Flights to and from Malta

EM35

We are going on our first fly cruise on Azura in April. We are on a scheduled flight from Newcastle. I know we have to collect our bags from Malta airport and take them through customs. But does anyone know what happens for disembarkation? Do you have to leave your bags out the night before or can you take them off yourself like you would if you self-disembarked?

Many thanks  

Edited by EM35

• EM35 changed the title to Flights to and from Malta
27 minutes ago, EM35 said:

We are going on our first fly cruise on Azura in April. We are on a scheduled flight from Newcastle. I know we have to collect our bags from Malta airport and take them through customs. But does anyone know what happens for disembarkation? Do you have to leave your bags out the night before or can you take them off yourself like you would if you self-disembarked?

Many thanks  

Leave them out the night before won’t see them till you get back to Newcastle assuming the flight back is arranged through P&O and it’s either TUI or Jet2

1 minute ago, carlanthony24 said:

Leave them out the night before won’t see them till you get back to Newcastle assuming the flight back is arranged through P&O and it’s either TUI or Jet2

Thanks for this - yes it is a Jet2 scheduled flight rather than a charter. 

I was just thinking about the logistics of putting the cases out the night before as normally I self-disembark and so can throw things in the suitcase at the last minute. Thinking now I will need to make sure my carry-on can fit everything that is needed. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Actually, you may be right,  as it is an easyjet flight,  not a charter. Which is why I deleted my answer !

We are off on a package put together by a TA. Emailed to us by cc as one of their ' trusted partners ' but I still won't name them. Balcony cabin on Azura, 3 nights 4* in Malta, taxi transfers and BA scheduled flights...£726. We will carry our own bags, but I don't. mind for that price.

12 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We are off on a package put together by a TA. Emailed to us by cc as one of their ' trusted partners ' but I still won't name them. Balcony cabin on Azura, 3 nights 4* in Malta, taxi transfers and BA scheduled flights...£726. We will carry our own bags, but I don't. mind for that price.

Great price. Please don't tell me the cruise is 14 nights !

When I booked our 2024 Azura cruise, I asked if it would be possible to add in a hotel stay, but appears that is not possible at the moment.  And if such an option becomes available,  I probably won't be able to add on a hotel stay. 

However, still reasonably happy with our deal, with flights from BHX.

5 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Great price. Please don't tell me the cruise is 14 nights !

When I booked our 2024 Azura cruise, I asked if it would be possible to add in a hotel stay, but appears that is not possible at the moment.  And if such an option becomes available,  I probably won't be able to add on a hotel stay. 

However, still reasonably happy with our deal, with flights from BHX.

7 night cruuse + 3 in Malta. SiL booked as well

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zap99 said:

7 night cruuse + 3 in Malta. SiL booked as well

We are on a similar itinerery ,  we fly from Manchester , 3 nights hotel, cruise 7  nights, balcony. we paid £899. A bit more than you but still a good deal 😊

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lindypops said:

We are on a similar itinerery ,  we fly from Manchester , 3 nights hotel, cruise 7  nights, balcony. we paid £899. A bit more than you but still a good deal 😊

I don't know how they do it. With ours, if you take off the cost of the hotel,flights and taxi transfers, that leaves less than £400 for the cruise. We haven't got anything booked for 2024, but based on this deal we will hang on to see what comes along.

24 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Very interested in the Azura, 3 nights Malta, 7 night cruise deals. What dates are the under £1000 for a balcony available, from Manchester? Thanks.

These were packages put together by a number of travel agents. Not P&O. The promotional email for the one I booked came from cruise critic, but I won't name the TA. Oh no....too risky.😉

56 minutes ago, zap99 said:

These were packages put together by a number of travel agents. Not P&O. The promotional email for the one I booked came from cruise critic, but I won't name the TA. Oh no....too risky.😉

Searched and found none. Enjoy your cruise.

1 hour ago, bobstheboy said:

Searched and found none. Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you. My guess is that P&O were having problems getting all the flights they needed, so farmed off a number of cruises cheap to the trade.

Another quick question.

Our flight is due to arrive in Malta at 11:55 and so we were just wondering if, after checking-in at the port, you can explore Malta for a bit before the ship leaves at 7:30 pm. Or is it a case of straight from the airport to the ship and staying on the ship. Does anyone know?

Thank you