mix it up with a couple land sports and hit the soccer field, Ping-Pong, or volleyball courts" whereas the other says "Add some aquatic adventure to your Mexican vacation with a carefree, fun-filled day at Playa Mia Grand Beach Water Park, the largest beach attraction in Cozumel. Complete with roundtrip transportation to and from port, you’ll enjoy approximately four hours exploring the park at your leisure. White-sand shorelines and the Oasis Island Pool offer seaside serenity for those looking to relax. This is one adventure the whole family will love." So my question was as to whether the more expensive one included more activities or just listed more activities.  

There are far better beaches in Cozumel than that one.  🙂 

I was researching the same place a while ago. Ended up letting the kid decide, and it seems we're going on a chocolate making tour instead of the beach...🤣

Anyway, yeah, as far as I can tell, one includes food and the other does not. 

Also might be worth it to check out that Chankanaab place. A lot of the shore excursions and beach breaks seem to be there, so if everybody is unsure of what they want to do, you can just get the day pass and buy tickets for the various other "stuff to do" right there at the park.

41 minutes ago, PolicromaSol said:

I was researching the same place a while ago. Ended up letting the kid decide, and it seems we're going on a chocolate making tour instead of the beach...🤣

Anyway, yeah, as far as I can tell, one includes food and the other does not. 

Also might be worth it to check out that Chankanaab place. A lot of the shore excursions and beach breaks seem to be there, so if everybody is unsure of what they want to do, you can just get the day pass and buy tickets for the various other "stuff to do" right there at the park.

We love Chankanaab, another great place that is easy to get there by cab on your own. There are lots of things to do there as well. I might do Playa Mia this next time because I haven't done it  in a while 

We were very disappointed having done the Grand Beach Break here.

Many of the extras were included, free for the asking, but tip the workers.  Which happens everywhere.

You had two choices of food places.

The first one was exclusive for us and some of the food choices were not known to us, we could not figure them out.  Mexican entre's with tons of beans and greens.

We also had the option of dining at the general buffet.

(if people booked the plain option, this was a pay to eat place, not included).

Many salads, we had French Fries, we were  not to keen on eating in an open beach area where we saw some (winged things) few but small hovering around. We figured the French fries would be safe having been nuked to be cooked.

Now food is not the only criteria to book a place, but there are better choices of places to go, cause it seems you always get hungry when out in the sun and water.

The beach was clean and the entry to the water had few stones, little sea weed and was enjoyable.

The pool was clean, and very relaxing.

The ladies restroom had 3 functional toilets and a few dressing rooms.  It was very crowded and the line was long to get changed and get ready to go back to the ship.

We left on the first bus back.

Ate in the WJ

Edited by Lionesss

13 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

There are far better beaches in Cozumel than that one.  🙂 

I have one child who saw it when I was looking at accessible excursion options and really wanted to go and one child who has lost all excitement for this cruise after finding out that the stock picture of the pool area shown for the Allure includes water slides that are not yet found on the Allure and the zipline is not available to kids her size.  So unless the other beaches have a couple water slides too, they won't help.

Edited by gluecksbaer