Back from the Encore-Haven stay

Stelkp

Hi all! We just got home from our Encore Haven cruise. Our itinerary did not include gsc since it was previously Cancelled and replaced with Nassau. We had a great time. Stayed in the owners suite Haven. OMG!!

In DR we stayed at emotions for the day. In St Thomas we did the catamaran snorkel and in Tortola we did our own thing. 
If you have any questions about anything please ask. I was fortunate enough to get a lot of info from the boards before going so I’m happy to help. 

We are going to be in the Haven on Encore in August for an Alaskan Cruise.  Can't wait.  We love the Haven.   I've heard complaints from other parts of the ship that the number of bartenders was cut down.   Were there still 2 in the Haven bar?  Not that we are big drinkers but it was nice to not have to wait too long.  

2 minutes ago, fsa1155 said:

We are going to be in the Haven on Encore in August for an Alaskan Cruise.  Can't wait.  We love the Haven.   I've heard complaints from other parts of the ship that the number of bartenders was cut down.   Were there still 2 in the Haven bar?  Not that we are big drinkers but it was nice to not have to wait too long.  

Yes, there were 2 amazing bartenders at all times and walking around servers during peak hours.  
Maria and Kai were the bartenders. Try his “black eye” drink.  

6 minutes ago, fsa1155 said:

Thanks for the info.  Did you happen to try the American Diner on embarkation day?  We are going to do that since its free for Haven guests on embarkation day.  Hope it's good.  

We did! And it was practically empty! We had the mozzarella sticks and crispy chicken sandwiches. It was good-we wanted to try it since it was included. I can’t say enough about the haven staff though. We did 3 specialty restaurants and the Haven was better than all of them. 
I asked about vegetarian options in the haven and the chef made me a special meal every time we ate there. I just loved them all! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stelkp said:

We did! And it was practically empty! We had the mozzarella sticks and crispy chicken sandwiches. It was good-we wanted to try it since it was included. I can’t say enough about the haven staff though. We did 3 specialty restaurants and the Haven was better than all of them. 
I asked about vegetarian options in the haven and the chef made me a special meal every time we ate there. I just loved them all! 

Which three specialty restaurants were they? We have an upcoming cruise in the Haven and I’m really debating cancelling my specialty dining reservations and not doing any specialties at all. I keep reading the Haven restaurant is better. 

8 hours ago, mickeysgal said:

Which three specialty restaurants were they? We have an upcoming cruise in the Haven and I’m really debating cancelling my specialty dining reservations and not doing any specialties at all. I keep reading the Haven restaurant is better. 

Hi-we did Cagney's, loco and tapanyaki. All were good-just loud and crowded. I found the food to be better at haven and the overall experience. Tapanyaki took forever and after a while it was super loud in the room with all the cooks doing the show. If I were to repeat-I would do only one specialty. My friend did ocean blue and loved it. 

8 hours ago, Vivsher said:

Please tell me about your excursions. We are doing roughly same in a  couple of weeks. 

We did the all inclusive Emotions in puerto plata and really enjoyed it. They help you get chairs to the beach and get you towels. Drink service at the beach is good. Food and drink included. Water was nice. Air condition bus brings you and picks up. There is shade available too. Pool is ok

In St Thomas we did the NCL St John Champagne catamaran and it was not great. Long lines. 30 minute car ride to the marina and then 45 min boat ride to snorkel for 40 min. Then boat ride back and car ride back. The car to pick up was late and the whole thing I would not recommend. 

In Tortola we actually “booked a night” in the Wyndham and used their facilities. It was really nice and relaxing. Nassau we stayed on the boat. 

Edited by Stelkp

6 hours ago, GeorgiaGirl14 said:

How was Emotions in Dominican Republic?

We really enjoyed it if you are looking for a beach day. It’s well run and punctual. Food was good. Waves were fun. No seaweed. No money needed to spend extra on except tips. 

Our experience on breakaway last month was the same.  Haven restaurant blew away the specialties.   We did teppanyaki as that isnt something you can get in Haven, and La Cucina.  We ended up canceling cagneys which is usually our last night routine.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Stelkp said:

What kind of vegetarian options did they offer? I've seen a lot of Indian food vegetarian offerings for other people.

1 hour ago, sherrihall128 said:

What kind of vegetarian options did they offer? I've seen a lot of Indian food vegetarian offerings for other people.

The chef made me an array of Indian food and Asian food. Different every night. So good each time. My table was jealous lol. 

• Like 1

Thank you so much for the report!

We are going to be in the DOS with large balcony in Alaska in September and cannot wait - it's a bucket list for us.

Was the balcony as awesome as it looks on the YouTube videos online?

Warmest, Amy

Yes it was wonderful!!! Windy at times but still doable. The suite itself is amazing!!!! We had 20 people in there for a cocktail party lol. For Alaska you’re not going to even need to go to the observation lounge. It’s going to be crazy nice!!! This pic is from the balcony. 

147B80CD-C27A-4BDE-96B7-ACA099A2307B.jpeg